PDA

View Full Version : port orleans riverside never again

Missy Bruin
08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey all just got back from wdw.Well let's see where shall i begin.Well i arrived on august 19th aruond 3pm.All was giong well tiffany town car was waiting for us at the airport and made a stop at the grocery store.Well after a quick stop to the store we headed for POR all seem well until we check in it all went down hill from there at first the could not find our reservation we requested alligator bayou building 14.Well the first room the gave us at buliding 14 had a huge problem there was somebody already in it.Well i went bcak to check in to get to the bottom of it.Well they finally found my reservation it was with my cousin's reservation.She wasn't coming in until the next day.Well when the finally gave us a room it was in stll in alligator bayou but in buliding 37 when in found out it was about a ten minute walk I then insisted that they take us to the room by golf cart i have a knee problem and my mom has a heart problem.Well when we finally got settled it looked like the room had not been used in quite sometime the dust was so thick i could write my name in it.The next morning we went right back down to check in to let them know how displeased we were.Now it was moms turn to do all the talking.My mom explained that my cousin was coming in that day and we had put a call in for an extra vip cleaning for both rooms because my niece is allergies espically to dust.We were told it will be taking care of it and it was.when my cousin and her family finally got to wdw from a long drive from rhode island the fun could finally begin (yes the kids were very surprised that we were there)We were having a graet time until workers were cutting down trees in the back right next to our room.I really enjoyed hearing all that noise on my vacation and as for the buses they were the terrible we had to wait almost forty five minutes for a bus to downtown disney.I talked with my cousin after we left on august 25th and she waited almost a hour for a bus from blizzrad beach.Well be going back down in december for my annual christmas trip finally i am going home to ssr.I guess that is where we should have stayed. MISSY AND FAMILY

minnie61650
08-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry you had such a dissapointing stay.
Hope you have a better time in December.
Have fun atDisney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

Delilah Bleu
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience

grinningghost
08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry you had such a bad time with POR, although I have to say, it's one of the rare negative reviews I've heard of this resort. I chose it as our next hotel because of all the raves on this site.

You should really write to Disney and tell them of your experience. They need to know when stuff like this happens, so they can work toward preventing it from happening again. Thanks for sharing. :)

jellymanoffspring
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry you were disapointed...

I have a ?.....why didn't you take the boat to DTD???

irish dancer
08-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems. We were there 8/11-22 and while we had a wonderful room location (bldg 15, corner room facing the parking lot) we had a lot of trouble with buses back to the resort from the parks. We were pretty lucky with buses to the parks, many times they arrived just after we got to the stop. However every time we tried to come back from MK we had to wait a long time, it didn't seem to make a difference if it was 2pm or 11pm there was almost always at least two rows of people waiting. One night we waited 50min for a bus, we left just as the fireworks started to beat some of the crowds but we still waited forever. The other resorts had 3 or more buses in the time we had 1. It was a real problem.

Another thing with the buses that wasn't so much a problem I just didn't understand that they didn't follow the same route all the time. We were South depot and sometimes that would be first and sometimes last, never could figure any pattern.

I would definitely stay at this resort again but we'd probably rent a car and skip the bus.

dixiegirl
08-29-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience on your trip with your rooms. I would also suggest writing a letter. I have never had problems like this at POR. I hope that you have a fabulous time on your next trip.

canwegosoon
08-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I was able to get a ride on a tram(LG golf cart) to my room in building 15 with out even asking. I hope you have a better trip next time, but SSR is huge ...we had to take the busses to get back to the main building to go to the pool or take the boat to DTD ...walking from Congress Park to DTD was a lot faster!!! I think that a hotel that is more verticle might be better for you like BWV...I found we did the least walking there. Good Luck on your next trip.

SHAMIL10
08-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, we stayed at POR AB last December and had an absolutely pleasant experience- we were close to the main bldg, pool & bus stop. - We never had to wait for a bus longer than 5-10 min. I can't remember the bldg #, but I want to say 22?, but I think it was really 14 or 15.

SHAMIL10
08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Ok, I think we stayed in room 1422

Pryncess'mom
08-29-2005, 09:09 AM
:guilty: We had a lovely time at POR, even though they were painting the two closest buildings to the Mill. While it was somewhat noisy walking past, I did understand that people do have to work while I am on vacation!! Don't flame me, but when would you want them to do tree work? :confused3 We really didn't have much wait for buses to the parks, sometimes very crowded coming back, but we had a wheelchair in our group, so sometimes we had to wait for an empty bus, no biggie.

Hopefully, this bad experience didn't color your whole trip!

deb ::MinnieMo

muffinman71
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
:confused3
Yes...it really hurts when disney's magic comes up really short, huh? I am sorry that you had a problem.

I had a bad experience when I stayed in what was then the dixie landings way back in Jan 96. I had asked for a king room and water view. However, you get shafted since you cannot choose what view you will have with the king room. So, it was either a guarantee of a water view and two double beds, or a guaranteed King room and parking lot view. Well, we went with the water view and double beds.

The water view is a total ripoff, IMHO. I thought I could look outside my room and see some water. However, we got a small window that looked out to the walkway (we were on the 3rd floor). Once you went out onto the walkway and to the railing, you could see the river. Most people just walked down the walkway and so many times we had a view of the backs of people. The whole week we kept the curtain shut for privacy. Also, many families dragged the small bench out onto the walkway to see the river and be comfy. Nice and noisy.

We were there from dec 31 until jan 10th. One morning, we got awakened by the wdw marathon. nice to wake up to at the crack of dawn on my vacation.

worst off - we were at the far end of the resort. Panache place?? or something like that. Our room seemed like it was miles from the parking lot. Not a lot of fun to move our bags with endless lefts and rights. Not a lot of fun either after a long day at the parks.

Complaining did nothing. We could hope for a king room in a couple of days, but no guarantee on the view. No other "water view" rooms available, either. We did get a whopping 25% off the room rate for the day when we got the early "wakeup" call.