PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any responses...

Viki
08-27-2005, 08:08 AM
so I thought I would repost this question here on the resort board. I guess the questions really is about both - the the AKL resort and Bomas. So I guess it's worth a try!

On our Dec trip I would very much like to fit in a chance for our friends to see AKL. Why?

1. Because we've never seen it and we're planning a week-long vacation there next summer.
2. Because they swear it's their one trip to disney and I thought seeing AKL might seduce them otherwise (maybe they'd even want to come with us next year to help us celebrate???). I think it's their kind of place and the one who is such a snob about disney might loosen up if gets a gander at it.
3. It's the holidays and it would be cool to see one more resort decorated.

OK, but here's the problem, there is no time to do this in the evening; it would have to me for a very late breakfast and when I look at the breakfast buffet at Bomas I am really NOT impressed (and apparently they don't do lunch). While we like the usual fare, we really like exotic stuff, and I'm not seeing any. I was hoping for some few local options beyond the coffee. Can anyone share their experience with me on this? Is is pretty much nice standard breakfast buffet fare, or are there nice surprises that would make this experience stand out for them.

I know it's too bad we can't do Jikos, but that's for next year.

Thank you.

dreamscometrue47
08-27-2005, 10:17 AM
We did breakfast at Boma's in April 2004, and really enjoyed it. However, I don't know if I can help you, because I am the opposite of you, definitely not an exotic food-eater, so if there was something exotic, I don't remember because I would have steared clear! I thought they had some sort of corned beef/potato dish that was unusual (I didn't try it! :) but the veggie breakfast pizza was good. The "usual" food was very good, fruit was fresh, omelets made to perfection. Love the atmosphere.

becky1960
08-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Bomas to me is really about Dinner, if at all possible that would be the time to go. We go there every year since they opened even though we stay at other resorts also. Take a look at menus and you will see the different types of foods. I personnally dont think that the Buffet is too Exotic, to me me it is different but very good. They do have prime rib, fire crusted ribs Etc. Its worth a change in schedule.

Deweysgirl
08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
We had the breakfast buffet at Boma in May. Yes, most of the fare was "traditional" but there were offerings that were unique and different from the norm. We enjoyed it very much and we have eaten at Boma's many times for the dinner buffet but this was our first for breakfast. Afterwards we all wondered what took us so long to try it, it was really super delicious! They also have a breakfast juice called "frunch" which is divine and served at the table in a carafe along with regular OJ if desired. After trying the frunch we all liked it so much better than regular OJ, although the OJ was very fresh and tasty too. I say go for it! :goodvibes

CheshireVal
08-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I think the Boma breakfast buffet has a nice balance of exotic and familiar. They have some interesting bagel spreads and even more interesting breakfast pizza/casserole thingies.

The Frunch is wonderful, and you have to try the pressed pot coffee! Yum!

DebbieB
08-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Boma's breakfast is my favorite breakfast buffet. So many choices.

Cameo
08-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Boma breakfast is our favorite as well. It was really good. If you do want to make a trip over there for just an afternoon visit, don't forget about The Mara. This is how we got our first peek at AKL.

It is their "food court" restaurant, but it has wonderful lunch options. They have the best bacon cheeseburger around. They also serve some of the things you might get at Boma for dinner. They have soup of the day and it was the pepper pot soup when we were there. They also have a cooler case with salads, fruit cups, and dessert samplers. The dessert samplers include zebra domes and some of the other desserts available at Boma. The first time we had lunch here, we had to wait for them to bring out more desserts, but the second time they were well stocked.

Viki
08-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks all. I'm still undecided. It just doesn't sound local enough to make the trek over at the end of our week, just to get a peak at AKL. I'm sorry we couldn't make it for dinner; it sounds like that has more local flavor. We'll have to play it by ear; maybe we'll get inspired by all the pixie dust!

:sunny: :sunny: