PDA

View Full Version : Strange check-in question

Lizzydoll73
08-29-2005, 12:10 PM
OK, I know this is a strange question but I would like to find out the answer anyway. I have a two room reservation at POR with AAA. My parents are staying in one room and me, Dh and 2 kids are in the other. DH and I are arriving before my parents but on the same day. Are you still with me? I want to know if DH and I can check in(we are the AAA members) before my parents get there or do we need to wait. If we can check in can we get my parents checked in too or do they need to be there? I am asking because if we can't check in we will plan on arriving later. Thanks if anyone can answer this for me.

webray
08-29-2005, 12:13 PM
You can definately get yourselves checked in. As far as your parents..if they do let you check them in..they you would either put your credit card on for their room, or give them no charging on their room keys until later when they arrive.

DisneyMom5
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
If the room is in their names, they will have to present photo id to get their keys. They were going to make me get my dh (and all the kids) from the van because one of our connecting rooms was in his name. They wanted to see his id. The check in cast member saw that the reservationist had made a note about travelling with small children, so she waived the requirement.
So the answer is yes, you can check in first and no, you probably can't check them in, unless the rooms are in your and dh's names.

Lizzydoll73
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
If the room is in their names, they will have to present photo id to get their keys. They were going to make me get my dh (and all the kids) from the van because one of our connecting rooms was in his name. They wanted to see his id. The check in cast member saw that the reservationist had made a note about travelling with small children, so she waived the requirement.
So the answer is yes, you can check in first and no, you probably can't check them in, unless the rooms are in your and dh's names.

The reservation is under my DH's name for 2 rooms. My parent's are listed as guests on the reservation. Glad to know that we can check in before they arrive. I'll just ask about checking them in when we get there because either way is fine. I just wanted to make sure we could check in and head to the parks while we wait for their arrival.

disnut8
08-29-2005, 01:24 PM
If the reservation is in your husband's name for two rooms, you will be perfectly fine. We did this twice. First time at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the in-laws arriving later that day. Everything was in my name and I easily got all the room keys when we were there before noon. One cabin was ready, one was not. We were given the OK for the ready cabin.

Second time was two rooms at All Star Music. We checked in a week before the in-laws. On their arrival day, I was able to go to the front desk and get them checked in that morning and they didn't arrive until evening. It was nice as we had connecting rooms so we had access to their room as well.

As another poster mentioned, you have to think about the charging option. With the in-laws, I had their room set up for "pay as you go" and the Cast Member at each time said that the in-laws could go back to the front desk at any time and have their credit card applied for charging. I honestly don't think my in-laws have ever seen a Disney World front desk - that's three onsite visits for them. I've handled everything for them.

Lizzydoll73
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
If the reservation is in your husband's name for two rooms, you will be perfectly fine. We did this twice. First time at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the in-laws arriving later that day. Everything was in my name and I easily got all the room keys when we were there before noon. One cabin was ready, one was not. We were given the OK for the ready cabin.

Second time was two rooms at All Star Music. We checked in a week before the in-laws. On their arrival day, I was able to go to the front desk and get them checked in that morning and they didn't arrive until evening. It was nice as we had connecting rooms so we had access to their room as well.

As another poster mentioned, you have to think about the charging option. With the in-laws, I had their room set up for "pay as you go" and the Cast Member at each time said that the in-laws could go back to the front desk at any time and have their credit card applied for charging. I honestly don't think my in-laws have ever seen a Disney World front desk - that's three onsite visits for them. I've handled everything for them.

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I was concerned about the charging to the room. I am glad that each room can have it's own charges. I was afraid everything would fall under the one reservation and not the two separate rooms, if that makes sense.

maxiesmom
08-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Having done that in the past, here are a couple of things you might want to check. :) First, be sure you have a way to get in touch with the rest of your group. I had a joint reservation with my sister. She checked in first and promptly left the room. When I arrived and checked in they would not give me her room number, and she wasn't answering the phone. Much mayhem insued in trying to locate her! :rolleyes: Second, if the room is not paid for in full look at how the deposit was taken. In our case it was split between the 2 rooms. My sister said that she didn't notice it and only paid what was left on her bill when I had put the whole deposit down. (My sister can be a turkey) :earboy2:

disnut8
08-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I was concerned about the charging to the room. I am glad that each room can have it's own charges. I was afraid everything would fall under the one reservation and not the two separate rooms, if that makes sense.

Glad to be of help. Also note that each individual room key can have their own separate charge card. So if you have three adults in one room and each want their own charge card on their key, they can do that. The charging is by each person, not by each room. We did that with our granddaughter. We just didn't give her any charging rights. Nothing like having a six year old running through Disney World with an unlimited card!