PDA

View Full Version : Just back from POFQ 8/20 - 8/27

tatooed goofy
08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Just got back from an awesome vacation at Disney. We spent 7 nights at POFQ and will definately go back there on future trips. The compact nature of the resort was a definate pro for us. We were in building 5 (room 5240)which is right in the middle of the resort. It was never more than a couple minute walk to the pool, restaurant, bus stops, guest services, or boat launch. Mousekeeping was very good, and the room itself was very nice.

The theming was very nice and the grounds well manicured. Our room was ready at noon on the day we arrived. All in all we had no complaints at all and can't wait to return!

cstraub
08-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

We are going in Dec. I heard building 5 is the best. Did you think it was? Did you have a water view?

TweetieSC4
08-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Great for you! We're going for our first stay at POFQ in 14 days, so it is good to hear a recent visitor's opinion. Glad to hear you really enjoyed it!

tatooed goofy
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

We are going in Dec. I heard building 5 is the best. Did you think it was? Did you have a water view?

We didn't go to the othe buildings to comment on if they would be better. That being said, I don't think you can beat building 5 for it's central location. We did not have a water view room. However, we could see a bit of the river by looking just a bit to the right out our window. If you do reserve a water room room, I would suggest you make sure it is a river view room. Some of the water view rooms only look out over the pool. This might get a bit noisy at night, and I wouldn't say it is worth the extra money just to see the pool (although the pool itself is very nice.)

We were on the side of building 5 opposite the pool. We overlooked what I would describe as a grass park. It was a large open area about 3/4 the size of a football field with finely manicured grass that reminded me a bit of an uncut golf green. It was very quiet and very lovely. We were on the second floor which put us high enough for a decent view, yet only 1 flight of steps at the end of a long day of touring.

nhpooh
08-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the report, we will be down there in two weeks. Sounds like the resort is just what I am looking for. Nice and relaxing. Sounds like you had a good time.

colleen costello
08-28-2005, 05:59 PM
We stayed at FQ at the end of July, and we loved it! We were in the far corner of Building #1, which by FQ standards is fairly "far out," but it was close to everything and the resort was just lovely. Not having to hike miles when the heat index was well above one hundred degrees was fine by me! We will definitely stay again. The re-done rooms are very spiffy and the whole resort was great. After FQ we went to Beach Club with our DVC, and I have to say the room at FQ was just as nice. The kids loved the pool and the river was so pretty.

StephMK
08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the review! We'll be at POR in a few weeks.

So how were the buses getting to the parks? Were they very crowded & how long did it take? Trying to figure out if it will really take an hour as the CMs tell me on the phone. Thanks!

DW mouser
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Going in March for spring break! Thanks for the review!! Our first time to stay in a moderate so was glad to hear your report.

indigoxtreme
08-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. We leave on Saturday morning the 3rd at 5:15 am to head down to WDW and this has been a dream of mine to stay at POFQ. My 22 year old son saw it on the site and said he wanted to stay there as well. This a big trip for us. It is my granddaughter 1st trip and her birthday as well as my birthday. Cannot wait. :flower:

cstraub
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the tips on the water view.

I can't wait to go. You make it sound wonderful!

Okiemom
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Did you eat in the food court? How was that?

psumomluvswdw
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the tips on the water view.

I can't wait to go. You make it sound wonderful!
DH is saying he does not want to do disney anymore(I know he's crazy!) And I was just wondering with so many long stays how do you keep your trips fresh without anyone getting tired of it? What do you during the day? Do you the parks often? Just curious! Thanks!! :wave:

cstraub
08-28-2005, 09:39 PM
DH is saying he does not want to do disney anymore(I know he's crazy!) And I was just wondering with so many long stays how do you keep your trips fresh without anyone getting tired of it? What do you during the day? Do you the parks often? Just curious! Thanks!! :wave:

I PM'd you! :goodvibes

monica31671
08-31-2005, 02:30 PM
It's good to have so many great reports on POFQ. I'm headed there in January.