PDA

View Full Version : STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

3DisneyNUTS
09-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Ok shop for $50 place the items in your cart
place this in your special offers discount codes.

visaschool0510

scroll down Hit apply and $10 will come off.
LOG OUT
PLACE another item over $50 in your cart being you are logged out nothing else will be in there you have not lost your other items don't worry
(I used the cuties comforter for $59.99)
put this coupon in the spoecial offers discount box
halloweenfun
hit apply and it will come off
you will now see both coupons on the bottom and all your stuff in your cart.
REMOVE COMFORTER from cart
LOG OUT
add comforter again from cart
disneytreat 10%
scroll down hit apply
you will now see 10% off everything in your cart
REMOVE comforter
LOG OUT
ADD commforter
put following code in
DMC10
click apply
you will see everything had 20% off and two $10 codes for $20 off.

It is a PITA BUT it worked for me. I got $75 worth of stuff for $34.95 free shipping and just tax for a total of $42.85 :)

I hope it woriks for you guys :)

klj27
09-03-2005, 11:43 AM
I couldn't get the first code to work: visaschool0510. Any suggestions?

granmanh603
09-03-2005, 12:00 PM
You have to be logged in I think to get that one to work and you have to use your Disney Visa card and $50 purchase. Carol :earsgirl:

klj27
09-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Okay... I thought I followed the directions, but it did not work. I never got the visaschool0510 to show up. My final order did have 20% off of two of the items (I am guessing they don't discount dvd's), but it removed the halloweenfun $10 that did work the first time. Hmmmm.

renda460
09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I think the person above actually bought the cuties comforter. I followed the instructions and everything worked until the very end. I took out the comforter and only 2 discount codes stayed. Previously there had been 4. Anyone know if this happened because of a certain dollar amount that my purchase went under? What if I dont want to buy a $50 item, will this still work by taking that item out in the end?

klj27
09-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Okay.... it did work. My total was going to be $75 for the stitch comforter set, disneyland office set and rubber stamps. Still a little more than I would like to pay for these items.

I do have another question though, How were the OP items only worth $75? Didn't we have to have $50 worth of items twice in order for both $10 coupons to work?

The Edgington's
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I got all of them to work except the disneytreat 10%, it said there was no such code. Still saved a bundle!!

ceecee
09-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Visaschool code will not work UNLESS you are already logged in.....so how can you get it to work? Also the Disney treat 10% is not valid. DMC10 is also coming up invalid.

stacieps
09-03-2005, 03:22 PM
I ordered yesterday (Hook costume plus 2 acces., Pocahontas costume plus 2 access.) - used 4 codes, including 1 for Disney Visa - total was $56.80. Today I noticed the 25% off code using Disney Visa (visacostumes0525) and checked the pricing (using 3 add'l codes, halloween fun, dmc10, and disneytreat (I think)) - new total was $42 for same items, I called and was able to cancel yesterday's order. I ended up reordering the same items, plus added a Peter Pan costume and paid less than what I would have paid yesterday ($56.31). Now DD and DS are set for Halloween and I have a birthday gift for DS for the end of this month!

FYI - original price $127.54 less discounts of $71.23!

Donna
09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
The disney treat is DISNEYTREAT (no 10% on the end). I got them all to work. Instead of using the comforter (which was an example) put in something you really do want to buy for that amount. I used two items that totalled over $50 and had to remember to remove/add them but it did work! My $90 worth of items cost $52!

ceecee
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Well, I used the Visa code for 25% off and a 5% code and and $10.00 code! Got DD a Tinkerbell costume (she's 10 and needed the adult size) so I got a pair of shorts and a costume for $40.00.

lmhall2000
09-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I have to say it...you're abusing a glitch in their programming and if it were my company you were doing this to, I'd consider it theft. It clearly states that

"Note: Only one Special Offer or Discount per order."

What about ONE SPECIAL OFFER or DISCOUNT is not understood? Just because you've found a blip in the system that you can manipulate to circumvent their rules....does not make it right.

I think this is horrible and can't believe folks are celebrating their ability to cheat the system. Please, no flames....I see folks looting and taking advantage of a horrible scene in NO...and here folks encouraging others to steal. It's just not right.

Tara

Donna
09-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Is it unusual that i didn't get charged any shipping? i did not buy any halloween items. wow!

Donna
09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I have to say it...you're abusing a glitch in their programming and if it were my company you were doing this to, I'd consider it theft. It clearly states that

What about ONE SPECIAL OFFER or DISCOUNT is not understood? Just because you've found a blip in the system that you can manipulate to circumvent their rules....does not make it right.

I think this is horrible and can't believe folks are celebrating their ability to cheat the system. Please, no flames....I see folks looting and taking advantage of a horrible scene in NO...and here folks encouraging others to steal. It's just not right.

Tara
Oh please..the markup on these items is unreal. We used to have sales in the disney store all the time and guests did the very same thing. If something is wrong with the system, then it should be fixed. They are still making their money, why do you think its marked up so high in the first place. They're certainly not going to go out of business because someone got a few more dollars off on already over-priced items. Besides, they need to clear out their warehouses cause the holiday stuff is just around the corner. You can HARDLY compare this to looting in LA, get a grip.

lbgraves
09-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Be sure to take out your Hook costume & check it for mold. :( I just got the replacement costume & it too has white mold or mildew on the jacket along the sleeves & all down the back. I am washing it now. They must have gotten a bad shipment that was in moist storage. :(

bballdiva
09-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I too last week stacked up 5 codes and got a great discounts on some early x-mas shopin last weeek. I work in retail and no first hand how high these prices are marked up to begin with. At my store when we put items on sale for 50-75% offf we still make money on them.So thaty tells you how high the prices are marked up. I dont consider this stealing at all. All stores rip you off big time to begin with.

Rosie28A
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh please..the markup on these items is unreal. We used to have sales in the disney store all the time and guests did the very same thing. If something is wrong with the system, then it should be fixed. They are still making their money, why do you think its marked up so high in the first place. They're certainly not going to go out of business because someone got a few more dollars off on already over-priced items. Besides, they need to clear out their warehouses cause the holiday stuff is just around the corner. You can HARDLY compare this to looting in LA, get a grip.

Donna,

self-righteous: Definition
self-right·eous ( sĕlf ' rī ' chəs ) adj. Piously sure of one's own righteousness;
moralistic. Exhibiting pious self-assurance: self-righteous.

You could not have said it better. There are some who proclaim their self-righteous in words but when it comes to delivery you find them "all talk".
Lots of proclamations for others to follow, but seldom followed through by themselves, if you pay attention to their "act". Wearing your religion on your sleeve will not get you to heaven . . . . religion should be in your heart.

Our system is governed by laws . . . . follow the law and you will not have a problem. A person can "bible thump" all they want, but it should be private and withing their clan. Disney has hundreds of attorneys, policy manuals, etc. and all that makes them successful. They know how to price and make allowances for their mistakes.

If Disney posts an offer you want, then buy into an error on their part, so what. Is that any worse than trying to figure out every angle on a coupon
strategy that they might have overlooked?

If a retailer posts a price, then delivers the product where someone legally follows the terms then the retailer has done their half of a contract. If you followed the buying procedures, clicks, etc., in the buy, it's yours?

3DisneyKids
09-03-2005, 07:56 PM
LOL...not again! I am still recovering from the stacking frenzy from last week! There were things I didn't get last week, maybe I'll have to take another look...

As to the ethics of this...I actually spoke to someone (a manager) on the 1-800 number and they are completely aware of the issue. This is how she explained it to me:

Such a relatively small number of people know about this glitch (i.e.: those of us on the DIS boards and maybe some folks on other Dinsey sites) that it is not an issue.

They have no intentions of fixing it. Why? Because they know it is the Disney-a-holics who have figured out the glitch and that we are so excited that we end up buying way more than we would have had we not been able to stack. So, even though we save a ton by stacking codes, we are still paying the company more b/c we feel we are getting such great deals.

And let's face it, if stacking codes meant they were operating at a loss (selling us this stuff for less than it cost them), they would fix the glitch. This is a major company and would not allow itself to lose money.

Just my 2 cents...(since that's all I have left after stacking...LOL!)

Don't know if you followed all of that, but it was enough to ease my conscious.

lbgraves
09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! :) It figures that they have the upper hand in all of this! LOL!

triplefigs
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I just placed TWO orders (yes, ladies, I ordered my DD more costumes... :rotfl: ) and got them for $13.18 each which beats my $14.15 post last month! :banana:

Anyway, it let me use ALL the codes for both orders!
1st Order (all costumes and accessories): used the 25% Disney Visa discount, both 10% discounts, and the 2 $10 off coupons for the 1st order. Ended up 45% off each item plus $20 off the order and free shipping!

The 2nd order: Both 10% off codes and both $10 off codes. Gave me 20% off each item and $20 off the total with free shipping.

