PDA

View Full Version : POP Question/preferred rooms?

GoofyGirlnPrincessV
08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
I am trying to put together a quick trip in December and looks my only option for the budget is POP.

Is it really worth it to upgrade to the preferred room in the 60's building? Is the resort really spread out?

How bad is the walk from the 80's building and the 70's building to the food court?

TIA

Davefrompgh
08-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi, we recently returned from a 3 night Pop stay and a 5 night Poly stay. We requested to be in the 70's bldg, 1st floor, however, they put us in the 50's bldg 4th floor. I really do not think they pay much attention. However, we LOVED the 50's bldg 3. The location was wonderful...very close to the food court and the Hippey Dippey pool, although the bowling pin pool, was close too. If we were to ever go back to Pop, I would request 50's bldg number 3. If you are staying at some of the 80's or 90's, it is pretty far from main bldg and food court. You can always get ready first, and then go to eat and then get your bus. :flower:

mom2two
08-31-2005, 01:38 PM
We stayed in the 70s building, 4th floor facing the lake and it took all of 2 minutes to get to the main building! You'll love POP!!!

Zandy595
08-31-2005, 02:15 PM
No, it's not worth it to pay more for a preferred room! We stayed in 70's Big Wheel and loved the location. Some parts of Big Wheel are even closer to Classic Hall and the buses than some parts of the preferred buildings. There is also a shortcut to the buses (without going through Classic Hall) around the back.

alicenwonder99
08-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Do you think the preferred building is worth it if you have small kids? I'm taking a trip this December with just me and my 2 youngest children (7 and 5), dh can't get off from work. I won't have a stroller and I wanted a room close to the busses/food court/pools so my children won't have to walk far. I also won't be able to carry 2 tired children from the bus stop to the room after a long day at the parks.

It's about a $60 difference for our trip to get the preferred room. Yeah, I know $60 isn't alot of money, but it would pay for some nice souvenoirs for the kids.

Mary

cindygirl29
08-31-2005, 02:47 PM
The preferred rooms are nice if you have young children. They are much closer to the main building..especially if you need coffee in the morning. There are no coffee pots in the rooms.

:love:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Zandy595
08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Do you think the preferred building is worth it if you have small kids? I'm taking a trip this December with just me and my 2 youngest children (7 and 5), dh can't get off from work. I won't have a stroller and I wanted a room close to the busses/food court/pools so my children won't have to walk far. I also won't be able to carry 2 tired children from the bus stop to the room after a long day at the parks.

It's about a $60 difference for our trip to get the preferred room. Yeah, I know $60 isn't alot of money, but it would pay for some nice souvenoirs for the kids.

MaryLet me tell you, I don't like walking a long way to get to my room after I've walked all day in the park either. Just request 70's Big Wheel (B on the map) or 50's Lady (A) and ask if you can be close to Classic Hall. Make sure you remind them at check-in also. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm

Zandy595
08-31-2005, 03:01 PM
The preferred rooms are nice if you have young children. They are much closer to the main building..especially if you need coffee in the morning. There are no coffee pots in the rooms.

:love:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:If you get a 60's wing that is close to the lake you are quite a bit farther away from Classic Hall than if you get a room in the north wing of 70's Big Wheel or the south wing of 50's Lady.

cobbler
08-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Nope, not worth the money. We went last year and our kids were 7 and 3. Not a problem at all and we didn't have a stroller either. We were in the 50's bldg 2 and it was fine. The resort isn't spread out at all. I would save the money.

alicenwonder99
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

I'm going to call my AAA TA tomorrow and have her change my preferred room to just a regular room. Do you know if the TA's will put a request in like, "50's Building A, close to Classic Hall? Or do I just ask when we get there?

Mary

isyt
08-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

I'm going to call my AAA TA tomorrow and have her change my preferred room to just a regular room. Do you know if the TA's will put a request in like, "50's Building A, close to Classic Hall? Or do I just ask when we get there?

Mary

I'm a TA and I do all the time and in fact I was going to post this question but thanks to all of you I know what I am going to request for my client!!!!

Schmeck
08-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Just remember that you can only REQUEST - it doesn't mean you'll get a certain room or building. Noting this because so many posters here seem to get upset when they don't get a certain request, even when it is noted on the reservation... :rolleyes:

Now, we had a 60's room, back side, overlooking the lake, and I loved how quiet it was, and yet we could just walk through the center of the building (where it is open) to the elevators, and be at the Hippy-Dippy pool in no time.

With two kids that might be very tired at the end of the day, I'd either bring one umbrella stroller along, or find a friend to come with you!

WDWAurora
08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
We were in 80s building 7, and found it to be a very reasonable walk to Classic Hall. I would not pay the extra money. It's seriously not worth it.