PDA

View Full Version : POFQ to DTD?

Nank
08-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Does the boat between POFQ and DTD run during the day or only at night?

If not, do you take a bus? How long does that take?

conwaym98
08-27-2005, 07:19 AM
I believe the boat runs from about 10 am until around midnight. The boat takes about 5-10 minutes and is a nice trip. There is also bus service which I think runs from 10 am til 1 hour after pleasure island closes.

bevemjake
08-27-2005, 07:38 AM
It seemed to me it ran both day and night. It takes about 10 minutes-a bit longer if you have to go to POR to pick people up. It's a nice ride.

abacobaby
08-27-2005, 07:47 AM
We were there last year at POR and the boat ran in the day and at night. The only difference being that during the day it only leaves every 30 minutes and at night it leaves approx. every 15-20 minutes. The boat doesn't start running until about 10 or 11 in the morning though.

lovethattink
08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
The boat starts running between POR and FQ from 9am 'til 11pm.

Boat service to DTD is from POR is from 11a to 11pm.

I've never taken the bus to DTD. I'd assume it has to be much faster. It takes an hour to go from POR to DTD, so it would be about 10 minutes less to go from POFQ to DTD.

maxiesmom
08-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Take the boat!!! Do not take the bus!!!

We made the mistake of taking the bus when we had just missed the boat. The bus ride was almost an hour long! And the whole time the song "were on the rode to nowhere" was going thru my head! The boat ride is much nicer!

mickeymousemom
08-27-2005, 09:13 AM
The boat starts running between POR and FQ from 9am 'til 11pm.

Boat service to DTD is from POR is from 11a to 11pm.

I've never taken the bus to DTD. I'd assume it has to be much faster. It takes an hour to go from POR to DTD, so it would be about 10 minutes less to go from POFQ to DTD.

I hope you aren't referring to the boat ride when you say it takes an hour. It takes nowhere near this long to get there. We just stayed at POR in December and I'd say it took about 20-30 minutes tops to get from POR to DTD. Its a very nice ride...much rather do this than the busses.

lovethattink
08-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I hope you aren't referring to the boat ride when you say it takes an hour. It takes nowhere near this long to get there. We just stayed at POR in December and I'd say it took about 20-30 minutes tops to get from POR to DTD. Its a very nice ride...much rather do this than the busses.

My last boat ride was in July. I arrived at the dock at POR at 4:00. I waited on the boat dock for about 20 minutes. Not everyone on the dock got on the boat. I was one of the lucky ones who did. The boat then stopped at POFQ to unload, then load passengers (took about 10 minutes). I arrived at the dock of DTD at 5:10. The actual ride from POFQ to DTD was about 20 to 30 minutes.