PDA

View Full Version : When to reserve for weeks of Dec 15-24 2006?

Daydreamer64
08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
We're expecting a new baby this Christmas :3dglasses and it's a tradition to take our kids to WDW around one years old for MVMCP Christmas family pics so we would like to continue this for this little one too - we all benefit from the trip and it makes for great pics of the one year old for Christmas so...

two questions--

1) ...I've plugged in the dates over Christmas week for 2006 (next Christmas not this one ) and the hotels show no availability for those dates?? - so I thought it was too early to make reservations -

BUT>>> Then I plugged in Dec 15 - 24, 2006 and rooms are available for POR- this is almost a year and a half early and there are no rooms over Christams to New Years week ?? Are the rooms not available yet or already sold out?

2).... I know that our past experience with making a reservation during the last days of "value season" that continue into the next season - say for example peak season that you would normally pay the going rate for the whole trip that your first night requires at "value" rate without any room rent raise when peak season occures during your trip-

however- does this still work for holiday rates? If I we check in on Dec 15th 2006 ( last few days of value rates ) and the holiday room rates come into effect say on Dec 18th then do we still pay for the whole stay at value or are there room rate changes during our stay??

Our kids will be in 7th and 5th grades next Christmas and it's too hard for them to miss school and maintain straight "A"'s ( vacations are considered unexcused here in Georgia so they can't get make up work for full grades )so we are stuck with school vacation breaks for travel. I would LOVE to travel during the second week of Dec- it's great then - all decked out for the holidays but low crowds- oh well.... :guilty:

TIA for all your help- I'm stuck on bed rest, feeling as big as a house and waiting patiently for this little one to get born :hourglass - I'm bored to death so what better way to spend my time then planning our next trip! :p Especially if I need to get the reservations settled now for Dec. 2006???!

Terk-1
08-28-2005, 09:53 AM
If you want to book directly through Disney, I'd give CRO a call and see if you can book either a package or at least a room only for your dates for next December. The other option is to contact your local AAA office and see if they can book it for you. I believe that the 2006 rates & packages are out already. If you can't seem to book through either of these, ask why and when these dates will become available.

Daydreamer64
08-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks Terek-1, I was surprised that the rooms were already booked- I guess I need to call CRO to make it all official - I'd rather call and book to make sure that we can get the rooms then wait and lose them. :cool1:

krbq
08-28-2005, 03:09 PM
A CM once told us that the hotels are already booked for Christmas week for the next five years. If that's true, at least you could get on a waiting list since people do change their plans. It would probably be best to call CSO as soon as possible.

Daydreamer64
08-29-2005, 07:55 AM
WOW- 5 years! :earseek: :earseek: I better get on the ball then and get those rooms! for the week before. :teeth:

rkmassa
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Your dates are not really the busy season. The 25th to Jan 1st is the busy time. We have been twice during your time--the week before--with no problems making reservations. This year is our third trip. We are staying the 17th to 27th. No problems making reservations for POR. I have even been checking online about switching and still find rooms available. We have AAA rates right now. I can switch to the Best Rate Program, but hate the nonrefundable deposit and no flexibility with moving dates.

Point is...

You have time.

Not sure I believe the "booked for the next 5 Christmas seasons." The rates are not out for 2007 and beyond. Can't book what you don't have rates for.

canwegosoon
08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
The other thing is if you get really desperate, I would consider renting points from a DVC member...we can not book before the 11 month window, so there is no way all rooms are gone(but they might be right around the 11 month mark, so if you are considering this I would do my home work now and by November I would starttrying to make arrangements). I don't rent points(I never seem to have any extra), but if you watch on the rent board you will begin to see some familiar posters. :sunny:

wrldpossibility
08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Our dates are the 10th-20th, so a little ahead of you, but I read Holiday rates don't start until the 21st. Going on the 15th, I'm surprised you can't find availability. :confused3 We booked ours through DU. As far as Christmas being booked 5 years out, I thought you couldn't book more than 500 days out. :confused3 I'm sure someone with much more experience than I will answer! ;)

Amy
FIRST Trip to WDW at POR Dec. 06 :banana:

phisigprincess
08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I just booked Dec. 9-16 2006 and it's still under the "value" prices. I don't know if that would work in your schedule, but WDW is decorated for Christmas and rarin' to go by that week. If you have any flexibility it might be an option to consider. :)

dreamalittledream
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Hope I can help, I have booked 11/30-12/11 2006 so I just went thru all of this.
you can book 499 days from the LAST night you want, so you are fine there. I would call CRO and get a helpful CM (try back if you have trouble) I called 5 times to book what I needed to book, they were having problems pulling up certain rooms and dates at CR. AAA was not coming up at all. I had to book regular rate and will need to call back to get the disc rate later.

You don't say where you want to stay but I know they cannot be completely booked yet. I believe you are correct about the rate schedule also. It carries over from when you check in.

I would book as soon as you are able, one less thing to worry about when your new addition comes along. Congrats!

Daydreamer64
08-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks all!

For the dates of 12/15 through 12/24 there are rooms available- I wanted to visit for the week of Christmas through New Years but we will be happy to go the first week of the kids school vacation.

It's going to be kind of tough to drive home Christmas Eve and get ready for Santa but it's worth the experience!

When are they expecting the AAA rates for Dec. 2006 to be available?? Does anyone know so I don't miss the chance to get the lower rates?

TIA :goodvibes

Frankiesmom
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I just booked today for 12/27/06-1/2/07. I didn't have a problem;but maybe because it's after Xmas?

thunderbird1
08-31-2005, 12:35 AM
2).... I know that our past experience with making a reservation during the last days of "value season" that continue into the next season - say for example peak season that you would normally pay the going rate for the whole trip that your first night requires at "value" rate without any room rent raise when peak season occures during your trip-

however- does this still work for holiday rates? If I we check in on Dec 15th 2006 ( last few days of value rates ) and the holiday room rates come into effect say on Dec 18th then do we still pay for the whole stay at value or are there room rate changes during our stay??

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry about the bed rest, though. :sad1:

And yes, the value season "carryover" should still work with holiday room rates. As I understand it, all that matters is your check-in date. We're even getting AP rates for the week of Christmas because we're checking in the last two days of value season. In my opinion, it's one of the best kept secrets (not on these boards, though!) for saving money on a Disney trip. Good luck getting booked!

Daydreamer64
08-31-2005, 04:37 PM
TKS Thunderbird1 and all of you for the information:wave2: