PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been left a towel animal : THE POLL

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Let's see if I'm the only one who's never gotten one - poll coming forthwith.

CamColt
08-28-2005, 11:20 AM
We got them once at All Star Sports. The Poly has left us little face cloth, tooth brush holders too.

WDW LifeLong Fan
08-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Sometimes for us!

:banana:

paladin
08-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I got multiples, but all on one trip. I was staying at the All Star Music and would come home everyday to ones in the window. They were really cute! However, this is the only trip that I have ever received any.

DisneyJen0504
08-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Sometimes we get them, sometimes we dont. I think its really cute but I dont give it much thought otherwise.

siouxi31
08-28-2005, 11:49 AM
This past trip we got swans, dumbo, a dog and then something that was a cross between a dog and elephant. They also put some colored stickers on a washcloth.

Mandabella
08-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Only on the Disney Wonder, never in WDW. :confused3

tomerin
08-28-2005, 11:52 AM
last year at the WL , 10 days, we were lucky to get our first towel animal a horse. we recieved one other towel animal, a rabbit, and during the rest of our stay we didnt recieve any others. we were happy with the 2.

on our last trip to SSR on entering the room for the forst time we saw an octupus towel animal. it was done so well i was afraid to move it beause i was afraid i would ruin it. so we left it where it was. a nice touch these towel animals are

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
LOL this is for some reason hilarious to me! Wonder what is it about us that is un-towel animal worthy??? :confused3 :)

We're nice people! We say good morning to the maids! We aren't messy! We tip every day!

:sad: So sad - where's that address for letters of complaint to WDW????? :charac2:

(In case it isn't obvious, I'm kidding!)

shafke
08-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Once at WL. Our last trip to CBR nothing but we did not let it ruin our vacation. ;)

daisyduck123
08-28-2005, 12:21 PM
In April 2004 we got them (window decorations too) everyday for 7 days at POP.

This past April at POP, we got them once out of 8 days.

monica31671
08-28-2005, 12:26 PM
My son and I stayed 5 nights in June at CBR and we had one every day. When we were leaving the mousekeeper we saw the most as we came and went each day came out of the room she was cleaning and said, "Thank you, thank you. Bye now." I'm thinking she couldn't speak much English. She was so sweet.

stellaxluna
08-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I was there last week for my 3rd trip, it was the 1st time I ever got an animal. It was a duck.... :)

ksc37
08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I've never had a towel animal. Here's hoping for our next trip...

kimisabella
08-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Last december at the CBR was the only time we received towel animals - we got them every day and on the last day we got an elaborate clown w/stickers and other animals w/a note from mousekeeping telling my dd's to take them home.

grinningghost
08-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Never got a towel animal either. But the mousekeepers have arranged our DD's stuffed animals which was always fun. Especially seeing Elmo waiting in the window after a long day at the parks. :)

Deb & Bill
08-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I voted Always, but I seldom get them. But when I do, I am delighted. Did I misread the question? I guess I read it "Are you delighted to get towels animals", not "How often are you delighted with towels animals?"

MinnieM21
08-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I've never gotten a towel animal. But I've only been to WDW once. :)

CleveRocks
08-28-2005, 03:04 PM
During our 6-night stay at CBR in May, we got towel animals about half the time. But EVERY day, our kids' toys and stuff was arranged in interesting and cute ways. One day all of their stuffed animals/actionfigures were arranged on the window sill with the blinds down to the tops of their heads; from the outside it looked like they were waiting for our kids to come "home." One day, after we bought our daughter a box of small Snow White figures and our son some small Pirates of the Caribbean figures, the mousekeeper arranged a towel on one of the beds, and on the towel were these figurines having a picnic (some other toy things were toy food).

-- Eric :earsboy:

Tissa
08-28-2005, 03:25 PM
We got 2 when we stayed at AS Movies and 2 when we stayed at POP. If we don't get one this time when we stay at the Poly we're going back to staying at the values :teeth:

nhpooh
08-28-2005, 03:29 PM
We have gotten some, once when my oldest DD was little. She had this blanket she took everywhere. When we got back to the room there was a duck in the blanket sleeping, that was at WL. We got two at WL our last trip, a duck and a swan. I think we got one on the Disney Wonder, can't remember what it was.

Orgamizer
08-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I visited WDW for the first time in 2002 at age 33!!! We were in a pref room at CBR in Martinique. This is the only trip we have made so far (but we are booked for ASMo for 11/29 - 12/6) but our mousekeeping was great!! The room was kept spotless and she cleaned up and neatly arranged all of our food and even put sodas that we had brought in the fridge for us as we had forgotten that morning! She left our 9 yr old son washcloth animals almost everyday and made cutle little holders for our soap and toothbrush, and she would arrange his animals that he had bought in the windows and on the tables. We would leave her a note for extra towels so we could go swimming in the afternoon and they were there everyday without fail!! We also left her thank you notes, candy and a tip daily for her trouble as she really did help make our stay at the resort great!! So this is the only resort and trip I can comment on but ours was great and she was AWESOME!!!

sweetinmaine
08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
We had heard that if you were extra nice to housekeeping they would leave you towel animals. In March we were at the POR with our entire family including 2 young grandsons. Every day we would leave a tip, a note for best wishes for a nice day and a mint or two. Never once did we receive the animal. We are pretty much neat people too so it's not like they had to spend an extra time in our room. Oh well....

