PDA

View Full Version : Room only or package?

Nanu57v
08-28-2005, 08:08 AM
So DH said that our previously cancelled December trip may be back on! :cheer2: I heard a rumor the free dining may come back, has anyone else heard that? So I should probably make my room ressies. I've been on a Disney fast for a few months since Disney stuff reminded me of the trip, so I'm out of practice.

Can I make a room only ressie now, and then add the tix and dining later if no free dining package comes up?

Nanu57v
08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh, I also have AAA.

Terk-1
08-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Have not heard of the free dining coming back and am doubtful it will as the holiday season brings more people than hurricane season.

You can only book a "room-only" through Disney directly. If you want to do a room only, then change it to a package, you will have to book this through AAA. I had booked an extra night at the beginning of my stay as a room only with AAA, as I was coming in late the night before and did not need dining or passes. I then changed it to a day with dining and passes, as I was able to secure an early morning flight. As the packages cannot exceed 10 days per package, she just shifted the room only to the end. I still have dining, passes and meals from that Thursday through the following Saturday, but not for Sunday (which is fine, as I will be leaving early in the morning to head home).

edingerc
08-28-2005, 10:08 AM
When you change your res from a room-only to a packeage, you lose your discount. Not only did I lose my AP discount, but I had to buy a single-day basic park ticket.

Terk-1
08-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Both my room only & my package were at the AAA discount. When I added the pass & meal plan to the first day, I did get that at the AAA discount. I did not lose any AAA discounts.

edingerc
08-28-2005, 01:28 PM
If they honored your discount, I don't see why they had to take away my AP discount for the room :(

Nanu57v
08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Are packages refundable at all? My mom told me she thought a package was refundable up to 45 days before the trip. Is this true? If it is, I'll just go ahead and book the package straightaway.

indigoxtreme
08-28-2005, 07:50 PM
For the AAA discount you have to book through AAA for the package with dining to get the discount, you cannot book it through Disney for the package.

Yes you can get a refund up to 45 days out. After that it varies the amount you can get back. But all packages, not room only, have to be paid in full by 45 das.

DebbieB
08-28-2005, 07:52 PM
If they honored your discount, I don't see why they had to take away my AP discount for the room :(

AAA offers discounts on both room only and packages. AP's are setup for discounts only on room only because there are no packages with AP's. AP room only discounts are usually better than AAA.

minnie61650
08-28-2005, 08:37 PM
AAA offers discounts on both room only and packages. AP's are setup for discounts only on room only because there are no packages with AP's. AP room only discounts are usually better than AAA.

AAA does discount Pacages but not with free dining.
There is no "double dipping".
You muct choose AAA discount ?or the free Dining. You can't have both.
Have a wonderful time at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo