PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose-AS Movies or Music with a discount?

frannn
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
We are going in the infamous "black hole" AP discount time period in Oct (ahhh, Murphy's law for us, as usual). I currently have AS Movies booked and half paid for, with no discount, for 10 nights. If I wanted to buy a AAA membership, I would save a net amount of 114. (after taxes), but I would have to stay at the AS Music. Not only are there are no AAA rooms currently available at AS Mo, they are totally booked for my time frame. I prefer the Movies, but I am so bitter about this BR/no call in AP discount thing, I feel like I want to change to Music just so I can get the AAA discount. DH doesn't agree. He says he likes the Movie theming better, we spent our honeymoon there years ago, etc etc etc. I guess we have been spoiled, but we have never spent over 1100 for an All Star resort for an 11 day trip. What would you do?

A Mickeyfan
09-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I would go for the Music & save the money. You can always use the pool & eat in the food court over at the Movies...

rockyroad
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Me too.

I would walk across the parking lot and stay in Music. The New Orleans looking section is really cute.(Is it Jazz?)

You can walk over to Movies and use their food court with the money that you save.

aka-mad4themouse
09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
I have to agree with the others. $114 is a nice tidy sum that you can put towards other things, the AAA membership will come in handy for other discounts besides WDW and you can always "visit" Movies while staying in Music.

Colinsmom
09-04-2005, 10:21 AM
The flip side is that you are saving $11/day. If you really love Movies then stick with it, unless that $114 would make a nice difference in how you spend your vacation!

Janice B
09-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Personally I agree with your husband. Yes saving the $114 would be nice, however I to find the AS movie resort to be a better resort.

pegster
09-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I HAVE TO AGREE, I LOVE MOVIES. WE ARE STAYING AT POP CENTURY BECAUSE THERE WERE NO ROOMS LOFT AT MOVIES FOR LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!! :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

helenk
09-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I stayed in the Allstar Music this past July and I really liked it. I found there to be less younger children there. The Movies are geared more for families with younger children.
The Movies is also the last bus on the pick up and drop off route. I know that October is probably not as busy as July, but frequently by the time the bus picked up at the Sports, Music, the Movies were standing.
There are a few routes when we did not share, but it is something to keep in mind.

WeluvDisney2
09-05-2005, 04:19 PM
I love the Movies too, however I would save the $114 and go to the Hoop de Doo, Cirque du Soliel etc. instead. I would enjoy one of those alot more than just looking at some preferred theming. :earboy2:

LoriKutchey
09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
My cousin recently returned from staying at Movies, she said her 3 kids absolutely loved it!!

nowellsl
09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
I would switch!

DisDarling
09-05-2005, 05:44 PM
AS Movies is SOO worth it to stay there! BUT, if that $114 is a MAJOR difference for you, than I would stay at Music and walk over like others suggested!! :)

donnajon
09-05-2005, 05:44 PM
How much time do you actually spend at the resort? We are always on the go at Disny and pretty much just sleep there? Is it worth the extra price just to walk past cute icons on the way to your room or are you going to be hanging out at the resort enjoying the surroundings some? That might help you decide.

PattiPB
09-06-2005, 03:39 AM
Since you obviously have never wanted to own an AAA membership, subtract the amount of the membership from $114 to get your "true" savings. KWIM?? It won't add up to much, especially if you don't want/need AAA.

JMO!

frannn
09-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Since you obviously have never wanted to own an AAA membership, subtract the amount of the membership from $114 to get your "true" savings. KWIM?? It won't add up to much, especially if you don't want/need AAA.

JMO!

I think I'm more interested in the discount due to principal, not amount, if you follow me. I'm so upset about being in the "black hole" for discounts that I just want Disney to throw me a bone. In the end, we'll probably stick with the Movies. I'm still trying to convince DH otherwise, though. Movies is entirely booked, which means a loud resort, crowded buses, crowded food court, etc.

robinb
09-06-2005, 09:01 AM
I think that $114 isn't enough of a discount over 10 days to make much of a difference. I would stick with All Star Movies as All Star Music is my least favorite resort.

frannn
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
I think that $114 isn't enough of a discount over 10 days to make much of a difference. I would stick with All Star Movies as All Star Music is my least favorite resort.

Maybe that will help to make my decision more concrete! I know the resort is not as new, older food court, theming not as "kid friendly"....what'd I miss?
TIA!

robinb
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe that will help to make my decision more concrete! I know the resort is not as new, older food court, theming not as "kid friendly"....what'd I miss?
TIA!

My main complaint with ASMu is that it is too spread out. If you get stuck in Country Fair you are a long, long way from the food court and the busses. I am also not wild about the music theme in the resort, rooms or around the food court. The age of the resort doesn't bother me since I like All Star Sports. I'm a big sports girl, though. I also like Pop, but I think that would change when the other section across the lake finally opens up.

Brina
09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
depends on the age of your kids. 10 and up, or just you and your dh - take the discount. with little children I would stay at movies.