PDA

View Full Version : POP room suggestion needed

Planner999
08-29-2005, 09:09 AM
The POP sticky is great - thanks ! We're going to be in POP in September but will not have a preferred room. Can anybody suggest where we might ask to stay ? Are the top floors really quieter without being more trouble to get to ? Can you request a room in the 50s area that is close to the food court ? Viewing the lake is not important to me but it might be nice to see the fireworks from the room or even from walking outside the building if the kids (or adults !) are too tired to stay in the park. If you just ask for a particular area of the building at check in will they really help you get what you want ?

Thanks !

Planner999
08-29-2005, 12:08 PM
oops - moving this to the POP sticky thread

goofy4tink
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, we had the second 50's bldg...next to the parking lot, behind the bowling pin pool. Yes, it was a longish walk to the food court, about 8 minutes. But, the other two 50's bldgs are a bit closer. We were on the third floor, at the very back of the bldg. The parking lot was behind us and we were able to just walk out our door, turn the corner and watch IllumiNations...at least the upper fireworks. It was quiet with very little foot traffic going by our window. The three 50's bldgs were laid out in the shape of a U, with the pool in the middle, and the pathway to the foodcourt, main bldg and bus stop past the pool and out the top of the U. Our bldg (#2) was the bottom of the U, bldg 1 was the left side and #3 was the right side. Don't know if that helps or not. Oh and there are elevators in each bldg as well as stairs. So getting to the 4th floor is no harder than getting to the 2nd.
We loved Pop and would stay again.

bdink921
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
We were in the 80's section on the fourth floor facing the computer pool--great pool!! We were in building 9, room 9402. It was maybe a five minute walk to the buses via the sidewalks near the parking lot and about the same to the food court. There was a playground nearby. Our room was very quiet and mousekeeping was great. :flower: We loved POP!!!

matt&jakesmom
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
We were in the 70's section by the "big wheel". We were on the 3rd floor. It was close to the food court, the buses and the pool. We had a wonderful stay. :goodvibes

llb
08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
When I made my reservations I requested the 60's bldg and it apperaed on my paid in full receipt. when I arrived the desk informed me my room was in the 50's bldg. I pointed out my receipt with the notation, they offered to put me in the 60's for the higher rate as that I was charged for standard. With my package (room, tickets, free dining) my daily rate for room was $85.00, but when she added the additional preferred rate charge which I thought would be an extra $10.00 per night it totaled $113.00 a night. The additinal charge reflects the rack rate and not the package rate. Without me asking, they put me in the 60's building at standard rate because it was noted that I requested it and was charged standard rate by the Disney staff, thier error not mine. I was on the 4th floor overlooking the lake, I had a direct view of the Epcot and Magic Kingdon fireworks. It was quiet, I never heard another person or bathroom, that so many talk about. I believe my room # was 4564. Good luck