PDA

View Full Version : The old 5 in a room dilemma... looking for info on the POLY now!

NJDisneymom
08-29-2005, 11:54 AM
2nd time trying to post this, sorry if it ends up repeating.

We don't have our next trip planned yet but it will most definately include our newest family member due in February. This now makes us the "disney-dreaded" family of 5. LOL!!!

So, my first question is does an infant count in the # of people in the room? I am assuming the answer is yes, but I'm also thinking about our last 2 trips when DS was sleeping in the pack n play and dd was in a bed alone. Now we would just add one to the beds and the new baby would use the pack n play. No difference in space in the rooms, you know?

And second, if we do now need a room that sleeps 5, we have to move up to a deluxe. YIKES!!! I like the looks of the Poly and would love some opinions from those who have stayed there. What would I find different from the moderates like CBR & POFQ. I liked both, would say I loved the CBR. :) I know the other PO is an option for sleeping 5, althought that makes me laugh because all it adds is a trundle bed, which we do not need for a few years.

DisneyMomx7
08-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Children under 3 do not count as a 5th person - take advantage of this as long as you can! I would stay with a moderate for now and when the baby is three you can either move up to a deluxe or try POR (they sleep 5).

Believe me I feel you pain.

NJDisneymom
08-29-2005, 12:17 PM
oohh... thank you, thank you for that info!!! That is a welcome answer I didn't expect!!
DS's first trip was when he was 5 months old and I have a feeling we will do the same with this one.

Tikiman
08-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Technically the infant counts but you can have 5 and 1 infant in a room at the Polynesian but no more than 5 and the infant. That is why I say the infant counts.

For more info you can go to here.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

rcraw45425
08-29-2005, 12:38 PM
As the mom in a family of four I whole heartedly recommend the deluxes such as the Poly/CR, etc. over a moderate. THe difference, to sum it up is night and day! We stayed at the POFQ for the first (and only) time in July and will not do that again. Deluses give you table service restaurants, queen sized beds, larger bathrooms, larger rooms, balconies, and higher room charging privelages. You also get inside corridors, a plus in bad weather. The noise levels seen lower also. Not to mention the transportation options, especially on the monorail resorts. It really makes a difference with a small child being able to go back to the room to rest midday.

DisneyMomx7
08-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Deluxes are great. Believe me I know. But since you'll probably have to go the route of deluxes in a few years why not stay with the mod (especially if you already like CBR) and save the deluxes for when you have to pay the extra money.

NJDisneymom
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Deluses give you table service restaurants, queen sized beds, larger bathrooms, larger rooms, balconies, and higher room charging privelages. You also get inside corridors, a plus in bad weather. The noise levels seen lower also. Not to mention the transportation options, especially on the monorail resorts. It really makes a difference with a small child being able to go back to the room to rest midday.

Thats the thing, aside from the monorail, the things the deluxe offer aren't really necessities for us right now. We have never used the table service restuarants at the resorts (the CBR and POR have them), DH and I are rather small people and haven't found the sizes of the beds in the moderates to be a problem (heck, I thought they were queen) and in all our stays we've never charged anything to our rooms. We've always gone back to the room mid-day but I totally agree having the monorail to do it would be a blessing!!!

Knowing that the baby doesn't have to count in our total of 4 in the room of the moderates I think we will do that one more time before moving up to the deluxes.

Thanks for all the input, I'm so glad I asked here!!!

DisneyMomx7
08-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Have a great time. We are trying a moderate for the first time this year (CBR) because in-laws are staying part of the time with us and I can't wait. The thought of saving $250 per night makes me deliriously happy! Plus I think my kids will love it.

Bugsmom73
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Another 2 options midway between the Poly and CBR would be either a wing room at the contemporary or a room at the Wilderness Lodge. The boat is convenient to MK and if you are going during a slower time with shortened hours, the easy access to the MK is great.

spiceycat
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
read on another site - that All Star Music some of the rooms are being converted into family suites.

I don't know when CRO will start to allow reservations for these rooms though.

I am hopping that Disney will do this to unfinished part of the Pop Century.

Loops
08-29-2005, 03:04 PM
My family of 5 (myself, husband, dd5, 1 year old twins) went to disney in 2003. We originally wanted to stay in a value resort but since there we were a family of 5 we had to bump up to a moderate. The only moderate that would accomadate our family of 5 was Port Orleans Riverside. We loved it there.

:earsboy: :earsgirl:
princess: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

kaytieeldr
08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
You might want to check out Port Orleans Riverside now (or on a trip in the next couple of years). The Alligator Bayou section has rooms that hold up to five people because each comes with a trundle bed. For now, if you wanted, your older two could take turns - one night one gets the bed and the other the trundle, the next night they switch.

Deb & Bill
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Other choices - FW cabins (sleep 6) or DVC two bedroom villas (sleep 8).

[Look deep into my eyes. You want to buy DVC points. You want to buy DVC points. :3dglasses ] :rolleyes1

allaboutmm
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
read on another site - that All Star Music some of the rooms are being converted into family suites.

I don't know when CRO will start to allow reservations for these rooms though.

I am hopping that Disney will do this to unfinished part of the Pop Century.

Can you see me doing the happy dance! :banana: I will be so happy if the value hotels add bigger rooms, for larger families!! We are lucky enough that this year our DD princess: will still be 2 ,so we can stay at PC( 4 + 1crib). Even the moderate hotels are slightly out of our price range ( pre-school teacher, not in it for the money!).I hope this is true :goodvibes !

Planner999
08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Just a quick comment.........my AAA agent suggested (and I read it on here, too, later), that we get 2 connecting value rooms for our family of 5. So, we have 2 rooms at POP. That is CHEAPER than 1 crowded room at Contemporary PLUS we now have 2 bathrooms ! Yes, there are some disadvantages, but the 2nd bathroom will be great !