PDA

View Full Version : Mug and Transportation ?s - POR

BlsdMama
08-27-2005, 11:09 AM
We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside in February. From what I understand, you can take the ferry from POR to DTD. How do I get to MK or Epcot? Is the bus my only option? :crowded: Is it within walking distance to Epcot?

Second question: The mugs can be filled at the eating places at POR or POFQ? What may I fill them with? I've heard only coffee... is that so? Or does it include things like hot chocolate, or cappucino, or lemonade, or soda? :drinking1 We're trying to decide if we should get them for the kiddos or not! (I think we will have dining included.) Thank you!

eeyore45
08-27-2005, 11:41 AM
we're going in Oct!!

Through my research the buses are a great transportation system, but several stops for both resorts, stopping at POFQ first... but varying reports on whether its truly crowded at all times! it seems like it just depends! It would be nice if there was a schedule, every hour on the hour buses come here etc... and

For mugs, there are 3 of us, dh, dd 8, and me - I got 2 mugs, in the morning dh made coffee in the room, or I bought him a cup... I had tea in mine, then later in the day we'd fill it with soda, or juice!! (several times a day, any time by the pool, we even filled it with our own supplies from our grocery stop!) Since they are sister resorts they do share the same mug, so it does work in both resorts (but dont ask about bringing it back next year, or taking it to another resort :rotfl2: )

and of course now at home, its a wonderful souveneir!