PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever brought a towel animal home?

RadioFanatic
08-28-2005, 05:39 AM
I admit I did on our last trip :rolleyes1 - I brought a little bird. :blush:

minnie61650
08-28-2005, 05:40 AM
I have'nt brought any home. But I do have lots of pictures and wonderful memories of them.
Linda ::MinnieMo

ECurto
08-28-2005, 05:47 AM
Yes..... were we not souposed to? lol

I figure 495.00 a night, i can have a .20 cents washcloth.

WOW IM GRUMPY THIS MORNING.

Still waiting for my AP rates!

DisneyMomx7
08-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Yes, because the mousekeeping supervisor told me that they were a gift and to please take them home. I agree for what we paid at the GF they could certainly afford to "give" us the towel animals but I wouldn't have taken them home if they hadn't told me they were a gift.

bevemjake
08-28-2005, 06:06 AM
Yes. Our mousekeeper said it was ours to keep. :flower:

Now here come the responses that I am "stealing". :rolleyes:

daisyduck123
08-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Yes, I admit I took some this past April. I have decorated my daughters bathroom totally Mickey. It looks great! The towel animals are in there too..it's just another reminder of our awesome Disney trips. All of her friends think they are terrific & want to get them too.

Alicnwondrln
08-28-2005, 07:27 AM
ahhh grabbing my popcorn

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 07:33 AM
"Have you ever brought a towel animal home?"

No, but I do bring home the robes, the ice buckets, the lightbulbs and the clockradio!!!

PamNC
08-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Of course! I have 3 that live in my bathroom on a shelf.

PamNC

jennymouse
08-28-2005, 07:46 AM
I haven't but my 80yo Dad did!lol I didn't know it until we got home and I saw it sitting on his dresser. I've turned him completely into a WDW nut.hehe

Laurajean1014
08-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Sorry, but I think it's not right to take towels from a resort. Just asking a CM is scary. It's not right to take a resort's towels home.

Laurajean1014
08-28-2005, 08:00 AM
I have'nt brought any home. But I do have lots of pictures and wonderful memories of them.

Bravo! :flower:

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 08:04 AM
So, next comes the part where someone says, "But CMs tell you to take them", and someone else says "It's still wrong", and then we'll start the "what kind of example are you setting for your children"....am I getting this right? ;)

Zandy595
08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow, I didn't know anyone would even consider taking them home. Interesting.

DisneyMomx7
08-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Just for the record I didn't specifically ask to take our towel animals home. I was commenting to the supervisor how cute they were (after we had terrible problems with mousekeeping) and how it was the first time we had ever gotten them. It was the mousekeeping Supervisor who told me to take them home and enjoy., Obviously people on the boards know more than the mousekeeping supervisor but I'll take the supervisor's word for it.

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 08:52 AM
, Obviously people on the boards know more than the mousekeeping supervisor but I'll take the supervisor's word for it.

Well, obviously!!! ;)

You're fine! Enjoy it! People just love to catfight about towel animals, I've noticed! It's obviously a touchy subject for some reason. (towel animal envy? ;) )

taximomfor4
08-28-2005, 09:49 AM
We were told my the mousekeeper in the note she wrote to my dd7 (my dd had written her a big thank you note) that the towel animals were for us to keep....most of them were even markered on in the making. We did take some...just chose carefully the smaller, more compact, cutest, most intricate ones. Don't know how all of yours were made, but ours were made with washcloths or towels (depending on animal size), pipe cleaners, rubber bands, stickers, and marker. We even double checked when the mousekeeping supervisor called to check that our rooms had been ok so far. She too told us that they are for us to keep as souvenirs.

We left most of them, though, anyway... made of multiple towels, big, not markered on so re-usable IMO, and didn't want to be greedy! We got, I believe, 19 towel animals (including a multi-towel swimming pool) and brought home 5 small ones.

Maybe I did wrong, it seemed to me that there was no question they were intended to keep since we had it in writing from the mousekeeper, and on the phone from the supervisor of mousekeeping. I suppose if I did wrong, I will bring them back next trip and leave them in my room. OOPS!

Zandy595
08-28-2005, 09:57 AM
If they told you they were your's to take home, you didn't do anything wrong by taking them. I just always assumed you shouldn't take them. Has anyone ever been told to take them home from a value resort? Just curious if it's only at the deluxes.

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey! Am I the only one in the world who never got one? We've stayed at all of the Deluxes, and plenty of the other's, we've had the kids' stuffed animals laid out in cute displays, but in dozens of trips over the years, not one towel animal.

What gives????? :earboy2:

Cookie55
08-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey! Am I the only one in the world who never got one? We've stayed at all of the Deluxes, and plenty of the other's, we've had the kids' stuffed animals laid out in cute displays, but in dozens of trips over the years, not one towel animal.

