PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Celebration Toys at McDonalds

ceecee
09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
McDonalds started the Happiest Celebration toys today. Each one comes with a 3D attraction card. They are so cute, there are 10 total. I'm Lovin' it! :goodvibes

ntburns22
09-03-2005, 07:34 AM
They are really cute. My kids got Mickey Mouse ones yesterday. I like these better then the Disney ones in the past. These ones can be removed from the pedistal sp? to be played with.

gr8ful4Him
09-03-2005, 07:42 AM
drats! We went to mcD's on Thursday and they had the repeats left of the Barbie Pegasus. I guess I might just have to go back today so we don't miss any of the Disney ones! I may even have to buy a set separately from the meals and not let my 3yo dd know!
Thanks for the heads up :)

MommyTo5
09-03-2005, 09:32 AM
McDonalds started the Happiest Celebration toys today. Each one comes with a 3D attraction card. They are so cute, there are 10 total. I'm Lovin' it! :goodvibes

My 5-year-old got Mickey yesterday! SUPER cute!!! Definitely worth the cost of the Happy Meal! You can go to McDonalds.com and see them all! :)

~ Angie
MommyTo5

HayGan
09-03-2005, 09:45 AM
And the really great thing is that you could win one of 100 trips to WDW :cool1:

pyrxtc
09-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I got Mickey yesterday they did have Minnie but were sold out already. The toys were cute and we have to open all of them to find out if we won. Looks like a lot of us will have duplicates to trade!

"McDonald'sŪ Happy MealŪ Featuring
Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth

September 2 - September 29, 2005 (while supplies last)

For the first time ever, all Disney Theme Parks around the world are joining together to celebrate 50 years of magic at Disney Parks and Resorts and the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with the biggest celebration in Disney history!

McDonald'sŪ is joining the party by providing 10 collectible figurines, featuring the top Disney characters and unique 3D attraction cards. 100 lucky customers will unveil a 3D "winning card" that will make them potential winners to a trip for four to the Happiest Celebration on Earth at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort!

Toys offered in sequence while supplies last at participating McDonald's restaurants."

pyrxtc
09-03-2005, 10:09 AM
http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/ronald/happy.html

alacazander
09-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Those are adorable! Can you go in to a mc donalds and buy the entire set or do you have to eat a happy meal a week?

ceecee
09-03-2005, 10:40 AM
At ours you can buy the toy for $1.69 or the Happy Meal for $1.99!! They never have all at once. At least ours don't.

tikkipoo
09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Got Tink yesterday. Made me so happy! I put it on my desk to remind me I have just a little over a month to go! She has a picture of Wishes!

RichNKatHolly
09-03-2005, 11:04 AM
At ours you can buy the toy for $1.69 or the Happy Meal for $1.99!! They never have all at once. At least ours don't.

Where do you live? Our happy meals are near $4. That is why we won't get ANY of those toys. Well, maybe I'll cave and take the kids once next week :sunny:

tcmata
09-03-2005, 11:09 AM
We were able to buy the Mickey and Minnie toys without the Happy Meal for $1.09 each- but that's in TX so I'm sure everyone will see different prices. At least at our McDonald's, you can only buy the ones that are featured- so we couldn't buy the whole set.

ceecee
09-03-2005, 11:27 AM
WOW...$4.00 for a Happy Meal? We live in OH some places it's more, but here the Hamburger meal is $1.99, cheeseburger $2.39 and nuggets $2.49. I wish they would go in order so we wouldn't miss one.

pyrxtc
09-03-2005, 11:49 AM
They had #1 and #2 yesterday. Prices for happy Meals vary big time up here! The closest one to me is right off a major highways and it costs more than the way that's an extra 10 minutes the opposite way. I save in gas what i spend on food.

pamouselover
09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
must get them....... :teeth:

Delilah Bleu
09-03-2005, 01:49 PM
I just saw the commercial and plan to let my DD eat at McDonald's as a treat so maybe we will get Mickey :flower:

BeccaGrace
09-03-2005, 02:45 PM
We got Goofy today...our happy meals range from $3.49-$3.79...
The girls were more excited by the 3-D cards--we got the Haunted Mansion and Goofy's Barnstormer.
I told the girls that some card packets might have a prize for a free trip to Disney world and they just saw Willy Wonka for the first time (the Gene Wilder one) so they kept asking if their card had the golden ticket in it!

rnrlover
09-03-2005, 03:14 PM
This is RNRlovers MOM.... also known at PJLLA... didn't know I was posting as her until too late... anyhow.....We stopped at McD for lunch after a morning trip to Home Depot. I even made my DH get a Happy Meal! So we have four Mickey's now.... enough to keep and trade!! I would love to have M & M, Tink, Chip and Dale, and will NEED Buzz for DS. I'm sure that there will be Disboard trading soon! ................P

Weluvdisny
09-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I just got back from McD and puchased Mickey:earsboy: and Minney :earsgirl: ! They are soo cute! I want to save one of each for a souvenir but the thought of a free vacation is such a teaser that I just have to open the packages.