I averaged 56% savings between the 2 orders tonight. Thanks to all!

lmhall2000
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Donna,

self-righteous: Definition
self-right·eous ( sĕlf ' rī ' chəs ) adj. Piously sure of one's own righteousness;
moralistic. Exhibiting pious self-assurance: self-righteous.

You could not have said it better. There are some who proclaim their self-righteous in words but when it comes to delivery you find them "all talk".
Lots of proclamations for others to follow, but seldom followed through by themselves, if you pay attention to their "act". Wearing your religion on your sleeve will not get you to heaven . . . . religion should be in your heart.

Our system is governed by laws . . . . follow the law and you will not have a problem. A person can "bible thump" all they want, but it should be private and withing their clan. Disney has hundreds of attorneys, policy manuals, etc. and all that makes them successful. They know how to price and make allowances for their mistakes.

If Disney posts an offer you want, then buy into an error on their part, so what. Is that any worse than trying to figure out every angle on a coupon
strategy that they might have overlooked?

If a retailer posts a price, then delivers the product where someone legally follows the terms then the retailer has done their half of a contract. If you followed the buying procedures, clicks, etc., in the buy, it's yours?

No one mentioned the Bible...you can try and muddy the waters to conceal the truth...but this is theft by manipulation...plain and simple.

But since you are struggling to define my motivation whether it be from a vein of self-righteousness or bible-thumping...it actually stems from two words...ethics and integrity.

"Ethics is a concept that runs deep in the collective consciousness of modern society. Most believe that choosing the moral "high road," standing up for one's principles, and doing the right thing should form the foundation for the actions and decisions of today's leaders. Yet headlines depict graft, corruption and moral decay that cast shadows beyond government and business to the heart of ...every community. Scandals such as corporate scandal, trade violations, and self-entitlement serve as reminders of what happens when ethics are considered an option of convenience."

That's my point. Not yours.

Tara

Barbi
09-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Thank you for the instructions.
I ordered using all 5 codes:
Power Ranger PJ's - 3.99
Flag pole & Bracket - 7.99
Americana Mickey Tee - 4.79
Casa de Mickey Quilted Tote - 10.39
Squirt Infant Costume - 13.48
Disney Logo Shirts - 4.79
Mickey Icon Beach Towel -7.99
Eeyore Beach Towel - 7.99
Light-up Trick or Treat Wand - FREE

Total before discounts 91.42
Billed to Disney Visa 54.01

For anyone else who has not tried stacking coupons, it really works, just be patient. Also this coupon came with my comfirmation e-mail.

Use your coupon at Disneydirect.com to bring the Magic home, or share your coupon with friends and family! Don't forget, your coupon expires October 31, 2005.*
Your coupon code is: FALLFUN05

Do you think 6 would be pushing it??? :rolleyes:

Barbi

3DisneyNUTS
09-04-2005, 08:21 AM

Tara
Get off yourself and how dare you compare saving money to NO people are dying there and lost everything. Give me a break!

frannn
09-04-2005, 08:32 AM
on the same order? I'd love to get 10 off 50 and the 25% off costumes. I thought you had to be logged in for both?

TiggerStac
09-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have a disney visa, so I lost out on the 25% off costume one...but I did just get 115.48 worth of stuff for just over 50.00!! This includes the sale price on costume (herc) and discounts/codes...plus free shipping!! I was trying so hard to get to the $50.00 point for free shipping and it worked.

Herc Costume: 17.15
Herc Sword: 10.15
Mickey Pet costume...for my pug 13.65
Incredibles long jammies: 9.09
Power rangers long jammies: 9.09
light up wand 0.00
less 10.00 off for 50 or more order!!

tax..couple of dollars, though what they put as an est is incorrect, as I am in MA and there is no tax on clothing (and they taxed everything)

Getting everything shipped free for less than I was going to pay a few weeks ago for just the herc costume and the mickey pet costume (54.00)...priceless~!!!!!!!! :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug:

lbgraves
09-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I am trying to figure out all of the codes that you were able to use. These are the ones that I have found.

visacostumes0525 25%
halloweenfun $10
disneytreat 10%
dmc10 10%

free ship on 50 or more automatic

What is the other $10 code? Is this the visaschool0510? I saw someone mention a 5% code. Is that one still available? TIA!

lbgraves
09-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I just did another order. I hope that it shows up during the week so that I can put it away with the others out of sight of both DD & DH! :) 43.74 for Cinderella & Aurora in a larger size for DD, PR for DS next year, & 2 pairs of Mickey gloves to use on our next cruise to wave at the CMs & everyone waving at us along the channel when we are leaving Port Canaveral!

BeccaGrace
09-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, you guys are such bad influences on me:) I keep filling my shopping cart, getting all the discounts and thinking better of spending more money I don't put in the order...But if Triplefigs can buy her DD more costumes then I can buy my girls more too :rotfl:

triplefigs
09-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh, you guys are such bad influences on me:) I keep filling my shopping cart, getting all the discounts and thinking better of spending more money I don't put in the order...But if Triplefigs can buy her DD more costumes then I can buy my girls more too :rotfl:

HA! I got her Minnie this time. :banana: Now I'm just waiting for Jasmine to go on sale... ;) Oh, and I'm bidding on Erika from Princess and the Pauper on ebay right now... :blush:

2littleprincesses
09-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I was trying to do the stacking and everytime I log out, all my items are gone. They are only there when I log back in. Ah, well, I got 3 costumes the first time for really cheap.

:mad: :mad:

kjh
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I was trying to do the stacking and everytime I log out, all my items are gone. They are only there when I log back in. Ah, well, I got 3 costumes the first time for really cheap.

:mad: :mad:

I just did mine last night. I did 2 separate orders (so I could use the 25% off costumes). I think the items are supposed to be gone when you log out. That's why you need to add the item $50 or over to your cart then apply a coupon/discount, log in, remove item from cart, log out, put item in cart, etc..

I did have a problem with my 2 $10 off $50 or more disappearing everytime I added a 10% off coupon. then I realized that the total after the 10% of (or whatever% off) still needs to be over $50 to use the $XX off a purchase of $50 or more. Seems like others got this to work for them without the total being over $50 but if it isn't working for you try buying just a few more things to make sure that your total before discounts are above $63.

Thanks so much to the OP for showing me this trick. And while some might find that it is cheating...my husband and I also buy things for friends using his store discount (which we're not supposed to do except for gifts). I say if you can help people to save money, do it as long as you're not breaking the law. I am sure Disney is aware of the *glitch* since they would notice the multiple coupons when packaging our orders. Hope that they don't fix it anytime soon (well, at least until I do my christmas shopping :earboy2: )

frannn
09-04-2005, 03:11 PM
A few days ago I ordered the Snow White comforter and pillow for a total of 32.XX. I was on the fence about the matching lamp, as it's very "girly" and DH doesn't like it for his nightstand. Both our Mickey and Goofy animated lamps have stopped working, for some unknown reason.... So, last night I decided to order just one Snow White lamp, for my nightstand. DH is on his own! I ordered the lamp, a Minnie costume, a Nemo raincoat (listed as boy's, but bought for DD2), and the free halloween light wand. It totaled about 35. DH told me he thinks I should slow the costume buying frenzy, but I explained that I was actually saving us $$, since I would have to buy these costumes off ebay next year (yeah, right!).

lbgraves
09-04-2005, 04:09 PM
LOL! DD is currently wearing XS costumes. I have gotten her a couple SM and some MEDs with the deals over the past month. I wont have to buy her dress up stuff after this probably. :( I have stashed them in the closet so that she wont know about them.

bballdiva
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
I just placed an order a few minutes ago so its def still working. I used the 2 $10 off coupons and all the 10% ones too. Started the x-mas shoppin. The money that i have saved i'm puttin in with my donations to the red cross and salvation army for hurricane katrina victims.

lillygator
09-04-2005, 08:13 PM
does anyone have the current codes? DMC10 says inactive...

t&csmom
09-04-2005, 08:19 PM

TaraI completely agree because I work for the catalog and because we are not bringing in enough money we are selling in feb. So therefore about 300 people are going to be out of a job. Many of them have been her for 15 plus years. I think sometimes you need to ask yourself Is saving me 10 bucks work it. When ever some one gets something for free someone else has to pay. Some of us will probably have to be on welfare or get some kind of help from the state now and I believe that you will be paying for that.

triplefigs
09-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I completely agree because I work for the catalog and because we are not bringing in enough money we are selling in feb. So therefore about 300 people are going to be out of a job. Many of them have been her for 15 plus years. I think sometimes you need to ask yourself Is saving me 10 bucks work it. When ever some one gets something for free someone else has to pay. Some of us will probably have to be on welfare or get some kind of help from the state now and I believe that you will be paying for that.

You both are completely entitled to your feelings on this matter. I respectfully disagree, but this board is not the place to start a debate over stacking codes and whether that is morally offensive, violates Disney policy, etc. If you wish to continue debating this issue, I politely ask you to start a new thread on the Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) which is specifically designed for such threads. Thank you for your cooperation.