What gives????? :earboy2:
I just got back from my 12th visit to WDW where I received my first and only towel animal...and yeah I brought it home!!!!

allie&mattsmom
08-28-2005, 10:21 AM
We had our first couple of towel animals waiting for us when we checked in at the BCV's a few weeks ago. They were sitting on top of the entertainment center. I didn't even think about taking them home. Hmmm...maybe I should have. They were really cute! (Although come to think of it, I couldn't squish another thing in my luggage!!! ;) )

*Fantasia*
08-28-2005, 11:13 AM
"Have you ever brought a towel animal home?"

No, but I do bring home the robes, the ice buckets, the lightbulbs and the clockradio!!!
and the blow drier... and coffee maker!.. let's not forget the iron. :rotfl:
HELLOOO!! You're missing something major here! Ah! Don't forget the TV! Forget the rest! You guys can keep the towels! :teeth:

Miss Inga Depointe
08-28-2005, 11:20 AM
and the blow drier... and coffee maker!.. let's not forget the iron. :rotfl:
HELLOOO!! You're missing something major here! Ah! Don't forget the TV! Forget the rest! You guys can keep the towels! :teeth:

:rotfl:Oh, but I always get my towels from the Maid's cart out in the hall. If I take a nice big stack of them home every year, I never have to buy them at home!!!!! See? Don't over look the towels! They can be expensive.

If fact, enough of those little soaps and shampoos -- think of the savings there!!!!

SaraMc
08-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Man oh Man we had a flock of towel animals in our room on our last trip. Had I known I would have kept the little bunny. He was soo cute. The Kissing swans wouldnt have made it home, they kept leaping off the Tv and were falling apart. Wow.. I got to let DH know, I just thought they recycled them and stuff. :earboy2:

AngKWhite
08-28-2005, 11:44 AM
One room attendant told us they don't reuse the wash cloths. Only the towels. If they are "throw away", might as well have it as a nice souvineer.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
08-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Ditto...............our favorite was the on the Magic--a monkey hanging off a clothes hanger.

Troy08
08-28-2005, 04:33 PM
We recieved two small ones. a mouse and a rabbit. I felt no qualms at all about taking them home! For 273.62 a night, I think Disney can afford to absorb the cost of two facecloths. I have them sitting on a shelf with some other Disney souvenirs. The towel animals are quite a conversation getter.

If Disney didn;'t expect people to take them home, especially the small ones, they would not instruct mousekeeping to take the time to leave them in the first place. :goodvibes

Micca
08-28-2005, 04:40 PM
No towel animals, but when I got the tv home I was so disappointed I couldn't get resort tv on it. :earboy2: Dialing 56 for same day dining isn't working for me either :confused3

Frances999
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Yes, we took all of our towel animals from our last trip home. Our mousekeeper told us they were ours to keep. :)

:wizard:

mickeysaver
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Wow, I didn't know anyone would even consider taking them home. Interesting.

Me either. Not that I would not have liked to have had the cute creatures that we were surprised with during our last trip, but the thought of taking the towel creatures home, just never crossed my mind. Maggie

NeverlandClub23
08-28-2005, 05:40 PM
No towel animals, but when I got the tv home I was so disappointed I couldn't get resort tv on it. :earboy2: Dialing 56 for same day dining isn't working for me either :confused3

That's so upsetting! Now my TV stealing plan has fallen all apart. :(

zak'smom
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
No animals, maybe because there were no children in the room. However, we did get a towel basket - eh, that is a basket made out of towels with a towel handle and holding about eight rolled up washcloths. All over the basket were mulitcolored stickey dots in neon colors. There were too many towels involved to even think of stuffing it in my suitcase, but I have nice pictures!!
We stayed at AASP.

skiwee1
08-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Sorry, but I think it's not right to take towels from a resort. Just asking a CM is scary. It's not right to take a resort's towels home.

Maybe you think not but the GM at the Poly and the supervisor of mousekeeping told me they are to take home. Perhaps you should speak to them about this! LOL!

mouseketeerwannabe
08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Yes, we take our favorite ones home.

On my recent solo trip to WL, I saw the housekeeper my family had always had on our previous trips. I mentioned to her how much we still enjoyed some of the towel animals she had made for us. She told me that she had learned to make Mickey and Minnie ones and wanted to make sure I had those to take home. . When she found out I was leaving the next morning, she came to my room as soon as she got to work, made Mickey, Minnie, and kissing swans, folded them up for me and said, "I know how to fold them so they travel well."

If they are made out of washcloths, guests are free to take them home. Diana, the WL housekeeper, adds eyes and decorations to them. They would not be reused.