PDA

View Full Version : BCV or BWV????

Trackerbee
08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
We are renting points from a DCV member for a trip 1/8/06-1/14/06 and are torn between BCV and BWV. Have never stayed at either one, and will be traveling with DH and each of our moms, who are in their 70's and healthy, but move very slowly :rotfl2: Any suggestions on which would be better for us? We will be getting a 2 bedroom villa. Thanks for the help :flower:

littlestar
08-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Go for BCV. There are two elevator locations and it is not as big as BWV.

There is only (1) set of elevators at BWV. If you end up at the end of the building at BWV, it's a long hike to an elevator for someone who has walking problems. We use the stairs when this happens to us at BWV, but I wouldn't want to have to have someone with limited mobility depend on the stairs.

Go for BCV. It's smaller and will be easier for the 70 year olds to get around

waltsdouble
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
More for older guests at the Boardwalk, eating, clubs, than the Beach Club. Just sitting on the porch at the Boardwalk in the early evening is a treat in its self.

mef78
08-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I also recommend the Beach Club on this one. My mom and I were there in May (she's 62 and healthy, but also moves at "her own pace"), and she loved the Beach Club. The lazy river at Stormalong Bay was fun for her, and she really enjoyed Beaches and Cream. As for entertainment at the Boardwalk, The Beach Club is so close to the Boardwalk that you'll be able to take advantage of all the entertainment that the BW offers. Also, the Beach Club has some really nice common rooms with games, etc. that your moms will really enjoy, I think.

My mom was sold on the Beach Club and now says she's been spoiled and will never stay anywhere else!

DisneyGuy
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Beach Club Villa's all the way - the rooms are beautiful :love:

travelbug
08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I took my parents (in their 70s) down in Feb., and we stayed at BCV. They completely loved it there!! They loved the decor, the quiet of the villas, the sand beach out front, sitting outside near Beaches & Cream enjoying some coffee, being very close to Epcot, etc. etc.

By the way, we rented ECVs for both of my parents and that was a godsend! Mom had mobility issues due to arthritis, and Dad just couldn't cover the distance that we all wanted to cover. So we rented the ECVs from Walker Mobility and were very pleased with their service.

I own at both BCV and BWV, so I love both places. But I think I'd tip the scales toward BCV for your situation.

Have a terrific time! :sunny: