PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Would Like Info On The Grand

MICKEY_MOUSE
08-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi, new here. great board! we are thinking of going to disney for the holidays in Dec. can you tell me what is the Grad Floridian like. And for a garden room. which is the best Location?
:flower:

rcraw45425
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Love the GF! Very comfy, garden view rooms are great, the place is landscaped so well I don't think there is a bad room. We have stayed in BIg Pine Key, were upgraded to lagoon view, dormer room. The last visit there in April we were in Boca Chica, again upgraded to lagoon view. Boca Chica is close to the quiet pool, bu tthe way the place is layed out nothing is more than a 10 minute walk. Enjoy!

johnsonet
08-29-2005, 11:50 AM
deleted

DisneyMomx7
08-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Our favorite garden view rooms are in Sago Cay, marina view. I think Conch Key, marina view rooms are really nice too. Its almost like getting a lagoon view at a garden view price.

Tinkaroo
08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
I just got back late Saturday night from my first stay at the GF - and now I have a new favorite!

As others have already said, the resort is gorgeous, and it appears they have done a great job giving all of the rooms a decent view. We were in a garden view dormer room in Conch Key, and still had a view of the lagoon, the Contemporary, WL, etc. In the foreground were some gardens and Narcoossee's, but being on the 5th floor, we had just as nice a view of the lagoon and surroundings. I'd stay in that building again in a heartbeat!

I'm going to take a remedial course in how to post pictures on this board this evening, so hopefully will be able to share pictures of our view!

Good luck with your planning!

stellaxluna
08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I just returned Wednesday from the GF...What a beautiful resort...I stayed in Boca Chica once w/ a lagoon view...this time I stayed in Sago Cay w/ a garden view, but I had a view of the marina, so it was like having a lagoon view! You will love it there!!!!!

michellek.
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
:earsgirl: I have stayed at the Grand many times and love it (as does my family)! I agree with a lot of these posts--Boca Chica is centrally located on the property--the marina and 24 hr. grill are nearby, and is also close to the main building for monorail and restaurants/shops. I also like Big Pine Key, as it is closest to the main building and feature pool and beach. At Christmastime, this is the most beautiful hoel--a huge tree 5 stories tall is decorated with Victorian-style birdcages, dolls, etc. They also have a store made out of real gingerbread and icing where they sell candy! It has to be 10 by 15 at least! Amazing!