2littleprincesses
09-04-2005, 08:47 PM
THanks I figured out about the logging in and out and adding another item for over $50. What would I do without you guys. THanks
:cool1:

SueEllen
09-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Good grief! Like I needed anything else, but the ladies polo shirts were marked down to $12.99--with stacking 30% worth of discounts they came to $9 each (SIGH) so now I am going to have 5 colors (like I need that.)
BUT, I saw the Buzz luggage I got my son last sale at 50% off of the price I paid previously (as well as the Hercules costume going down $10 more.) I have to stay FAR away from the Disney Direct website!!!

:)
Thanks for the tips.
Sue Ellen

triplefigs
09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Good grief! Like I needed anything else, but the ladies polo shirts were marked down to $12.99--with stacking 30% worth of discounts they came to $9 each (SIGH) so now I am going to have 5 colors (like I need that.)
BUT, I saw the Buzz luggage I got my son last sale at 50% off of the price I paid previously (as well as the Hercules costume going down $10 more.) I have to stay FAR away from the Disney Direct website!!!

Thanks for the tips.
Sue Ellen

I know. My DH is about to die with me shopping all the time. I just keep telling him how much money we're really saving! ;) :rotfl:

luv2go2disney
09-04-2005, 11:35 PM
You can also go to naughtycodes.com to see discount codes that are available from a ton of retailers. You just put the retailer's name in that you are looking for and it will list all of the codes available, even special sales that they might be having.

IStoleMyKidsPins
09-06-2005, 09:20 AM
When you apply the DisneyVisa 25% code, when does it show up? During check-out?

klj27
09-06-2005, 09:39 AM
When you apply the DisneyVisa 25% code, when does it show up? During check-out?

I think it should allow you to apply it right away. Are you talking about the visacostumes code for 25% off of costumes?

n2mm
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
I completely agree because I work for the catalog and because we are not bringing in enough money we are selling in feb. So therefore about 300 people are going to be out of a job. Many of them have been her for 15 plus years. I think sometimes you need to ask yourself Is saving me 10 bucks work it. When ever some one gets something for free someone else has to pay. Some of us will probably have to be on welfare or get some kind of help from the state now and I believe that you will be paying for that.

I have to disagree with you. My husband worked for disneydirect for 8 years and now his store is gone. He was a great CM and never missed a single day of work--but the company didn't care about that. It's only 2 weeks since they sold out and no way does he blame any of his customers for getting great deals for the changes that the WDC made. This is about the almighty dollar and the WDC figured it was better to get rid of many of their retail divisions and they are the ones that do not care about their loyal cast members. My husband was thrilled when folks walked out of the Disney Catalog Outlet with a great bargain. He used to encourage the managers to put more stuff on sale. When people didn't have coupons, he would hand them out. When there were bargains, he would tell people about them. Believe me, if disneydirect wanted to block people from combining discount codes, they would. Their IT team is top notch, so I believe they certainly know what they are doing. Since we do not know exactly how much longer the catalog and disneydirect.com will be around I would certainly encourage everyone to make use of these great avenues of purchasing disney items we all love because they may disappear sooner than we know. I am such a huge shopper on disneydirect.com that I am a Platinum Best Guest which tells you we certainly do our part in keeping the company in business. The sale of the catalog is not tied to people getting a good deal. This is all part of the sale last year of the Disney Stores to the Children's place.

n2mm
09-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the tips.
Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen, we can be twins because I also have one of every color (ok I got 2 navy ones). I combined all of the codes I could, plus hubby's CM discount before it ended, and got my shirts for 72% off....$5.23. Cheaper than a tee-shirt.

mtblujeans
09-06-2005, 03:02 PM
If you play the Spooktacular Game you can win a discount code, too. :sunny:

luv2go2disney
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
If you play the Spooktacular Game you can win a discount code, too. :sunny:

I played this game yesterday and I won. They said they would send me my 25% off code via email and I have yet to receive it. I just sent they an email so hopefully I will get my code! I waited all day to get and finally just ordered.

alacazander
09-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Whewww that was a lot of work but it worked! Got my dh and son Jack Sparrow and Captain Hook costumes! Arrrggg! Can't beat an $80.00 discount!

Thank you OP! That was awesome!

frannn
09-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Whewww that was a lot of work but it worked! Got my dh and son Jack Sparrow and Captain Hook costumes! Arrrggg! Can't beat an $80.00 discount!

Thank you OP! That was awesome!

DH wanted to be Jack Sparrow, but the costume was not on sale, nor did I want to spend over 40 on it.

wendyl
09-07-2005, 07:12 AM
I played this game yesterday and I won. They said they would send me my 25% off code via email and I have yet to receive it. I just sent they an email so hopefully I will get my code! I waited all day to get and finally just ordered.

I won a few days ago and it said it would mail my 25% off code via email and I never got it. I emailed them, and it took several days--but they sent my code to me. NOW....here's the interesting part. They did NOT send a code for 25% off, but they sent a code for $25 giftcard. Which I was thrilled about---I wonder why they changed. If you look at the rules and details, it doesn't even list a 25% off prize (but it was listed there a week ago when I won--math geek--I like to see how many of each prize they award)--I think they offfered that at first and then changed their minds--and decided to do $25 instead since they know some of us could really "do some damage" with 25% off.

Anyway--CONGRATS on your prize--isn't it fun!!!!

alacazander
09-07-2005, 07:19 AM
DH wanted to be Jack Sparrow, but the costume was not on sale, nor did I want to spend over 40 on it.

I just took out my bill and the Jack Sparrow Pirate Costume for dh was not on sale $79.50 but with all the discounts it came out to $35.77! Also the matching sword and eye patch orginally was $12.50 and came out to be $5.62! You could get both for your $40.00 limit!

Just takes forever to stack those codes!

mt2
09-07-2005, 08:07 AM
I can't log in. I've tried twice. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

It keeps telling me to shop anonymously.

mt2

alacazander
09-07-2005, 08:28 AM
I can't log in. I've tried twice. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

It keeps telling me to shop anonymously.

mt2

That kept happening to me too. I had to get my members name and password sent to me again. I also think it might be case sensitive!

frannn
09-07-2005, 08:35 AM
eyepatch and sword for 40.61 before shipping. Is there a free shipping or other code? I've got DMC10, Disneytreat, 25% off costunes (Visa code), and Halloweenfun (I think). Am I missing anything? Anyway to still get free shipping? For almost 50 after shipping and tax, I think I may still pass on this costume.

deadhedjen
09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Is this still working???
I just spent almost an hour shopping for stuff (got over $50 worth in my basket) and every code I put in will not work...not a single one of them.
Jennifer. :flower:

frannn
09-07-2005, 08:46 AM
I may just not order, as I have ordered enough already.

LilMamiBella
09-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I have in my cart right now:

Prince phillip costume
prince phillips sword
belle costume
snow white costume
snow white head band
minnie shimmer pants
finding nemo snowglobe
lizzie mcguire pj's

My subtotal is $176.48
= $132.53

The only codes that would go through for me was visaschool0510, halloweenfun, dmc10, and I think thats it.

The fall fun05 and disneytreat are inactive. I played the disney halloween game this morning and they gave me the code disneytreat but for some reason its not working. Is there any free shipping codes? Do you think this is a good deal? I'm buying the costumes for Xmas gifts. They like to play dress up.

LilMamiBella
09-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Jcpenney has the disney trunk with three costumes for $29.99 reg. price was 49.99 .
Here's the link:http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=446&CatID=24099&CatTyp=BRD&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0a53533&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=1&Dep=TOYS&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=disney+trunk&S4DeptID=446

Would I be better off getting this instead of the regular costumes from Disney?

LilMamiBella
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
i've been fiddling around with my order a bit and my new cart looks like this:

Finding nemo snowglobe
herbie pj pal
minnie pj pal
lizzie mc guire pjs
power ranger pjs
prince phillip sword
prince phillip costume
belle costume
snow white costume
pirate boys costume
pirate accesories
minnie shimmer pants

Total is $246.94
- 74.99 in coupons
= $171.xx

But then when I go to check out it then says shipping,handling, and taxes are $27.87 making the order $199.83. :rolleyes:
Not sure if I should wait and hope for cheaper prices on the costumes. But, if I wait too long it may not be anything left. And there is not a local Disney store in my area.

lbgraves
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Jcpenney has the disney trunk with three costumes for $29.99 reg. price was 49.99 .
Here's the link:http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=446&CatID=24099&CatTyp=BRD&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0a53533&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=1&Dep=TOYS&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=disney+trunk&S4DeptID=446

Would I be better off getting this instead of the regular costumes from Disney?

Those are more along the lines of what you would get at WM or Big Lots IMO. It depends on what you want the costumes for really. They would probably be fine for dress up at home.

OnTheDanforth
09-07-2005, 12:32 PM
thanks for all the help on this!!

Yesterday I bought the KP costume for DD, a Jessica Rabbit costume for me, the free light stick and the Tricks & Treats book for $53!! And that includes the shipping charges!!