We did get the towel animals on both our Disney Wonder and Disney Magic cruises! :earsgirl:

kathleena
08-28-2005, 07:09 PM
We just stayed two nights at WL. Left our mousekeeper (Pio) a tip the first AM and she left us a little eagle. My DGD10 asked if we could take it but I said no. Didn't realize that may not be true.

On checking in at the BWV, there was a towel doll sitting on the shelf on the mirror by the door. Didn't take her either!

We have had two animals before - both at OKW.

I take pictures. I would have taken the eagle too - he was so cute!

tund
08-28-2005, 07:32 PM
We received towel animals almost everyday at POR a couple of weeks ago. When we didn't, our DD's teddy bear or blanket was doing something different than when we left. Our kids loved it and couldn't wait to get back each night to see what was left for us.

Mom and Dad loved it too, but were a little disappointed to see that most of the animals were pre-fab (pre-folded with glued on eyes and such) after the first day or so. It was more magical when we thought we were something done just for us. :confused3

Don't get me wrong, we still loved it and tipped everyday we were there.

chigirl
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
I hope to get them when I go to Pop in 2 weeks, as it is my kid's first time at Disney and their birthdays. Ironically, I received towel animals during a business trip to St. Louis when I stayed at a Drury Inn hotel for 7 days...every day I had something in the bathroom or on the bed. I think the chambermaid knew I was travelling on business and lonely (I had up pictures of my kids) and I tipped well. She also refilled my little fridge w/cokes and fanned out my magazines. It was super. One or two little towel animals would be sweet! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

stephandjoe
08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
We got a Dachsund (I swear there was a weenie dog towel on the kids bed!), swan and some seashells last year. Mousekeeping was awesome! :teeth:

snyderla
08-28-2005, 10:17 PM
In April 2004 we got them (window decorations too) everyday for 7 days at POP.

This past April at POP, we got them once out of 8 days.
We got them almost every day at Pop in April 2004, too. Esmerelda was our housekeeper each time. She even made us a doll once, it was soo cute. We've gotten them a few other times, too. Always leave a tip & didn't even know there was such a thing as "towel animals" until the first time we got one, in 1997.

Lori

EsmeraldaX
08-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Sometimes. Last trip to Pop I got them all the days but one. Last trip to AKL before that I got one once. Trip before that to Pop did not get any. Can't recall before that.

MomofKatie
08-28-2005, 10:53 PM
We haven't gotten towel animals, but have had DD's stuffed animals arranged in cute scenarios. One night, they were in a pillow "fort"; another night, Minnie was in a pillow "castle", and Mickey was "climbing" a towel to rescue her from Stitch. Very cute!!!

cstraub
08-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Always for us...... :goodvibes

AlexTina
08-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Never once for us. Although like other posters have said DD's stuffed animals are usually arranged either on the bed or on the day bed, but never a towel animal. Oh well. We usually stay at the Poly, we've stayed at AKL once, and we will be at the GF in September for DD's Birthday maybe we'll get one there :wizard: .

Tina

DisneyWisher
08-29-2005, 02:41 AM
We haven't gotten towel animals, but have had DD's stuffed animals arranged in cute scenarios. One night, they were in a pillow "fort"; another night, Minnie was in a pillow "castle", and Mickey was "climbing" a towel to rescue her from Stitch. Very cute!!!
I think this stuff is cuter than the towel animals. We bring my DD12's stuffed animals, whether staying at a Deluxe or Value they have arrange them in cute ways. At WL we went to BB for the day. When we returned they had set up the stuffed animals as if they were going down a towel slide and Pooh was had DD's sunglasses and was getting a "tan". Another time they were all watching Kryssa and Pooh was hogging the remote. We all like that at the Values they make scenes in the windows. Even if not ours we like looking at the window displays(you can never see into the room).

dixipixi
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I just thought I would clarify my vote.

I voted always because we get at least one on each trip. We don't necessarily get one every day.

When DS was 4, he was into collecting dinosaurs. I think mousekeeping could tell we had a little one in the room because of all the toys around. Every day we had at least one small towel animal and his toys were arranged cleverly around the room.

The last trip (we now have teens), I think they could tell there were no small children around so for the duration of the trip (10 nights), we only had 3 small towel animals. We did have our towels folded cleverly in the bathroom...I think they thought adults would appreciate that more.

I do believe they tend to make more creations for children and special guests (honeymooners, anniversaries, etc.).

We have to remember that they work on a schedule also and it's just fine with me if they short me on the towel animals to provide something nice for young children.