PDA

View Full Version : Knowing the Enemy

hans02
08-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Knowing the Enemy (Run a search on Amazon, I can't post URLs yet)
By: Mary Habeck

Okay, Mary Habeck was invited to Iraq by Army Lieutenant General Vines, and she stopped and spoke to us in our unit one night. She was a very informative speaker, and knowledgable about the subject. Well let me give you a littel bit of an overview of what the book is about.

Many of you may remember back to a day in September of 2001. A nice calm morning in the US was disrupted by 19 individuals hijacking planes and using them to crash into economic and defense targets in the US. Well the way Hubeck describes it, after her research into the subject, these attacks are more or less a result of an ideology that began some time in the 1700s. Not 1400 years ago as you will sometime hear Al-Quieda claim. After hearing her speak, and spending time here in Iraq, being in briefing after briefing hearing about the enemies tactics, I found her research to be very knowledgable and from personnal experience, very accurate. I don't want to go into too much detail about her ideas and spoil the book for everyone, but I suggest it for anyone to read.

Oh and one last thing, it might be a good gift idea for someone who is deployed or someone who is interested in this culture.

hans02
08-28-2005, 06:03 AM
No comments about this?