PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Marketplace HELP!!!

NadiasMommy
09-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone. I just listed a BUNCH of books on Marketplace..and I sold one just a few hours later!!! ( :cool1: ) But I am nervous now that I am going to be out of money instead of rolling in it. lol
How long does it take for Amazon to deposit the money the seller pays into your checking account? And I noticed that now Amazon says that "if there are any balances on my account they will go ahead and take that from my credit card" WHAT?! Am I missing something. And I feel strange sending out my first package when I don't even have the money in my checking yet. Anyone else encounter this? Or am I crazy?
Thanks. :earsgirl:

Free4Life11
09-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Amazon deposits the money directly into your account every 2 weeks. Amazon collects the money from the buyer. Amazon has your money but they pay out every 2 weeks, just like a paycheck kind of.

Crazy Hakim
09-02-2005, 07:29 AM
You can trust Amazon, I have been selling books & CD's for about 2 years, they are on top of payments, every two weeks like clockwork.
I would suggest that you put a Delivery Confirmation on each package just for piece of mind.

chesirechik
09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Do they deposit the $$ into your checking account, or $$ as a credit on your credit card?

I've been thinking of selling some stuff on there - it looks easier and like less of a hassle than Ebay.

SusanD
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Both my husband and I sell on amazon.com and have been pleased with the process. Yes...I agree...it is a little strange spending your money to send it without payment first. However, the plus side is you don't have to deal with buyers who don't pay.

mom2alix
09-02-2005, 10:27 AM
You can also reauest that they deposit immediately (sort of). If you go into your seller account and look at your balance, there's a button there to go ahead and request the deposit. It takes about 4 days, but you don't have to wait for their 2 week schedule.

cybrarian
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
I have been selling in the Marketplace for a year and have always received my money. Remember, you have agreed to ship within two business days so you cannot wait until the money appears in your checking account.

Someone could file an A-Z claim against you claiming to have never received the item. I think that is what they are talking about when they mention your credit card. Use delivery confirmation to protect yourself.

KaitlinsMom
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
How much extra is delivery confirmation? I have looked at the marketplace, but I really need to do something like that or ebay -

Karen

NadiasMommy
09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
So is that 2 buisness days or 2 anydays? Like someone bought from me on the 2nd. Does that count today? And what about Tommarrow (Saturday)
And what is Media Mail?

atlnewf
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
So is that 2 buisness days or 2 anydays? Like someone bought from me on the 2nd. Does that count today? And what about Tommarrow (Saturday)
And what is Media Mail?

Usually it's 2 business days. Media Mail is specifically for books/videos and the like. It's cheaper than first class, but not as bad as ground.

Ashley

NadiasMommy
09-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Usually it's 2 business days. Media Mail is specifically for books/videos and the like. It's cheaper than first class, but not as bad as ground.

Ashley

Thanks for the help everyone!

Nicole :flower:

jwfla422
09-02-2005, 10:31 PM
A delivery confirmation for media mail is 55 cents if you go throught the post office.

You can save some change on that if you download "Shipping Assistant" from the USPS website. When you make out your label in Shipping Assistant you check the delivery confirmation option as well as the media mail option.

You can print your label and take it to the post office and pay for the postage there. You will then only be charged 13 cents for delivery confirmation if you supply the electronic label that is printed from Shipping Assistant.

If you can weigh your book to get the exact shipping amount you can just add the 13 cents on to the shipping amount and put stamps on the parcel and ship it from home.

Keep in mind some post offices can be picky by not allowing packages more than 1 lb to ship unless it has a metered stamp on it. It's a security issue however I have been able to get some through that weighed more than that. Just depends on your carrier/local post office.

If you ship Priority Mail at the post office delivery confirmation runs 45 cents or you can ship online at the USPS website and actually pay online at their website (you need a credit card to do this). Then there is NO charge for a delivery confirmation. Many books fit in a FLAT RATE Priority Mail envelope.