I used the visaschool0510, disneytreat, halloweenfun, dmc10 & the $25 instant credit code I got with my new Disney Visa card! What a deal!!

and FYI ... i called the Disney Catalog yesterday. My new catalog, delivered yesterday, says deliver between 8/29 - 9/2, says "Free Shipping on costumes - available online -see site for details" on the front of the catalog. But i couldn't figure it out online. SO i called.

Free shipping ended September 6, 2005.

Figures, doesn't it?

So no free shipping right now online, but if you call and tell them that you have this catalog, they will waive the fee on phone orders.

deadhedjen
09-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I've tried again to get any of these codes to work for me. I'd be happy if just ONE of them would work. Don't even care if I stack them at this point. Has anyone here been able to use them today?
TIA!

HayGan
09-07-2005, 01:42 PM
OMG, I've got to stay away from Disney Direct. I just got the Minnie Mouse costume for myself and the Stitch costume for DS#2 for $58 shipped. But I can return the other Stitch costume I already purchased for him. Which means I will have gotten both costumes for around $25 :cool1:

buzzandwoodysmom07
09-08-2005, 09:03 AM
I think that I waited to long, it's not working now. I had everything in my cart yesterday with 20% (using both halloween fun & disneytreat) with the $10 off and waited until today to complete my sale. It kicked me out and will only allow 1 discount code to be applied no matter what I try! Darn!

deadhedjen
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Well at least it will allow you to do 1 discount. I can't get ANY of them to work for me. Gonna try again later this afternoon. I have my basket full of nice things, but I can't see paying full price when I know there are codes out there. I don't NEED them, but for a discount I'd like the GET them, lol.

Jennifer. :dog2:

PA DISNEYLOVER
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
HHMMM they are on to us. I got a snowglobe and shirt 2 days ago but it wont let me do it today. Oh well.

triplefigs
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Just got confirmation that both of my orders shipped! :cool1:

frannn
09-08-2005, 10:53 AM
as long as I didn't change anything. I got the Minnie costume, Princess shimmer pants and tee for DD2, an Americana t shirt, a navy icon polo, and the free trick or treat wand for about 57.50, including tax and shipping. I realized I should have ordered the Minnie costume in a size L instead, but I am afraid to call and try to change this, as they may change the total on my order. Have you ever changed a size after ordering? Did it mess with your totals?

3DisneyKids
09-08-2005, 12:12 PM
No one mentioned the Bible...you can try and muddy the waters to conceal the truth...but this is theft by manipulation...plain and simple.

But since you are struggling to define my motivation whether it be from a vein of self-righteousness or bible-thumping...it actually stems from two words...ethics and integrity.

Tara

Someone who is truly ethical does not go around telling others that they are unethical.

Also, as I said in an earlier post...they KNOW about the stacking and they APPROVE of the stacking. Why? B/c they know that nuts like us will buy much MORE than we intended thus the company still makes out. Yes, their profit margin is smaller per item, but they are selling MORE items, so it works out in their favor.

Just look at this thread...LOL...lots of people buying much more than they need just because they can get a good deal. It is a win-win situation. We, as the customers feel like we win because we are getting great deals. The company wins because they are selling much more merchandise than they would otherwise.

n2mm
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Another new code: SAVEMORE

just got the email. hope the stacking function comes back, because this code is pretty good. $10 off of $50; $25 off of $100; or $45 off of $150. Only good for 4 days.

WeluvDisney2
09-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Is this working any longer?

LilMamiBella
09-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Another new code: SAVEMORE

just got the email. hope the stacking function comes back, because this code is pretty good. $10 off of $50; $25 off of $100; or $45 off of $150. Only good for 4 days.

Well, the savemore code is pretty good. But, shipping/handling/taxes will be like $28 extra for me. And none of the codes will stack anymore for me.

Trixiezzz
09-08-2005, 03:04 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: .....I think that the Stacking Days are over.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

trampslady
09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
How long is it taking for things to be shipped? I ordered on Sunday night, and it's still showing at the distribution center. They better not change their minds! I ordered the pewter duvet set and the matching sheets!

klj27
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I ordered on Saturday night and I recieved a confirmation today. When I tracked my shipment I saw that it is only about 40 miles from here. I am guessing that I will receive it tomorrow.

cascadecupcake
09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I think that I waited to long, it's not working now. I had everything in my cart yesterday with 20% (using both halloween fun & disneytreat) with the $10 off and waited until today to complete my sale. It kicked me out and will only allow 1 discount code to be applied no matter what I try! Darn!

Yep. They've definitely fixed the glitch!. :sad:

lbgraves
09-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I am greatful for the orders I was able to get with this...but honestly, it is probably good that it wont work for me now. ;) I'm sorry for those who were waiting one more day. With internet deals I have learned that happens sometimes. :( It seems that DD doesn't update the status of your order on their site. It will show at dist center long after you get your order. LOL!

mt2
09-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I could never sign on. I even emailed to make sure my password was correct. Nothing.

I'm glad that everyone else could get their stuff. I guess I really didn't need anymore stuff.

My dad thinks that the only thing I'm missing at my house is a turnstile. I could run my own park according to him. ;)

mt2

ccdude
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey, the stacking won't work anymore, and I heard that they are going to suspend my Best Guest status because I used this glitch to get discounts. Anyone else get suspended?

ccdude
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I just tried to call my order in - it's confirmed, my Best Guest status is suspended! I took advantage of your advice and got suspended - thanks for nothing.

frannn
09-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I just tried to call my order in - it's confirmed, my Best Guest status is suspended! I took advantage of your advice and got suspended - thanks for nothing.

You sure they didn't suspend your rational? :rolleyes2

madge
09-09-2005, 10:29 AM
I took advantage of your advice and got suspended

why are you blaming anyone here? :confused3

lbgraves
09-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Noone ever twists anyone's arm...and interesting that no established members have had that happen with multiple orders. Hmmmm....

n2mm
09-09-2005, 11:29 AM

You didn't get suspended because of stacking. I'm a best guest Platinum member (former CM) and yes I'm a stacker too when it lets me. This last stacking go around I sent in 7 different orders so that I could maximize the 2 $10 discount codes per order. Everything has been processed and the last of my orders should arrive in the next day or two all for the price I was originally quoted.

Disney may say one discount applies, but they stack too! Recently I applied our former CM discount (hubby just left the company last month), then disney applied my free shipping (best guest perk), then they were running a special if you purchase more than $50, they took off $10; plus there was a free gift. So actually there were 4 discounts applied to my order and I never did anything to initiate them. They were all automatically applied to my account by disneydirect.

BTW: ccdude, welcome to the disboards, I noticed that this was only your second post. I do know that you lose your best guest status if you do not maintain the level of purchasing required at your level. Since I'm a platinum member, I must maintain purchases totally $750 a year (not a problem for me).

beattyfamily
09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I smell a troll....

madge
09-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I smell a troll....

I knew I smelled something, I just couldn't figure out what it was.... :rotfl2:

Donna
09-09-2005, 01:24 PM

Nice try. too bad disney doesn't operate that way. I got all my stuff in today, shows all the discounts applied - stepping stones for $14? yay! anyways, you sound more like a disgruntled guest than a best guest. better luck next time :teeth:

freakylick
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Someone who is truly ethical does not go around telling others that they are unethical.

From Websters:
Main Entry: eth·i·cal
Pronunciation: 'e-thi-k&l
Variant(s): also eth·ic /-thik/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English etik, from Latin ethicus, from Greek Ethikos, from Ethos character -- more at SIB
1 : of or relating to ethics
2 : involving or expressing moral approval or disapproval
3 : conforming to accepted professional standards of conduct
4 of a drug : restricted to sale only on a doctor's prescription

Also, as I said in an earlier post...they KNOW about the stacking and they APPROVE of the stacking. Why? B/c they know that nuts like us will buy much MORE than we intended thus the company still makes out. Yes, their profit margin is smaller per item, but they are selling MORE items, so it works out in their favor.

Just look at this thread...LOL...lots of people buying much more than they need just because they can get a good deal. It is a win-win situation. We, as the customers feel like we win because we are getting great deals. The company wins because they are selling much more merchandise than they would otherwise.

They removed the glitch, so there goes that theory.

beattyfamily
09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Honestly, I think the glitches never really go away but new coupons come out so old ones don't work. That's just what I've experienced.

Time will tell though.

Donna
09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I think the glitches never really go away but new coupons come out so old ones don't work. That's just what I've experienced.

Time will tell though.

Thats exactly what happens. Codes are like coupons, only online and they have expiration dates; i think it's in the fine print when you get the email. Yikes, since i just spent so much money, i wonder if i'll even GET those emails anymore; maybe i am suspended! :rolleyes:

madge
09-09-2005, 02:26 PM

Time will tell though.

