PDA

View Full Version : Best Bar at a Resort?

Briarmom
08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Which resort has the best bar? I would be leaving the kids with dh and getting away with friends. We'd like a nice bar to hang out in at our resort. All opinions welcome!

DznyLvr2005
08-27-2005, 11:08 AM
I liked Port Orleans Riverside bar by the pool. Nice and quiet and they make the best pina coladas!

twotoohappy
08-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Jellyrolls at the boardwalk. It's a short walk from BW,BWV, BC, BCV,YC, Swan and Dolphin. Everynight it draws a great crowd and it's lots of fun! The piano men are great, sing-alongs, etc. They play anything! The bartenders dance on the bar, the servers dance on stage, everyone in the audience gets up during different parts of the night to sing/dance along with them too. We had fun doing the time-warp, the green grass grows all around, shout, etc. Lots of fun! :cool1:

QueenOfCelts
08-27-2005, 12:07 PM
We think World Showcase at Epcot is the best bar in the world! Stay at a resort in the Epcot area and just walk or boat to the International Gateway (between England and France) and there you are, right in the middle of it. Lots of drinks to be had and awesome scenery.

I know that wasn't exactly the info you were looking for, so if I had to pick a lounge AT a resort........The Territory Lounge at WL. There a quite a few delicious cocktails on their menu (although they will make anything you want) and I believe the appetizer's etc. are handled by Artist Point.

Good Luck! :goodvibes

jackmac
08-27-2005, 12:27 PM
I agree with the other posters, the Epcot area is the best for bars. JellyRolls is the most fun of all of the bars, ESPN is a great place to watch games (get there early for a big game). At the Yacht Club you have the Crews Cup lounge, a nice dark wood and leather seating place, next to the Yachtsman Steak House. The Beach Club has Martha's Vineyard, a very nice quiet wine bar. The Belle Vue room is another nice quiet lounge at the Boardwalk Inn. Plenty to choose from and the whole spectrum of refined to raucus. Have fun.

MdmMim
08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Tambu Lounge at the Poly is our favorite! :cool1: :drinking1

Briarmom
08-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Jellyrolls at the boardwalk. It's a short walk from BW,BWV, BC, BCV,YC, Swan and Dolphin. Everynight it draws a great crowd and it's lots of fun! The piano men are great, sing-alongs, etc. They play anything! The bartenders dance on the bar, the servers dance on stage, everyone in the audience gets up during different parts of the night to sing/dance along with them too. We had fun doing the time-warp, the green grass grows all around, shout, etc. Lots of fun! :cool1:

I love Jellyrolls!

copper68
08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
which resort will you be staying at?

MrsNick
08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I loved Victoria Falls in AKL

Briarmom
08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
which resort will you be staying at?

Don't know. Wanted to check out the bar scene before making plans!
:teeth:

MissionMouse
08-27-2005, 03:09 PM
If bars are your thing...the Epcot Resort area is where you should look to stay. You have the Boardwalk Resort Area (Lodging: Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club) and Epcot's World Showcase. :drinking1

If you are looking for late night bar activity you should be looking for a place around Downtown Disney. :rockband: :drinking1

MandaPerry
08-27-2005, 04:21 PM
We think World Showcase at Epcot is the best bar in the world! Stay at a resort in the Epcot area and just walk or boat to the International Gateway (between England and France) and there you are, right in the middle of it. Lots of drinks to be had and awesome scenery.

I know that wasn't exactly the info you were looking for, so if I had to pick a lounge AT a resort........The Territory Lounge at WL. There a quite a few delicious cocktails on their menu (although they will make anything you want) and I believe the appetizer's etc. are handled by Artist Point.

Good Luck! :goodvibes

I got the best Bloody Mary I ever had at the Territory Lounge at WL!

Manda's Mom

EsmeraldaX
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Victoria Falls is nice and quiet. :)

Jellyrolls is the exact opposite of quiet. :)

Mainestreetpixie
08-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Which resort has the best bar? I would be leaving the kids with dh and getting away with friends. We'd like a nice bar to hang out in at our resort. All opinions welcome!

For me it depends on the drink..I have a couple of faves

The Stormalong at Hurricane Hannahs at the Beach Club and the Belle View (sp?) at the Boardwalk for the Chocolate Martini's, but ONLY if Allen makes them!!

allie&mattsmom
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I have to agreee with the above posters about the Epcot area. Ya just can't go wrong and you have so many choices. When we were at the BCV's earlier this month I enjoyed my occasional drinks by SAB. We also spent some time in Martha's Vineyard (bar/lounge at BC). It's such a nice option to have to be able to walk over to Epcot and hit some of the drink spots there or to head over to BW. There you have Jelly Rolls, ESPN Zone, and the bars at the BW resort. I love my bars too! ;)

ducklite
08-27-2005, 06:09 PM
You asked for best lounge at a RESORT.

My answers will be for RESORT lounges.

Victoria Falls at the AKL is wonderful.

The Bellevue Room at the BW is also a great place to have cocktails.

Mizners at the GF would be another great choice.

We also really like the small lounge on the backside of the Cape May Cafe at the BC, and often stop there for a nightcap.

If you want to get a bit dressed up, and take the chance of being turned away if it's busy, the bar at the California Grill is wonderful with the best wine selection in WDW, and you can order appetizers.

I would stay away from pool bars, it's quite possible they won't be open in teh evening or due to inclement weather, depending on when your trip is. I also don't like the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian for the sheer number of overflow people waiting to be seated at O'Hana.

Anne

roger_ramjet
08-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Tambu Lounge is great in the afternoon - the seats are comfy and the drinks are tall! Outer Rim lounge in the Contemporary is nice, too, and has good views over Bay Lake. Check out the bartender's chocolate Martini ;)

sweet angel
08-27-2005, 08:52 PM
I thought Victoria Falls at AKL was a bit too stuffy, although we did have a couple there (and it smells great!). I really liked the pool bar there though -- and the Hakuna Matatas and Mt. Killimaritas were awesome!

WDW LifeLong Fan
08-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Three of our favorites,

Mizners - GF
Crews Cup - YC/BC
Victoria Falls - AKL

Have Fun!
:banana:

ducklite
08-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I thought Victoria Falls at AKL was a bit too stuffy, although we did have a couple there (and it smells great!). I really liked the pool bar there though -- and the Hakuna Matatas and Mt. Killimaritas were awesome!

Stuffy? Victoria Falls? Huh??

Anne

sweet angel
08-28-2005, 08:46 AM
It was when we were there. It was all old people and very very quiet.

ducklite
08-28-2005, 08:56 AM
It was when we were there. It was all old people and very very quiet.

Quiet doesn't mean stuffy. It's not supposed to be a raccous place--if you want that then head to PI. After a day in the parks, most people do'nt want a crazy spring break atmosphere, they want a quiet place to unwind. Again, quiet doesn't mean stuffy...

Anne

sweet angel
08-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Not looking to offend. Just offering my opinion.

QueenOfCelts
08-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Not looking to offend. Just offering my opinion.

YOU are not offending anyone! Thank you for your honest opinion. I don't care for "STUFFY" lounges either. ;)

Englands Disney Gang
08-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi

Can someone tell me if the let children in at Jellyrolls and the Sports Bar?? Also whats the best time to get to Jellyrolls and do they serve food?
Thanks for any help! :Pinkbounc

kellympmo
08-28-2005, 01:34 PM
We love the Belle Vue Lounge at the BWI and never miss it. We also enjoyed the Outer Rim at the CR before heading up the the California Grill (their bar was too crowded). Both places are very relaxing.

Jellyrolls is lots of fun, but not relaxing in the same way as the above bars. As to the questions on Jellyrolls...I don't think kids are allowed as we have always been carded there. But, we always go late and I guess it's possible they may let them in earlier in the night. I have only seen popcorn served there. ESPN allows kids.

Where is Victoria Falls? Is that the bar above Boma? We really like that bar, but I have not thought it quiet, just the opposite during dinner. Am I confused as to which bar that is?

sweet angel
08-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Yes, Victoria Falls is the bar above Boma. I never said I didn't like it, just that it was quiet. Very pretty, smelled great, but quiet. JMHO.

D&R love Disney
08-28-2005, 02:57 PM
My two favorites are the Belle Vue Lounge and the Territory Lounge.

Pixiedust34
08-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Muddy Rivers at Port Orleans Riverside. It's poolside, and it has a nice, shaded deck.

sotoalf
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
If you stay on the monorail line, you can do what my friends refer to as the Monorail Crawl. Start at the CR's Outer Rim Lounge, proceed to the Polynesian's Tambu Lounge (bearing in mind what ducklite said: the overflow from 'Ohanas can make seating impossible), and end the evening at Mizner's Lounge, which is my favorite lounge in WDW.

ducklite
08-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me if the let children in at Jellyrolls and the Sports Bar?? Also whats the best time to get to Jellyrolls and do they serve food?
Thanks for any help! :Pinkbounc

Jellyrolls NEVER allows anyone under 21 for any reason, period. THe only food they serve is popcorn.

ESPN is basically a sports themed TGIF, all ages welcome.

Anne

Disney Doll
08-28-2005, 07:47 PM
If you're looking for quiet places, I like the Territory Lounge at WL, the Crew's Cup at YC, Martha's Vineyard at the BC, the Bellevue Room at the boardwalk.

Jellyrolls is a lot of fun, but it is loud and raucous, with the dueling pianos and singing along. ESPN is also fun, but there is constant noise from all the TVs with the different sports channels on, and at certain times (weekends I htink) they have a live DJ & therefore constant noise.

EjandMD
08-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Mizner bar at GF is DH favorite. He said it is so much fun cause all the wedding couples come in and have a drink and twice he's been there where someone in the bar bought for everyone. He also once saw the "MR. Natrual Male Enhancement" guy from the commercials and he was posing for pictures with everyone. I have missed this bar everytime so in Dec. DH has said we are spending at least one night there!

MLAinVA
09-18-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm completely cpnvinced that Jelly Rolls is the best bar on property, but I just looked at their schedule for September and I don't see Scotty scheduled to perform. Am I the last to know that he's left me and his other fans? Please someone say it isn't so....

missycj96
09-18-2005, 08:56 AM
my votes in order:

1. lounge at california grill - great view, you can order appetizers or desert (or anything really).

2. territory lounge at WL - nice atmosphere, good snacks.

3. Jelly Rolls - this was very fun - but it is more of a whole evening activity than stopping in at a lounge when you get back to your resort.

4. Muddy Rivers at the Port Orleans Riverside - very cute and it looks like you are on the bayou.

Have fun - remember that if you have DDE, many of the resort lounges take the discount! (I know territory lounge and cal grill do)

TDC Nala
09-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I think Jellyrolls has a cover charge - you may not want to just drop in there unless you intend to stay awhile. I haven't been there, but I have heard that since it is not owned or run by Disney they don't take Disney resort room key charges. Bring cash or a credit card if you're going. This might have changed since I heard about it, but just in case.

I like the Territory Lounge and I've been to the indoor bar at Riverside and it looks like it might be fun at night. I liked Victoria Falls until I had issues with them taking my DDE card. If I want a drink at AKL I go to the little bar downstairs at Jiko now.

Smilin' Bob was at Mizners? Now there is a character meet & greet.

missycj96
09-18-2005, 02:22 PM
We were at Jellyrolls in august - there is a cover charge of about $10. That's why its more of an evening activity then just stopping by for a drink or snack in the evening. I can confirm that they do not take room charges (we asked) but they do take credit cards.