PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian update

Tikiman
08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Just wanted to send out a last minute message. I was told this morning that people are being booked into the new rooms in Rapa Nui 3rd floor so someone should be coming back with info on the finished rooms. They have started on Fiji and they are trying to stay on schedule. While I was there and staying in a room that was in the building being worked on there were no walls up so unless you peeked into the room you had no idea work was being done. I will say that during the day you could hear grinding coming from the room below (I was on the only open floor 2nd floor) but if you walked around the grounds you could not tell there was work going on.

They said Rapa Nui took a while because they needed to order things and it was their first building they had to do and they learned what the best way to do things would be so they are hoping they can finish the other buildings faster.

Well that is my last update for a while. I did reactivate the web pages with some increased bandwidth (thanks to some who have donated) and I plan on adding more photos of views and other things from my trip when I get back. Until then Aloha…

Steve

helenk
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated Steve. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a new room in Tahiti in December!

BCV23
08-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Have a wonderful vacation, Steve and thanks for the update.

Aloha!

Tikiman
08-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Have a wonderful vacation, Steve and thanks for the update.

Aloha!

MAHALO

rcraw45425
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all your updates Steve. You helped me get our "perfect" room in Samoa last year!

Susiesnowflake
08-29-2005, 12:12 PM
As always, thank you! I so appreciate all the info and help you have provided to those of us who love the Polynesian!

Angel16
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Steve, Thank you for all the work and love you put into your site. The knowledge you share gives so many the ability to have a vacation of a life- time. We each make our own magic in life, as well on our vacations. But your knowledge increases our ability. :hug:

My husband and myself are staying at the Polynesian (his first time) to celebrate our 26th anniversay and his birthday. We were scheduled in concierge, but our vacation is during their rehab. So we have just a standard room. We are hoping for a magic kingdom view in Tahiti. We have a lagoon view room reserved and have requested a balcony and MK view. Do you have any suggetions for room numbers?

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation on Maui. It is one of our favorite islands.

A big thank you to you and Tara for all the time and energy you give to your site.

WDW LifeLong Fan
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks Steve,

Have a wonderful trip. We appreciate your insights and information.

Aloha,
Gordon

*Fantasia*
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
YES! YES! YES! THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!! I can't wait for Fiji to be done! Well.. not that I am heading back to the Polynesian anytime soon though... Mahalo Steve!! You're the best!! Doing my hula dance! :banana:

Tikiman
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Steve, Thank you for all the work and love you put into your site. The knowledge you share gives so many the ability to have a vacation of a life- time. We each make our own magic in life, as well on our vacations. But your knowledge increases our ability. :hug:

My husband and myself are staying at the Polynesian (his first time) to celebrate our 26th anniversay and his birthday. We were scheduled in concierge, but our vacation is during their rehab. So we have just a standard room. We are hoping for a magic kingdom view in Tahiti. We have a lagoon view room reserved and have requested a balcony and MK view. Do you have any suggetions for room numbers?

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation on Maui. It is one of our favorite islands.

A big thank you to you and Tara for all the time and energy you give to your site.

Aloha Angel16,

Most of the views from Tahiti see the castle or Space Mtn with the exception of a few that are near the middle entrance to the building where there are many bushes and trees (rooms X028-X029) but I wish you luck on your room location. I am not sure how you can request a MK view since there is no category of room labeled that and chances are the room assigner has no idea what rooms have what view. Not that you can blame them since they would have to walk our to each lagoon view room and look to see what the view is like. I am sure if you get Tahiti and Tahiti is not closed while you are there you will have a nice view.

Aloha

Steve

Threehearts
08-29-2005, 05:33 PM
and what an improvement. The customer service aspect which I had felt has been seriously lacking over the past 2 years has been most definitely addressed and our experience was excellent. We will definitely return soon. I wrote a trip report twice but for some reason the DISBoard won't let me post it. It keeps saying, "You posted this in the last five minutes.' Ugh!! I'll try again in the next few days. Thanks for the update, Steve. I knew that I could see people in Rapa Nui on the third floor. Threehearts(Susan)

hAm53
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
thanks for the update steve!!! we're checking in Wednesday, and although we can only afford a standard garden view, we're hoping for an upgrade.
we'll be getting hitched at sunset point on sunday, can the poly front desk help me arrange mabye a flower delivery to my bride? i tried calling disney florist twice but never heard back.

A Mickeyfan
08-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey Steve.. can you send me the link to your site... I had it & when my computer crashed, I lost a lot of things... your email was one of them too... My daughter still has the Tikiman that you sent her! That was a few years ago too! :wave2:

Marthasor
08-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey Steve.. can you send me the link to your site... I had it & when my computer crashed, I lost a lot of things... your email was one of them too... My daughter still has the Tikiman that you sent her! That was a few years ago too! :wave2:

Hi Mickey fan - here is the link: http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Thanks Tikiman for putting the site back up. It is beautiful and so informative. I have put in a request for Samoa 1st or 3rd floor Volcano side for December. We'll see!!! Thanks again and have a wonderful vacation.

iloveeeyore
08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Thank you, thank you, Tikiman!

I have been so frustrated over the past few months; every time I have tried to reach your site, it's been down. We are bringing my in-laws to the Poly next summer for their first Disney trip, and I want them to check out your site and get really psyched! It really helped put us in the mood last year (like we needed help ;) )

I'll be sending you a donation. Hope everyone else here does, too! Hope this helps avoid those problems?

Thanks again.