I don't know....I had a cart full of things yesterday, I had applied some of the coupons (some that are still active, at least I'm pretty sure they are...) to my order and they were still in my cart when I logged in. I logged out, added something and added the savemore code, mainly just to see what would happen. When I did that, and logged back in, the previously applied codes were gone.

does that make sense? I'm sure there's a shorter way to describe that, LOL

ccdude
09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Nice try. too bad disney doesn't operate that way. I got all my stuff in today, shows all the discounts applied - stepping stones for $14? yay! anyways, you sound more like a disgruntled guest than a best guest. better luck next time :teeth:

Since you know everything, here's my letter, explain this:

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services
Disney Direct Marketing, Inc.

beattyfamily
09-09-2005, 03:20 PM

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services

Wow, so you called this morning about your order, you were informed of this status being revoked, and now you are in possession of a letter from them? How did they get this letter to you so fast?

Respectfully, I do not believe this.

frannn
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't know....I had a cart full of things yesterday, I had applied some of the coupons (some that are still active, at least I'm pretty sure they are...) to my order and they were still in my cart when I logged in. I logged out, added something and added the savemore code, mainly just to see what would happen. When I did that, and logged back in, the previously applied codes were gone.

does that make sense? I'm sure there's a shorter way to describe that, LOL

I went into DH's account, since I had been playing around with costumes the night before. I tried adding something and going back into the cart. Poof, all but one of the codes were gone. I went ahead and tried to pay for the order that was in the shopping cart in my account, with all the codes intact. I was able to check out, as long as I didn't change, add, or take anything out. I wanted to order a smaller sized costume, but will deal with being an XL Minnie. I know this is sooooooo wrong, but I feel like the extra discounts I got on these orders makes up for the fact that I will get no AP/AAA discount on my resort room next month (just a little bit). Please don't flame me, I was just so steaming mad at Disney, and now I am only lukewarm.....

ccdude
09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Email is an effective communication tool.

Signing off this Board. Adios.

Donna
09-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Email is an effective communication tool.

Signing off this Board. Adios.

You mean, signing off under THIS name. You obviously dont have enough courage to post under your usual DIS name or you wouldn't have made up a new one. Maybe try darker sunglasses next time! Gotta give you credit though, you write a nice letter!

beattyfamily
09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
You mean, signing off under THIS name. You obviously dont have enough courage to post under your usual DIS name or you wouldn't have made up a new one. Maybe try darker sunglasses next time! Gotta give you credit though, you write a nice letter!

:rotfl2:

mt2
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I still can't even log in. I can log in to register for the sweepstakes but not the shopping.

Go figure?!

madge
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I went into DH's account, since I had been playing around with costumes the night before. I tried adding something and going back into the cart. Poof, all but one of the codes were gone. I went ahead and tried to pay for the order that was in the shopping cart in my account, with all the codes intact. I was able to check out, as long as I didn't change, add, or take anything out. I wanted to order a smaller sized costume, but will deal with being an XL Minnie. I know this is sooooooo wrong, but I feel like the extra discounts I got on these orders makes up for the fact that I will get no AP/AAA discount on my resort room next month (just a little bit). Please don't flame me, I was just so steaming mad at Disney, and now I am only lukewarm.....

oh, man...I missed the "no more stacking" post. I was tempted to go ahead and check out, but instead I went back to try and add one more thing. Oh well. I'm pleased with what I ordered :)

All this hub-bub reminds me of back in the earlier days of internet shopping--there were so many glitches, freebies, etc. It was crazy then...so many deals!

lbgraves
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Gosh, why didn't we fall for that one? It was such an original post.

3DisneyNUTS
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Sincerely,

Guest Services

WOW are you the writer for all of those "Dear Paypal Member" emails I get? :rotfl2:

3DisneyKids
09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
They removed the glitch, so there goes that theory.

You can still stack. Two codes are stacking right now. Like others have said...the coupons come and go and change, etc. Wait a few weeks or months...this thread will be hopping again with all the new stacking codes. Here's hoping....

triplefigs
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Look what came in the mail today!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/dwnewton/DCP_2523.jpg

BeccaGrace
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
triplefigs--The kids look adorable!!!!!

frannn
09-09-2005, 05:42 PM
now that is what you need on your MNSSHP t's!

triplefigs
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
now that is what you need on your MNSSHP t's!

We're going for Christmas, but they'll wear them to all the Princess meals (DD has all the Princess costumes from the last deal). We're doing CRT, PSB, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. They also have Capt Hook, Peter Pan, and Tink for the Family Magic Tour. Thanks Disney Direct!

madge
09-09-2005, 05:52 PM
triplefigs--The kids look adorable!!!!!

OMGoodness! They are DARLING! :sunny:

3DisneyNUTS
09-09-2005, 05:53 PM
3disneykids? Which two are still stacking? I need some more things I should have ordered more last week but oh well :(

LilMamiBella
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Just placed an order. As you can see below, this was no deal for me and I will probably cancel.

Subtotal: $136.89
Discount: $25.00
Total Gift Box: $0.00
Total Shipping & Handling: $15.50
Estimated Sales Tax: $6.74

Grand Total Amount: $134.13

A savings of $2.76! Wow! :rolleyes:

lbgraves
09-09-2005, 07:53 PM
That is why I never place an order without a free ship deal. Their shipping negates any savings that you might find.

lillygator
09-09-2005, 09:19 PM
what two stack? I still need a costume for me!

lbgraves
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Just be patient, V! ;) There will be a better deal soon. Halloween is getting closer. :)

DisneyCM
09-12-2005, 12:33 PM

Sincerely,

Guest Services

I thought CCDude was making this up too until I got my letter today from Disney Direct. Verbatim of what he/she posted. I have been a best guest since the implementation of the program quite a few years ago and I am beyond upset that they would suspend the best guest program to those that used more than one discount. I personally used the best guest 10%, the 10% special offer, and the Halloween $10 off of a $50 order, making the order 20% off and $10 off of that. Disney has determined that was "system manipulation" and has taken away my best guest status (and I'm a platinum best guest.)

I'm curious how many of the rest of you with best guest status also receive this letter. Mine just came in the mail today. (p.s. I did place 2 separate orders, both with 20% off.)
I am beyond sad that Disney would take this away based on something THEIR system allowed to be done. :(

(former) DisneyCM

klj27
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
How do you earn best guest status and what benefits does it offer?

Mac and Us
09-12-2005, 12:57 PM
While I understand that they are upset, I personally feel they should get a programmer to fix the system to disallow stacking! I'm a programmer and a bug like that in our system would get fixed in a hurry.

I kept forgetting to sign up as a best guest. I remembered to finally contact them after the last stacking frenzy. They sent an email back telling me I would be a best guest. Now I'm wondering what they will do with my request.

I really don't care because most of the items I bought during the stacking frenzy have been further reduced on their site.....ie: lunchbox--I paid $8.99 they are now selling them for $5.99. I also bought the princess shimmer atletic outfit with the tee. I paid $19.99 EACH for the jacket and pants and $9.99 for the tee. The jacket is $11.99, the pants $9.99 and the tee is $6.99. Another item that I bought is the Nemo bathing suit for $7.99 and it's now $4.99. So, just those items alone equal $17.00.

EDITED: I spoke too soon. 4 of the 6 costumes I bought have been reduced (except for Belle and Snow White). Aurora & Cinerella are $1.16 less then I paid and Minnie is $2.44 less. Tinkerbell is on sale for slightly more.

To figure out what I really paid for each item, I took the total before the discounts divided by the discounts to get the percentage then figured the cost of each item for that invoice.

Also, I have a Disney Visa and I had things in my cart with the visacostume0525 code plugged in. I added the $16.99 Cinderella costume in the cart and got 25% off the sale price for a total of $12.74!

Geeeesss, I was beginning to feel guilty about the stacking but now I'm not!

I'm sure as halloween draws closer they will be reduced even further and I'll have lost all my discounts.

Duet
09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I thought CCDude was making this up too until I got my letter today from Disney Direct. Verbatim of what he/she posted. I have been a best guest since the implementation of the program quite a few years ago and I am beyond upset that they would suspend the best guest program to those that used more than one discount. I personally used the best guest 10%, the 10% special offer, and the Halloween $10 off of a $50 order, making the order 20% off and $10 off of that. Disney has determined that was "system manipulation" and has taken away my best guest status (and I'm a platinum best guest.)

I'm curious how many of the rest of you with best guest status also receive this letter. Mine just came in the mail today. (p.s. I did place 2 separate orders, both with 20% off.)
I am beyond sad that Disney would take this away based on something THEIR system allowed to be done. :(

(former) DisneyCM

I received this letter today also. I am (was) a Best Guest - lowest level so I really have not received any discounts/privileges. I am ashamed that I placed an order stacking all the codes - I had a bad feeling from the beginning. :guilty:

DizneyDogs
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
While I understand that they are upset, I personally feel they should get a programmer to fix the system to disallow stacking! I'm a programmer and a bug like that in our system would get fixed in a hurry.

I agree it was Disney's programming fault. This has been a problem with their system for several years. Their whole ordering systems needs a major overhaul as even their order lookup isn't up to snuff with other online sites. I didn't even use any of my best guest privelages on my order. I could really care less if they take away my status as the free shipping and 10% is usually offered anyways or they often times have much better offers that anybody can use. What about all the people who aren't best guests are they punishing them too? It's unfair to single out the best guest people.

Another glitch they have had in their system is incorrectly charging sales tax when applying free shipping codes or using the best guest free shipping. I have talked to and emailed Disney Managers several times concerning this issue and they have never corrected it and while they admitted that they charged me the wrong amount for sales tax they just send me a $5 coupon. I am sure the state taxing authorites would be interested in receiving letters concerning this issue.

foofanella
09-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I bought the Belle Deluxe costume and buzz lightyear costume on FRIDAY and now today they are both significantly reduced. In the past, they have always honored price adjustments, but NOT ANYMORE. according to "our records" your order began processing this morning so they can no longer offer a price adjustment. Every department store does this - usually within 2 weeks of purchase. She was adamant, until I asked for a supervisor. Then it magically came off.

Protest your punishment - where did it say it was not allowed? Their programming error, not ours - after all, didn't this thread start with an accident?

jsksjs
09-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I received this letter today also. I was a gold status. I placed 3 or 4 orders. Oh well, it wasnt anything special to me! Funny, i also received a Big Envelope with a congrat letter for Gold Status on the same day it was taken away from me. I feel like writing return to sender on it and sending it back.

3DisneyKids
09-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, guess I understand why they fixed the glitch, but it seems odd to me that they are punishing the best guests for a few reasons:

(1) The CM I spoke with a while ago (not during this stacking frenzy, but one a few months ago) said "Oh, I see you discovered our little secret..." and then went on to tell me that they don't mind...see previous post.

So now they mind...fine...but don't punish people for it.

and (2) Look at the sale prices now. Many of these items are less than or comprable to the prices paid with all of the stacking, so they STILL aren't out any money. Stop the stacking, fine, but why upset your "best" guests?

I'm not a best guest, so I guess this doesn't affect me (though I may find out differently next time I try to place an order).

frannn
09-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I have been a silver guest for quite some time, even though I am sure I have ordered enough to have gold status. They never once offered me anything special. In fact, when I questioned my status to a CM, they said that you have to specifically ask them if there are any best guest specials each time you order, and that its not automatic. Plus, even though they approached me with the best guest membership, I still had to "activate" it online before any of my orders counted towards my status. So, they are slapping us on the wrist for dipping into the cookie jar. I am not for one minute saying that we did not undermine the intended usage of their discount codes, but its almost like they're saying, "nah nah nah, we won't be your friends anymore". Guess what, I believe they manipulated the best guest program to their benefit (not offering the correct status based on purchase level, and not rewarding "best guests" as originally described when they rolled out the program) so who is going to slap them on the wrist?
Sorry for the rant. Flame away.

Miss Kelly
09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Gotta give you credit though, you write a nice letter!

Too bad she didn't write it. Judge not lest you be judged! :rolleyes1

akasleepingbeauty
09-12-2005, 05:54 PM
I received my letter in the mail today and I am so sad. I liked my "Best Guest" status even if it usually only meant free shipping and/or 10% off.

They did not even give a phone number to contact - only an email address. I wrote them but I doubt it will really matter. I think it is very wrong not to at least give people a "warning" that this activity will result in revocation. I know they say the rules are "clearly spelled out" but this was a glitch and hard to define IMO.

I would rather they had canceled my order than do this. I only placed one order and couldn't get all of the codes to work anyway so the discount wasn't that much - certainly not worth it to me. Oh well - lesson learned I guess.

Interestingly enough, right now my discount and status still shows current on Disneydirect - wonder how long until it is gone.....

If anyone is successful in getting their BG status restored, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Donna
09-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Too bad she didn't write it. Judge not lest you be judged! :rolleyes1

Then why didn't she post under her real DIS name? That is what made it seem "not real" to us.
Anyways, no letter here yet. I will be checking the mail today. I don't think i ever got much of anything for best guest status anyways, if it does show up.
Nothing gained, nothing lost, IMHO. I can see why the platinums would be upset though and i would probably write to them about it. Disney's policy has always been if the system allows it, then it's valid. Something still doesn't add up (no pun intended) on this whole thing.

austinsmommy
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I just received my letter today. I am soooo upset!! :sad2: :( :mad:

Donna
09-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Wait, CCDude said they got THEIR letter by email, everyone else is saying regular mail? So which is it? I just happened to notice that everyone that posted about getting the letter so far, this was their first post in this particular thread, that strikes me as odd for some reason. Still nothing here either email or snail mail.
It just seems so weird that disney would want to risk losing guests that spend alot of money via catalog/online. The measly savings is hardly more than what they've spent, obviously, if you're gold/platinum especially. I'd be curious to know, who is in charge of disneydirect?

3DisneyNUTS
09-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Man if this were the case I am so sorry for posting how I figured it out. Another Diser had it on their thread but not as detailed as mine. I thought that they might have left the "glitch" in there to get people to shop more. I never would have ordered originally if it weren't for the glitch. The odd thing is that the shirt I ordered during it is the most comfortable I have ever worn and really well made so I ordered more. SO their glitch made them a resale of $70 today. I use the $10 off coupon but paid for shipping. So their glitch made them $125 I never would have spent. To punish customers for shopping their site is absurd and I hope they see the error in what they are doing. I mean I still paid a decent amount on the stuff I ordered through the glitch. It isn't like it was anywhere near free. The glitch got stuff for about 45% off original price. Definitely not free.

So I am sorry guys that you lost your status.

Donna
09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
You were just trying to save everyone money and I think if any one of us had figured it out, we would have posted about it also. After all, this IS the budget board and i'd say most of our "budget" goes to disney in one way or another! If only THEY would realize that! I still say, if this is all true, they're shooting themselves in the foot, by making an example out of a select few that have already spent a ton of money with them. Like you said, it isn't like you got anything for FREE without paying and you just did spend more money. When i think about the manipulators i had to deal with at the disney store, this just pales in comparison. One lady returned a child's shirt with spaghetti all over it and wanted full price...she said it was never worn! Of course, she had the receipt and expected that price. I told her no, it was obviously worn and not returnable. she asked for a manager and my assistant manager was onstage at the time. Of course, she overruled me and gave her the money back. Thats why i wonder if a supervisor is aware of these letters or emails or whatever, being sent out.

lbgraves
09-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Most of the costumes are currently on sale for the same or less than what we paid with the 45% off now...just confirming the mark up for them.

deadhedjen
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Most of the costumes are currently on sale for the same or less than what we paid with the 45% off now...just confirming the mark up for them.

Lisa, I just have to say I really love the picture you have in your sig line. It reminds me of my little girls every time I see it. The dress your DD is wearing is the dress mine each wore for their kindergarten graduation. I still have it hanging up for my littlest one to wear it for her graduation next year.

I have to LOL though, cuz every time I see that picture...in my head I think that it must be YOU standing next to your DD!

dis ms.
09-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I have to LOL though, cuz every time I see that picture...in my head I think that it must be YOU standing next to your DD!

OMG, that is too funny! I do the same thing every time I see her posts. :rotfl: I have to remind myself that it's Cinderella and not Lisa. So, Lisa, do you look anything like Cinderella? :sunny:

lbgraves
09-13-2005, 09:34 PM
ROFL! Everyone makes that mistake. LOL! I WISH that I was that well put together most days. :) Here is a picture of all of us from our last trip to WDW and one with DD & myself.

http://images.snapfish.com/3449895523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3 DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3A%3A%3A2%3B%3B58ot1lsihttp://images.snapfish.com/3449895523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3 DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3A%3A%3A2%3A%3A%3A%3Aot1lsi

lillygator
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM

I thought I was the only one!! :)

deadhedjen
09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
ROFL! Everyone makes that mistake. LOL! I WISH that I was that well put together most days. :) Here is a picture of all of us from our last trip to WDW and one with DD & myself.

http://images.snapfish.com/3449895523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3 DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3A%3A%3A2%3B%3B58ot1lsihttp://images.snapfish.com/3449895523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3 DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3A%3A%3A2%3A%3A%3A%3Aot1lsi

Hmmmmm, I dunno. I'm not totally convinced that isn't you in that picture. I can see the resemblance. Are you sure you're not moonlighting at Cindy's breakfast???

akasleepingbeauty
09-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes it was my first post on this thread but only because until now I really had nothing to add to this thread. I read it (obviously since that is how I learned about the stacking) but since I didn't have any questions etc. I didn't post.

When I read the first post about the BG privileges being revoked I was very nervous. Then people started questioning it and I thought maybe it was untrue as well.

Then my letter showed up in the mail and I thought I should share that "more established" DIS members were also receiving letters so that others would know it is true.

I am still very sad about this and although I contacted them via the email address in the letter I received, I have had no response yet. I am really hoping they'll reconsider but don't actually expect they will.

I promise you as a long-time member of these boards that I really did receive this letter in the mail yesterday. Other BG members should be aware that they may, and in fact probably will, receive a letter as well if they placed an order in August with stacked codes.

Also, my BG status did finally disappear at Disneydirect today; it was still there yesterday and offering the discount etc. but as of today there is nothing.

Donna
09-14-2005, 04:56 AM
It's not that I didn't believe you rec'd the letter, i believe you did. I just thought it was peculiar that only the ones receiving the letter were first time posters t the thread, up to that point. You can probably do better with the discounts offered from time to time than you could with best guest, unless it was a platinum status. I got the catalog yesterday in the mail, unless you're a nightmare fan, there really isn't that much in there worth buying. I used to be tempted by every single page and now i just look at it and set it down.

Mom2Ashli
09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
If it was not for the stacking I would not have spent the money that I did. I paid over $150 from my original bill of close to $295. I did not get ANYTHING for FREE that is for sure. And I am sure that Disney did not lose any money over this glitch.
Like most have you has already stated half of the stuff that you purchased is already marked down without using any codes.

I am so sorry that you guys are receiving these letters.

Mac and Us
09-14-2005, 09:24 AM
I have to say I was upset when I got my letter yesterday. Basically what they said is OOOoooops we made a mistake, you found it so you get penalized.

It's no different than me walking into Walmart/Kmart, etc, finding an item with a sale sign, after a sale has ended, and me insisting the manager give me the sale price. It's good customer service to honor the sale price. The manager then goes to his employee in charge of that area and tells the employee to make sure the signs are taken down after a sale.

You have a happy customer and the employee is more diligent about his work.

What Disney Direct should have done was fixed the glitch and get on with life. They didn't. Instead they PO'd a lot of loyal customers.

I've gone back through my purchases for 2004 and 2005. I have bought roughly (my final cost) $1500 in the past two years. It probably doesn't sound like much but Disney Direct sells items that are "WANTS" not "NEEDS".

I've paid some obserd shipping charges and in the end my total discounts above and beyond the original/sale prices has averaged 18.2% (not including shipping)

I have to say that I made a rule for myself at the beginning of this year to NOT purchase anything online unless Free Shipping was offered OR I just couldn't live without the item.

So basically, if Disney Direct doesn't rectify this I'm not going to shop with them. My husband made a good point last night. The majority of you (including me) purchase items from Disney Direct for our trips to Disney. Geeessss, they aren't making any money off us!!!

I've started a spreadsheet detailing my purchases for the past 2 years (discounts, shipping, etc) I will be writing a letter to them expressing my dis-satifaction with the way they handled this situation.

lillygator
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
let us know how it turns out!

I too would have not purchased as much stuff if not for the codes and now the costumes are CHEAPER!!! so what did they really lose here?

BluOrchid2
09-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I think some of you owe ccdude an apology. :(

calypso*a*go-go
09-14-2005, 10:24 AM
The items I ordered went on sale for half price the same day mine were delivered. It would have been cheaper to wait a week and order them (even with the stacked codes). This is a case of biting off one's nose to spite their face...angry customers don't place orders--with or without a discount! Good luck to those of you trying to reclaim your Best Guest status. :goodvibes

dis ms.
09-14-2005, 10:28 AM

For which offense: "twisting his arm" to force him to stack the codes, or assuming he was making up the best guest suspension letter? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if ccdude hadn't blamed others (see post below) for what he willingly did on his own, he would have more sympathy.

DizneyDogs
09-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Well I sent my email off to bestguest@disneyonline.com will see what they do.

Mac and Us
09-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I just finished mine and will be sending it shortly. It's rather lengthy as I have pointed out that I 'could' call for a price adjustment because the items are now less than I paid with the, as they call it, 'manipulation' of their system!

I'll let you know what they say, if they say anything.

I think we should all send them an email.

freakylick
09-14-2005, 12:49 PM
OMG...You guys are too funny. I can't believe that you folks are actually upset with Disney. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BluOrchid2
09-14-2005, 01:49 PM
For which offense: "twisting his arm" to force him to stack the codes, or assuming he was making up the best guest suspension letter? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if ccdude hadn't blamed others (see post below) for what he willingly did on his own, he would have more sympathy.

The two are separate issues. An apology is owed him/her for treating him/her like a troll when, it has now been proven, he/she spoke the truth.

He/she *WAS* wrong to blame others for his/her own bad choice in stacking the codes, but that doesn't make it right for y'all to treat him/her badly, either. Two wrongs, and all that.

BluOrchid2
09-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Exactly! You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Everyone here knew that they were skirting the system, had found a loophole, whatever you want to call it. They got caught exploiting a flaw. Simple.

Mac and Us
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
bluorchid2 wrote--Exactly! You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Everyone here knew that they were skirting the system, had found a loophole, whatever you want to call it. They got caught exploiting a flaw. Simple.
end--

I agree with you. I knew when I stacked the codes that there was a possiblity that they would catch it. You would have thought they would have caught it and cancelled the orders.

What makes me upset about this, is that they singled the best guest out (even though I didn't know I was a best guest).

Another thing about this is that they never acknowledged that their system was flawed instead they pointed the finger at us. Where I work when our users tell us of a bug in our system we thank them and fix it.

They should have just fixed the problem....instead of wasting time writing letters to the best guests only.

BluOrchid2
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
What makes me upset about this, is that they singled the best guest out (even though I didn't know I was a best guest).

Another thing about this is that they never acknowledged that their system was flawed instead they pointed the finger at us. Where I work when our users tell us of a bug in our system we thank them and fix it.

They should have just fixed the problem....instead of wasting time writing letters to the best guests only.

I understand your points, they are good ones. All orders with stacked codes should have been cancelled. And since they didn't do that, with no way to "punish" those people that are not Best Guests, they only punished those that they could punish. I agree with you that everyone should have had their orders cancelled, but probably lots of orders were already filled and shipped out before they noticed it.

Donna
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM

I'll be perfectly happy to apologize to "ccdude" when two things happen.
1. When he/she (probably she) comes clean and posts under their real name
2. When I get my letter suspending my best guest status

I have no problem taking my words back in that case.

DizneyDogs
09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
anybody hear anything back yet....usually they respond in 24 hours but maybe they don't have their form letter typed up yet.

SueEllen
09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I'd like to hear if anyone hears back from Best Guest (that sent them an email.)

I phoned them and was told to email, but I have not heard back either.

Sue Ellen

bballdiva
09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I was stackin codes before it was evan posted on this sight. It is nothing new, and you can do it on many websites not just disney. Its all on www.fatwallet.com. I have not yet recieved a letter, I wonder who they decide to send them out to. I havnt ordered alot of stuff so i dont have any type of status with disney.

Mac and Us
09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I sent them a longggggg email on 9/14 and haven't heard back from them.

I had 3 orders during the stacking frenzy. I went back through the slips this morning and compared each item to the prices on the web as of this morning. All of them are on sale now.

I then added up the sale items and deducted the 25% of my Disney Visa discount (on costumes/accessories only) and added $6.95 for shipping on the items that would not have qualified for the free shipping (under $25) and Disney Direct owes me $1.91.

So, what did they accomplish from revoking my best guest status? I will be watching their sale items and if they get lowered again before next Friday I will be calling for a refund (something I've always let go in the past).

I realize I should have 'followed' the rules but they should have fixed their glitch.

familyoffive
09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Sorry to all that the attempt to "skirt" the system has resulted in Disney "striking" back. It is funny how many state that they are Best Guest customers and that Disney should be honoring the orders. It is odd that the website states that one offer is allowed per order! Perhaps the stacking of codes violated what is in writing on the website? I see alot of postings blaming others for what was obviously an abuse of the Disney ordering system. Does anyone remember the Disney Store Thanksgiving code from 2 years ago? Comments on this board included: "I know its wrong but I can't help myself." " I hope they ship my orders before they catch this mistake." "Even though its wrong, they HAVE to honor the orders." "It's like stealing, the code is so good!" "The site keeps closing, I hope I get my orders in before they catch the mistake."

Why does Disney need to reconsider the actions it is taking? Best Guest is something done to thank customers for business, plain and simple. Why be upset when the truth is that the customers who tried this knew it was wrong? I don't blame any company for standing up for its stated policies.

calypso*a*go-go
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I think what they (Disney) should have done, is freeze all the orders made w/stacked codes and contacted the customers stating that due to a error in the system, the items were allowed incorrect discounts and give them the option of either paying the correct price, or canceling the order.

It really does them no good as a company to create so much animosity with some of their best customers. Many of you will argue that they aren't very good customers if they cheat the system, but I bet their other "legitimate" orders add up to a lot more than any discounts they received off this one.

