PDA

View Full Version : What's the process for moving luggage from one resort to another?

moopdog
08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
What if we're not "checking out" of the first resort but moving most of our things to our 2nd resort? Will disney still transport our stuff? Will they ask for any info other than "where this stuff going?" (ressie numbers, etc) I hate to rent a taxi or something just to move our luggage....

agotta
08-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Call bell services and they will move the luggage for you. No guarantee at what time, but usually later in the p.m. like after 4.

moopdog
08-29-2005, 09:01 AM
So I can call and make the arrangements myself from my room... no reason to involve the front desk??

canwegosoon
08-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Call Bellservices and let them know you are moving(I think we checked out at 9am). We were told exactly what time our bags would be at BWV(I believe the gentleman said not before 1pm). For the day I packed a bag which included rain poncho's and swim wear(and a few plastic bags for wet items), and a few snacks and drinks (I have a Vera Bradley weekender bag, and everything fit in there.) We went off to the parks and I got a locker to check my bag...which was great we could get our poncho's to wear for the rain, but when it got better, we were able to go swiming at the pool at BWV's. When we were done for the day at the park, we went to check in (I was shooting for 2pm, but it was 4pm by the time we got there ) Our bags were brought right up...they had to go back because they forgot my cold items...no problem. I think the only thing people don't like is the packing up, but for me it is no problem...Good Luck to you!!!

DVCLiz
08-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Usually, you'd check out of your first resort, and bell services would transport your luggage to your second resort. It sounds like you're not checking out of your first resort, though - do you just want to have your luggage transferred over a day early? I don't know if they are set up to actually move your luggae without being checked in (or planning to check in) to the second resort the same day your luggage is moved. I'm not sure about their ability to store luggage overnight. In any case, I'd call the resort directly for this answer.

moopdog
08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
No - we have two reservations that will be at the same time. Using one room some of the time - the other for other days. We're weird - I know.