PDA

View Full Version : Package deal, or rooms and flight?

monica31671
08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
I can't decide whether to book a package deal from Disney Travel or book rooms and tickets seperate from airfare.
What do you do? I've never used Expedia or Priceline. How are those for booking air?
Help! :confused3

pennst8r
08-29-2005, 09:20 AM
It really depends on your situation--how many people in your family, which resort, which season. I'd say get a quote from a travel agency, or online with Disney. Then break it down and price each part individually. See which works out best for you and your family. Airfare will probably be the biggest variable.

good luck!

rkmassa
08-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Avoid Priceline. Your flight times are likely to be terrible. You might save a few bucks, but not enough to make the trip at odd hours worthwhile. We have used Orbitz. Very happy with them. Our trip in December with SW was booked online at their web site. They have a great cancellation policy and price adjustments, but no assigned seats. We did cancel our trip in August and rebook for December with no penalty. There are tradeoffs for everything. We have also booked Airtran using their web site. We were very pleased with their service, flight times, etc. Actually got a free upgrade on a tirp during our Anniversary.

Just stay away from Priceline. Of course just my opinion here.

As for rooms, we use The Magic For Less Travel agency. Deb is great there. She takes care of our reservations, dining reservations, recreation reservations, etc. All this great service for no fees. We won't book Disney without her.

Tickets...we usually buy through AAA. I have also heard good things about the online ticket sites.

If all this sounds too much let Disney book a package for you. Of course even if I were booking a package, I would still use The Magic For Less to book with. Love them!

monica31671
08-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks. I already decided Priceline was out. I'll try Orbitz. The advantage with Disney Travel is one stop shopping. But I'm all for saving a buck or two.

swilphil
08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I recommend Dreams Unlimited Travel (www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com). They can price both packages and room only/tickets seperately. If you book room only and a public code comes out, they will apply it to your reservation for you. We've been able to save a little money by booking room only and buying tickets from Ticketmania. You could still do that and have DU book your room. Disney has had some good prices on packages if you are interested in getting the Dining Plan.