I do not have Best Guest status and will probably never earn it as my orders are small and sporadic as I find most of the items to be way overpriced. However, I would probably never order again if I had been slapped on the wrist this way.

etwinchester
09-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Then why didn't she post under her real DIS name? That is what made it seem "not real" to us.
Anyways, no letter here yet. I will be checking the mail today. I don't think i ever got much of anything for best guest status anyways, if it does show up.
Nothing gained, nothing lost, IMHO. I can see why the platinums would be upset though and i would probably write to them about it. Disney's policy has always been if the system allows it, then it's valid. Something still doesn't add up (no pun intended) on this whole thing.
I'm just curious...how do you know it wasn't his/her real name?

freakylick
09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I think what they (Disney) should have done, is freeze all the orders made w/stacked codes and contacted the customers stating that due to a error in the system, the items were allowed incorrect discounts and give them the option of either paying the correct price, or canceling the order.

So the offender should have no consequence, while the company that didn't do anything unethical should admit to said offenders that their system is flawed and let the offenders go unpunished. That just sounds absurd to me. It would be like a bank telling a bank robber:

"Hey Mr Bank Robber, I am sorry that you were able to rob our bank. Our security system failed. So just give us the money back and we'll call it even."

It really does them no good as a company to create so much animosity with some of their best customers. Many of you will argue that they aren't very good customers if they cheat the system, but I bet their other "legitimate" orders add up to a lot more than any discounts they received off this one.

The "legitimate" orders have nothing to do with whether the offenders are "good" customers.

However, I would probably never order again if I had been slapped on the wrist this way.

It's quite simple really...Obey the limits and you don't get slapped on the wrist.

I then added up the sale items and deducted the 25% of my Disney Visa discount (on costumes/accessories only) and added $6.95 for shipping on the items that would not have qualified for the free shipping (under $25) and Disney Direct owes me $1.91.

So, what did they accomplish from revoking my best guest status? I will be watching their sale items and if they get lowered again before next Friday I will be calling for a refund (something I've always let go in the past).

You KNOWINGLY cheated their system...They don't owe you a thing. If anything, I would say that you owe them the money that you cheated them out of. Current prices are irrelevant, that doesn't change what you did.

I realize I should have 'followed' the rules but they should have fixed their glitch.

You have two statements in the same sentence which I don't see a correlation between. Are you implying that because they had the glitch, that you are relieved of fault?!

etwinchester
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Last week I ordered the rolling mickey cooler. I only used one code as I didn't have enough (price wise) to even attempt to stack.

For anyone who is interested, the cooler is so cute. Can't wait to use it at the beach next week.

DizneyDogs
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Sorry to all that the attempt to "skirt" the system has resulted in Disney "striking" back. It is funny how many state that they are Best Guest customers and that Disney should be honoring the orders. It is odd that the website states that one offer is allowed per order! Perhaps the stacking of codes violated what is in writing on the website? I see alot of postings blaming others for what was obviously an abuse of the Disney ordering system. Does anyone remember the Disney Store Thanksgiving code from 2 years ago? Comments on this board included: "I know its wrong but I can't help myself." " I hope they ship my orders before they catch this mistake." "Even though its wrong, they HAVE to honor the orders." "It's like stealing, the code is so good!" "The site keeps closing, I hope I get my orders in before they catch the mistake."

Why does Disney need to reconsider the actions it is taking? Best Guest is something done to thank customers for business, plain and simple. Why be upset when the truth is that the customers who tried this knew it was wrong? I don't blame any company for standing up for its stated policies.

Yes I remember the $15 free coupon fiasco from a couple of years ago. However Disney handled that situation by canceling all orders. While I understand their reasoning for revoking my best guest status the problem I have is that many others who are not best guests are not being punished for it as well. Disney has decided to single out their best customers and punish them instead of just canceling all orders and treating everyone equally.

Miss Kelly
09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
In my opinion, Disney Direct came out very well in this deal. Not only did they increase revenues and get rid of extra merchandise, but they attracted thousands of customers who otherwise would not have shopped there.

I think the only ones complaining around here are those who 'didn't get in on the deal' or those who lost their Best Guest status. I'm not a member of the Best Guest program but if I were, I would be miffed (like most of you obviously are). IMO, this was Disney's mistake, not ours.

freakylick
09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes I remember the $15 free coupon fiasco from a couple of years ago. However Disney handled that situation by canceling all orders. While I understand their reasoning for revoking my best guest status the problem I have is that many others who are not best guests are not being punished for it as well. Disney has decided to single out their best customers and punish them instead of just canceling all orders and treating everyone equally.

I can understand that, but without knowing how that last fiasco turned out for them, it's hard to say why they are handling this one different. Maybe stopping orders and reversing credit card charges just cost more than it was worth in their minds. Maybe in this case, too many orders had already been shipped by the time they realized what was happening. I am sure they have reasons for handling this different.

lillygator
09-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I know this is a public board but there seem to be too many people who stick their noses where they don't belong.

Mac and Us
09-16-2005, 01:01 PM

THANK YOU DizneyDogs--that's the point I was trying to make.

"You KNOWINGLY cheated their system...They don't owe you a thing. If anything, I would say that you owe them the money that you cheated them out of. Current prices are irrelevant, that doesn't change what you did.".

Yes the current prices are relevant. The orders are within the 30 days window. They make adjustments to items that have since gone on sale. Besides, you can think of it on the flip side......I actually saved them money because now they don't have to adjust my invoice thus saving their CM's time!

It's not like I'm going to call them to haggle over it. The point I was trying to make is it was 2.5 weeks ago and the items are now at the prices I paid. So, what did they accomplish except to anger 'some' of their customers?

"You have two statements in the same sentence which I don't see a correlation between. Are you implying that because they had the glitch, that you are relieved of fault?!.

No, I am admitting that I was wrong. However, they knew their system is flawed and has been for some time and did nothing to fix it. Instead they singled out 'some' of us and slapped us on the hand.

I'm not in any way saying I was not at fault.

calypso*a*go-go
09-16-2005, 01:05 PM
So the offender should have no consequence, while the company that didn't do anything unethical should admit to said offenders that their system is flawed and let the offenders go unpunished. That just sounds absurd to me. It would be like a bank telling a bank robber:

"Hey Mr Bank Robber, I am sorry that you were able to rob our bank. Our security system failed. So just give us the money back and we'll call it even."

Do you really think this is an accurate comparison? Someone robbing a bank vs. someone getting an extra 10% off an order of overpriced merchandise. I think you're being more than just a little dramatic.

The "legitimate" orders have nothing to do with whether the offenders are "good" customers.
Yes, they do. They may have someone that has ordered twenty times without stacking any codes. So now they are bad, bad people because they placed one order w/stacked codes -- I think not!

It's quite simple really...Obey the limits and you don't get slapped on the wrist.
Well, I think a slap on the wrist by canceling an order w/stacked codes would have been much better, than the slap in the face of having your Best Guest status suspended after you had already invested major bucks through previous orders.

freakylick
09-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes the current prices are relevant. The orders are within the 30 days window. They make adjustments to items that have since gone on sale.

Once one side of a promise is broken, all promises become null and void. Simple contract law

Besides, you can think of it on the flip side......I actually saved them money because now they don't have to adjust my invoice thus saving their CM's time!

I am sure that they appreciate your "favor" :rolleyes:

The point I was trying to make is it was 2.5 weeks ago and the items are now at the prices I paid. So, what did they accomplish except to anger 'some' of their customers?

Maybe what they were trying to accomplish was to tell offenders that their actions will not be tolerated.

However, they knew their system is flawed and has been for some time and did nothing to fix it.

I still don't see what that has to do with their handling of what you did.

Instead they singled out 'some' of us and slapped us on the hand.

So your complaint is that the cheaters didn't get treated fairly?!

Do you really think this is an accurate comparison?...I think you're being more than just a little dramatic.
Yes. Someone committed an offense and expected to just go back to be beginning as if nothing happened. Dramatic, yes...sometimes people need a two-by-four, not just a slap.

overpriced merchandise.
The price of the merchandise is irrelevant to your actions. Just because it is overpriced, that gives you no right to change the price w/o the sellers permission.

Yes, they do. They may have someone that has ordered twenty times without stacking any codes. So now they are bad, bad people because they placed one order w/stacked codes -- I think not! My apologies on that one, I misunderstood your original remark. Now that I understand your original remark, I will say that it may not make you bad, bad people, but it certainly doesn't make you a best guest either.

Well, I think a slap on the wrist by canceling an order w/stacked codes would have been much better, than the slap in the face of having your Best Guest status suspended after you had already invested major bucks through previous orders.!

Better for whom?! You think going back to the beginning and acting like nothing ever happened is any type of punishment?

Regardless, I think most of you have already answered your own question....Why would they just cancel orders when you could then turn around and re-order at (more than likely) an even lower price?! That is not a slap at all...That's doing you, the offender, a favor.

BethR
09-16-2005, 02:51 PM
You know, I have been watching this thread evolve and although I don't think that things have gotten VERY nasty, there is a lot of little nit picky, snippy posts being made.

Since the stacking is over and people at this point are just bickering, I think that it is better that the thread be closed.

Thank you.