I even saved the happy meal box for ......something!! :goodvibes

Good luck all and let us know if you win!

skiwee1
09-03-2005, 04:37 PM
We got Mickey and Minnie yesterday.

lbgraves
09-03-2005, 05:58 PM
LOL! I refuse to run all over to get the complete set anymore. I get one on Ebay. :) I did this with Nemo, the Madame Alexandar dolls last year, & Monsters Inc. It ends up being alot cheaper to buy the set than for us to get all of those happy meals & burn all the gas finding them.

donnajon
09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Our hamburger Happy Meals are $1.99 and the cheesesburger ones are $2.59. I asked the teenager at the drive-thru once if a hamburger costs only $.10 less than a cheeseburger, why was the hamburger Happy Meal $.60 less than the cheeseburger Happy Meal. He said, "I don't know ma'am. I'm making a D in math!"

stacy347
09-04-2005, 12:34 AM
We are not usually big fast-food eaters but we went yesterday and all 4 DDs got Mickey (so cute) ~ going to McD's in a different city tomorrow for lunch...hope they have different characters :flower:

kjh
09-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Our hamburger Happy Meals are $1.99 and the cheesesburger ones are $2.59. I asked the teenager at the drive-thru once if a hamburger costs only $.10 less than a cheeseburger, why was the hamburger Happy Meal $.60 less than the cheeseburger Happy Meal. He said, "I don't know ma'am. I'm making a D in math!"

That's hilarious! Ours are $2.50 for hamburger and $2.80 for cheeseburger $3.40 for 4 nuggets. I was surprised to see the 30 cents charge for cheese. Kraft singles don't even cost that much (and I doubt McDs uses Kraft singles). Oh well...
I have 9 mickeys (my poor husband will be eating happy meals for dinner from now on :p ). I am so mad at myself. We do the drive thru and I didn't know that Minnie would be out too. Now I definitely have to go back for Minnie. Where's the trade boards? I opened all of mines though to see if I won (I didn't :confused3 ) think people will still trade if they are opened (I only made a little slit big enough to slide the card out)?

cjb71870
09-04-2005, 03:11 AM
I haven't seen the entire commercial. Obviously, there is a card in the toy bag that tells you if you won or not? Am I right?

Disneyland_emily
09-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I got Mickey and Minnie today :)

Only 8 more :P

-em

scrapperjill
09-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Today was the first time we've been to McD's in a LONG time ...but we stopped by today...and our dd's got Minnie...

I wonder if they have some sort of order their going through? Like...Mickey, Minnie, goofy..and so on. From the sounds of it there has been quite a range avaliable. I wonder if we went tomarrow if they'd have something diffrent?

Oh..and our happy meals are around $3.50-4.00. :confused3

disneysnowflake
09-04-2005, 06:04 AM
I bought a set on eBay yesterday for $14 including shipping.
I thought that was cheaper than buying all those Happy Meals, using all that gas and hoping I'd get all the toys.
Our McD had the Neopets, but only gave out the first 4. I don't know why.

lbgraves
09-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Our McDs will let you trade in any unopened toy for the current one.

kjh
09-04-2005, 03:21 PM
I haven't seen the entire commercial. Obviously, there is a card in the toy bag that tells you if you won or not? Am I right?
yes, there is a card that will either be one of 10 hologram-ish cards (I only got castles so far, 3 different ones) or it seems like if it is a winner it will say you won or something. I didn't win so I don't exactly know what it is like, but if I do, I be sure to post what a winner looks like :earboy2:

beattyfamily
09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know how many cards there are? We've got 3 Mickey statues and 1 Minnie statue so far but we have 3 different cards...2 Mickey statues had different cards...we have #1, 2, and 9 in the cards. Having two different cards come with Mickey makes me think maybe there's more then 10 cards??

Just curious.

Weluvdisny
09-04-2005, 04:42 PM
I know my local McD said they are going to sell them in order. When I was there, they were handing out Mickey (he is #1) then I asked when they will do the next one and he said they last about 2-3 days and they were opening up a box of Minnie (she is #2) so he gave me one! :cool1:

It reminds me of those crazy beanie babies days!! :rotfl2:

MommyTo5
09-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Yes ----- we were able to get #2 Minnie today!!!!! She's so cute! ::MinnieMo I'm planning on checking every couple days to make sure we don't miss any.

