PDA

View Full Version : GF Spa Question

DWHooked
08-27-2005, 06:59 PM
I have reservations for 4 at the GF Spa for our 2 kids (12 & 7 manicure/ pedicure) and massages for DH & I, for the middle of our trip to WDW.

I'm a little concerned now, because when I made some changes to the reservation, and discussed some things with the receptionist, I have to say, she was very...snooty. I'm a little afraid! Plus, that's a lot of money!

Anyway, will I be dealing with very high-classed snobs here? :confused3 Should I go somewhere else for our very needed massages? :confused3

Only 2 weeks to go!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ducklite
08-27-2005, 07:11 PM
NOt snooty IMHO, but here's an option:

As far as the manicures/pedicures go, call Fingers and Toes on the Go, TC comes right to yoru room and charges about 1/4 what the GF Spa does for the same treatment. 352.255.2915

Then perhaps book massages one at a time for you and your DH so that one of you can be with your daughters while the other is off relaxing for a morning getting a treatment.

Anne

MickeyMac
08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
I've had some issues with the front desk check-in, however, the attitude stops at the door. The therapists there were amazing. My DD (8) got a bit bored, while I wanted to spend hours just soaking in the sauna and whirlpool. We both enjoyed our massages, and she had a My First Manicure, complete with little hidden mickeys. We had a wonderful time.

disneyholic family
08-27-2005, 08:18 PM
we were just there last week and they were really nice....front desk and therapists....
we walked in without an appointment on the chance they'd have time for my daughter who wanted a manicure/pericure (she's 21)...
they had time right away for one but not both, so she opted for the pedicure..
she said it was absolutely spectacular.....i waited for her in the women's lounge (the receptionist showed me back to it and said i could make myself comfortable and wait for my daughter there)...
i didn't feel at all uncomfortable...
and the spa was very nice and i look forward to going back and indulging myself as well next time....

johnsonet
08-27-2005, 08:48 PM
deleted

WDW LifeLong Fan
08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
DWHooked
First of all, they really are not snotty in person. There is one girl who is a little "off" on the phone whom I've dealt with a few times. She's harmless, just sort of tactless :rolleyes: Try not to let it get to you. You will love the GF Spa . There are at least 2 girls at the front desk who are real sweethearts! And every therapist I have ever had there is great (massage, facial and nails).
My daughter (9) had the My First Facial in early August and LOVED it! She also had the My First Pedicure.
I am going to give you my opinion:
Skip the treatments for your DDs (or take them separately) and use the $$ to upgrade yourself and DH to 80-minute massages at 5pm or later. Take your girls to the Polynesian's "Neverland Club" which opens at 4pm ($10/hour per child, which includes dinner). Allow yourself enough time to drop the children, stroll over the the GF Spa (about a 10-min. walk), check in, shower and relax w/ a magazine and a cup of herbal tea :cloud9: . After your massages, you and your DH can shower, dress and have a drink at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly - then go pick up the kids! They will have had a blast - and so will you and your DH. You will enjoy your massage much more if you have the time and opportunity to truly decompress!
Enjoy!

Liz is the expert! :worship:

DWHooked
08-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks all! Liz, your suggestion sounds absolutely heavenly! I'll be looking into it asap! We truely appreciate WDW for its efforts in service and attention to detail. I'd hate to think we'd be let down by scheduling these massages at GF.

CAN IT BE! :earseek: 14 DAYS TO GO!!!! :jumping1:

DWHooked
08-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Can anyone tell me more about the Never Land Club?

JELBoggio
08-28-2005, 10:00 PM
I would like to get my DH and I massages while our kids are on the pirate adventure from the GF. I can't make that ressie until 90 days prior. Since I'm not sure which date I get, I won't know which day to get the massage. How far in advance should you book a spa service? :confused3 Also, does anyone know if they do a couples massage during the day? I downloaded the brochure and it said evening so I wasn't sure... I may take the other posts suggestion and keep the kids at the Poly's Neverland Club (we will be staying at the Poly) and do the massages at night and then get a drink at the GF with DH. :teeth:

goofie4goofy
08-28-2005, 11:11 PM
What is a very high classed snob anyway???

She is answering the phone, you are the guest who is paying a lot of money for a luxurious service. Why are YOU intimidated?? If it were not for the guests booking services, she would be jobless receptionist.

There is no such thing as a high classed snooty snob, it is just YOUR perception. Maybe she sees you (the guest) as a very high class snooty snob because you are spending what she earns in a month on spa services.

See...all a state of mind.

johnsonet
08-29-2005, 05:25 AM
deleted

DWHooked
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I keep trying to reach the Never Land Club at 407 824 2184 but am getting nothing! Is there another number for them? Also, when I make a reservation with them, do I have to be staying at Poly??? Or Disney?!?!?! And do I have to give them exact drop off/pick up times? (I'm getting so excited, I can barely stand it!) :rotfl:

ducklite
08-29-2005, 08:11 AM
I keep trying to reach the Never Land Club at 407 824 2184 but am getting nothing! Is there another number for them? Also, when I make a reservation with them, do I have to be staying at Poly??? Or Disney?!?!?! And do I have to give them exact drop off/pick up times? (I'm getting so excited, I can barely stand it!) :rotfl:

Unless something has changed, the WDW childcare services are limited to guests of WDW resorts. It's an insurance issue.

Anne

JELBoggio
08-29-2005, 08:32 AM
JELBoggio
The Pirate Cruise doesn't really leave you enough time to get your massage, IMO. I think it's an hour and a half. Maybe 2. You have to sign them in, sign a form, get your beeper, etc. You will want to see the children off as they pull out of the Marina, wave, take photos, etc. You'll also want to be there in time to see them come in...
I recommend taking them to the Neverland Club (they will LOVE it!) and take your time getting to and from your massage. I really think you'll enjoy yourselves much more :cloud9:
Also - you don't need to worry about booking your appt. very far in advance. A few weeks' time would be PLENTY :teeth:

Thank you for the information! I think you make a great point and your way sounds more relaxing for us! :flower:

johnsonet
08-29-2005, 09:29 AM
deleted

DWHooked
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:wave: I could use that massage now! :hyper: