View Full Version : Swan/Dolpin Oct 16 - 19

08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
I just got off the phone with Swan/Dolphin Reservations. I was hoping that maybe some block of rooms had been released from hold (there is a big conference Oct 16 - 19th). The woman informed me that the rules for those dates are that all 4 nights must be booked and paid for by the conference people even if they don't stay.

As such, there are probably going to be EMPTY rooms but they can't sell them in advance. They can only release the rooms when the people check out - so it will be VERY last minute.

So that works out great for the Swan/Dolphin people, but really stinks for the rest of us.

No AP Codes....no chance at Swan Dolphin.....ugh....I don't want to go off-site, but right now, I don't see any choice.

kathi :flower:

08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi kathi!

If it makes you feel any better, I was told that it was very unlikely that the conference wouldn't use all the rooms that are reserved for them because the conference is so large they are booking the overflow into the YC/BC and Boardwalk.

I'd been hoping those nights would open up for us since about 8 months ago when I first started trying to arrange our dates. We're checking into the Dolphin on the 12th and moving to POFQ on the 16th because there were no rooms left at the Dolphin or Swan. Not ideal for us, but I'm kind of looking forward to trying POFQ.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!


08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey there! (I assume you are the KellyJ I used to know from "that other place") Great to see you!!!

I thought about booking Swan for 2 nights and then switching to a moderate for the last night...but I hate to move once I get somewhere. I'm really bummed as we are travelling with 2 adult "non-Disney" friends and this is our once chance to get them to like Disney and a Deluxe resort would certainly have helped.

I'm sure we will have a good time regardless of where we stay.

kathi :flower: