PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ?

monica31671
08-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I want to stay at Port Orleans in January 06. I am taking my dad who has severe back pain and my eight year old son who is a diabetic. I really need to be close to a food court and bus stop. I like the looks of Magnolia Bend the best, but it looks like I might be better off choosing FQ. Any opinions?
My dad will rent a wheel chair at every park, but he doesn't want to mess with one at the resort.
Thanks in advance.

rcraw45425
08-27-2005, 02:49 PM
We stayed at FQ in July and regretted not being at Riverside because of all the activities and the TS restaurant. THat being said the FQ is more compact and may be easier to manuver for your party. HTH!

Dizneydaz
08-27-2005, 03:02 PM
We like FQ best! We've stayed at FQ twice and POR once. We felt POR was too big! We also like to be by the food court, pool, and parking lot. My DD6 absolutely loves the pool at FQ. Since the remodel, the rooms at FQ are even nicer-we like to curtain at the sink area-very nice. Just my 2 cents worth.

(Oh, and I've read somewhere on these boards that some resorts have wheelchairs available for use while staying on property-I believe they are free but limited in supply-check this out)

19 days and counting!!! :grouphug:

lovethattink
08-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I love Magnolia Bend, however, it is a good distance to the food court. POFQ is probably your best bet since he won't want to be walking too much.

Pooh67_68
08-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter. ::yes::

problemchild718
08-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Just returned from a stay at POR. I was in a wheel chair due to a broken leg. I requested a ground floor room near the food court and bus stop. We ended up in Alligator Byou building 14. It was a very close walk to the food court/main building and the bus stop. It was also very near the quiet pool and not far from the main pool. I would have liked Magnolia Bend for the building style and decor, but our room was great. I would have loved the rustic style furniture if I were a kid (I am a kid trapped in a grown up body!!!)