~ Angie
MommyTo5

momo3hods
09-04-2005, 05:58 PM
My DD and I just made our cards from Mickey and Minnie into magnets. They are a great addition to our fridge. We are definately going to collect them all!!!!

tinkerbell81284
09-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Looks like I'll be eating a Happy Meal soon! I'm hoping I can get the Tinker Bell and Stitch one by the end of the month. :)

Jessica

lbgraves
09-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Tink was at our McD's today. I don't remember which number she was.

ADisneygirl
09-04-2005, 08:21 PM
These are too cute! I got Minnie Mouse today and she came with a holographic Beauty and the Beast card! Only my favorite Disney movie!

Must get more...... especially Chip and Dale! ::MinnieMo

stacy347
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
We got Minnie today, too ::MinnieMo DD6 saw Stitch in the display case and she was soooo disappointed that she couldn't get him today (I guess the gazillion Stitch toys in her room aren't enough, LOL) :rolleyes:

cgcruz
09-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy the toy alone at McDonald's? How much, BTW?

Brendita
09-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't have this current set.
I used to collect Disney McDonald's toys.
I have over 100 different sets.
Some still in packages.
Many from different countries.
Would make nice Christmas gifts.
Let me know if interested.
We can work out a trade.
PM me.
I need my closet space back.

skiwee1
09-04-2005, 09:46 PM
We stopped at the McDs today and just bought the toy. It was $1.05. Now I've got Mickey, Minnie, and Tink!

ceecee
09-04-2005, 10:05 PM
One McD's around here sell the toys alone for $1.69 the other is $1.79 (The meals are only $1.99) Wish we could just buy them for $1.00, DD no longer likes kid's meals.

Delilah Bleu
09-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I got Mickey today!!! I had no idea that McDonald's would sell the toy only. Could have saved me from eating the happy meal. Does anyone know how many there are?

ceecee
09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
There are 10 toys.

lbgraves
09-05-2005, 08:45 AM
The card we have is number 23...firework show. I would guess that there are 50 cards for the 50th anniversary. :)

mantysk8coach
09-05-2005, 09:28 AM
My DD and I just made our cards from Mickey and Minnie into magnets. They are a great addition to our fridge. We are definately going to collect them all!!!!

That's a really good idea! Otherwise, what else would one do with them?

Does anyone know if all of the happy meal boxes are the same? I was excited to see the return of boxes vs. the bags. The one I have has Mickey and Minnie on the front. I'm assuming they are all the same.

tink2020
09-05-2005, 11:53 AM
We got three already! For once, I got three different ones in 2 days! Our area usually STRICTLY observes the "one toy, a new one every 2-3 days" trend.....

But we found one today, asked out of curiosity (thinking it would still be Mickey, as the one my sister got yesterady was), and they said "Mickey, Minnie and Goofy"!

Woohoo! My husband was cracking up at my excitement as I opened the boxes..... :goodvibes

Beanie
09-05-2005, 06:07 PM
My two kids both got Minnie Mouse yesterday with the #7 Beauty and the Beast card. :)

cgcruz
09-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I got all 10 already! I fealt like a kid asking if she had any others available. She said not in the front, but she will check the storage area. She came back with all 10 characters!

The magnet idea sounds cool. Will definately do that!

gr8ful4Him
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
I got Mickey today at lunch and then my dd got goofy at the same McD's at dinner. I got Minnie yesterday also. I found out at lunch today that our McD's sells them separately from the meal, but they are $1.69 each :earseek:! The cool thing is that all of the cards we have gotten so far, are from things that we actually experienced this past July while we were there. We've been able to relive the memories with my 3yo dd. :goodvibes

PaulaSue
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Deb, Which store sold them indiv? I have to run out to Borders tomm and I just may run by McDonalds on the way home. ;) I got Mickey and Minnie at the Galleria food court on Sat. I want Tinkerbelle. I am going to make them into Christmas ornaments like the other Happy meal sized toys for the girls' tree.

gr8ful4Him
09-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Deb, Which store sold them indiv? I have to run out to Borders tomm and I just may run by McDonalds on the way home. ;)
PaulaSue, I bought it at the Manchester McD's. I think most of the stores will sell them individually if you ask though. I hope I can actually get all of them, but we'll see! lol

PaulaSue
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank you!!!! I pass a few others but I can run up there if needed on the way home, it is not far at all. My Mom works near there too so I can let her know when she is out. Thank again! :cool1:

Mom-to-2-Princesses
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
We got two Tinkerbelle's yesterday in Indiana. The cards were 22 and 23. Very cool!

DizneyDogs
09-06-2005, 07:56 PM
After not eating at Mcd's for over 2 years I broke down today and got 2 cheeseburger happy meals and got 2 Minnie's. The best part was that the Mcd's around here offer happy meals for 1/2 off on Tues nights so my total was only $2.90 for 2 meals/toys. I will probably just buy a set on ebay for the rest or see if my contact of who I used to buy Mcd toys when the beanie craze and 101 dalmatian promos were going on is still in business but had to see for myself what they looked like and they are really cute.

ShellyL
09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
We went to McD's today and asked if we could get different ones and ended up woth 4 happy meals and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Tink. I am putting them up to tie to the outside of our goody Bags we will give our children on the plane.
Michele

MinnieM3
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Has the trading begun? I have an extra Mickey! ::MickeyMo

Chim Chiminy
09-06-2005, 10:20 PM
One of my Brownie Girl Scouts, who is also a neighbor, gave me two of the Mickey's at our bus stop. She was so excited to give them to me because "Miss Liz loves Mickey Mouse, I just know it!"

I thought it was so sweet and it really made my day.

I may have to cave in and let my own kids get happy meals......

jeankeri
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
When McDonalds had the CAT and DOG stuffed animals last April we learned about the Customer Satisfaction box. My DS had gotten his tonsils out earlier in the week and wanted to go to McDonalds hoping to collect the CAT set. When we got our meals we both got the same cat. He went up to the register and asked if he could trade. The girl at the counter said that was all they had. Of course, the tonsils and dissapointment led to some quiet tears at the counter. He didn't have the spirit to walk back to the table. The supervisor saw him standing there and asked the girl what had happened. When the supervisor found out she said, "Stay right here" and went out back. She brought out the Customer Satisfaction box. It has basically 4 complete sets of whatever the latest giveaway is. So, my Ds knows he only has to ask the lady in the green shirt and the box will come out. He always gives her a big smile and thank you.

kjh
09-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Has the trading begun? I have an extra Mickey! ::MickeyMo
I have sent my DH on a wild goose chase for Mickey, not for Mickey himself (sorry :confused3 ) but for cards #1 & #3. I have extra Mickeys and Minnies but each bag has a slit in it where I removed the cards. I agree with the other poster, I think there are 50 cards. I got cards 2, 4-10 (I also have extra cards I am willing to trade) with only mickey & minnie. DH is on his way home with goofy & pluto.....I can't wait! :teeth:

tigger334
09-07-2005, 03:57 PM
My DH is a manager at McDonalds. I guess I didn't realize what a big thing these toys would be. I have all of them on my kitchen table unopened. Since my MIL is giving the whole family a trip to DisneyWorld for Christmas and no one else knows but me and her I thought I would wrap them up as presents. I will have to at least open them to see if I won a trip!

hsmamato2
09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Well, all I really wanted was Tink, got her yesterday!!! :cool1: I bought an extra for my Mom, but then they ran our of her :confused3 ... If they hadn't, I might've bought 10 more, ;) I love my cards, my boys got Goofys, and we got a raceway card, also a wishes card, and my favorite, Fantasmic!!! :banana: with the dragon and Mickey!!!!! :wizard:

Ok, that's enough toys for now... :bounce:

granmanh603
09-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I bought a set on eBay yesterday for $14 including shipping.
I thought that was cheaper than buying all those Happy Meals, using all that gas and hoping I'd get all the toys.
Our McD had the Neopets, but only gave out the first 4. I don't know why.

Ok am I dense. I can't seem to find any on Ebay. What do you search under. Thank you. Carol :earsgirl:

beattyfamily
09-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok am I dense. I can't seem to find any on Ebay. What do you search under. Thank you. Carol :earsgirl:

When you do a search just put in "Disney McDonald's Toy" or you can even add 2005 to narrow it down. Or you can also add "Celebration"

ceecee
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I put Mcdonalds disney celebration..........there are a lot listed. I got mine for $15.00 shipped, too much of a hastle when gas is $2.94 a gallon to drive around looking for them. There are lots on Ebay.

beattyfamily
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I have considered getting them on ebay, but it is fun seeing what you get at McDonald's! Also, I'd like to get as many cards as possible. I highly doubt, though, that I'll get all 50!!

If someone sold the 50 cards on ebay, they'd make a mint!

melissa5583
09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I missed Mickey!!!! :(
All of the McDonald's here are on Minnie now!!! No more Mickeys!!! If anyone has an extra one, just PM me...and I'll pay you for one!!!! I would love to collect the whole set. :flower:

Sunkissed
09-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Yep, call me lazy, but I just bought mine on eBay. My very first eBay purchase actually. $15.90 (including shipping) as a "Buy It Now" option. I searched under "Disney" and "Happy Meal"; this resulted in the most returns, but not all were relevant. ENJOY!