PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort best room

excited
08-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Any suggestions on the best building/area and room in the CBR? Also why is it the best room? We are going in October and would like to make a request and not sure which would be the best for us. There will be 4 of us (no young kids). Thanks

safetymom
08-26-2005, 05:29 AM
You might want to read through the CBR FAQ's listed below. If you aren't paying extra for a preferred location many people like a room in Jamaica. It is across the lake from Old Port Royale and the main pool. No matter where you stay in CBR you will have a wonderful time. I have a map of the resort up on my website. Trinidad South is the furthest away and would be a longer walk but it is like it's own resort.

LandscapePro_318
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Excited,

We just got back from 6 nights / 7 days at CBR and had a wonderful time.

We were in Aruba building 51. That's right across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the main pool and the last buildong before you get to Jamaica. We found the Jamica's bus stop to be "a few steps" closer than Aruba's stop from our room.

The other half and I are both smokers, so that was the reason for the Jamica request. They have non-smoking rooms as well...

I hope you guys have a great time.. BTW you can see the "higher" fireworks over at Epcot from the outdoor tables by the pool. *wink* and don't forget to eat at Shutters!!! We loved the food..

Mike

CleveRocks
08-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Any suggestions on the best building/area and room in the CBR? Also why is it the best room? We are going in October and would like to make a request and not sure which would be the best for us. There will be 4 of us (no young kids). Thanks
Some people like to be closest to Old Port Royale. That's called "preferred location" and is Trinidad North and part of Martinique. It costs $15 extra per night. It may be preferable for people who don't like walking or have difficulty walking longer distances (OPR has the food court, shops, table-service restaurant, main pool, outdoor bar, etc.).

Many people tout Jamaica as a good location because it's just across the bridge from OPR. My question is, how is this any different from Aruba??? I stayed in Aruba in 1990 (and Trinidad North this past May). It seems to me the bridge starts at the point where Aruba and Jamaica meet.

Some people prefer to pay $15 extra per night for a water view. Beware that sometimes the water you will be viewing may be the village "quiet pool" more than the lake.

Personally, I prefer being closest to a bus stop. I use the buses numerous times a day, but there are days I didn't go to OPR at all.

I've met people who LOVE staying in Trinidad South specifically because it's remote (I don't get it, but to each's own).

I prefer staying in a second floor room instead of a first floor room because it seems to me it must be a little more private and a little quieter. Sure, half the people at the resort stay on the second floor and walk by rooms on the second floor, but EVERYONE at the resort walks by rooms on the first floor, get it?

I most recently stayed in room 3340 (T. North). It was a corner room, and by luck (for me) it was as close to the bus stop as you could get. It was also about as far from OPR as you can get and still be in a "preferred location." In addition, it was about as far from Trinidad North's quiet pool as you could get.

I love CBR. I think I'd enjoy it no matter where I am.

-- Eric :earsboy:

EpcotBill
08-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Excited,

We just got back from 6 nights / 7 days at CBR and had a wonderful time.

We were in Jamaica building 51. That's right across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the main pool and the last buildong before you get to Aruba. We found the Aruba bus stop to be "a few steps" closer than Jamaica's stop from our room.

The other half and I are both smokers, so that was the reason for the Jamica request. They have non-smoking rooms as well...

I hope you guys have a great time.. BTW you can see the "higher" fireworks over at Epcot from the outdoor tables by the pool. *wink* and don't forget to eat at Shutters!!! We loved the food..

Mike

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that bldg 51 is Aruba, not Jamaica.

WDWFAN9
08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
We've often requested room 2612 - in Martinique (before this was "preferred"). It is a corner room that actually overlooks the parking lot. But, it is very close to the food court and very close to a bus stop. Now we would probably request something in Jamaica.

safetymom
08-27-2005, 04:48 AM
http://www.idhal.com/CBR/map%20of%20CBR.jpg

Here is the map they give at check in.

snookhams
08-27-2005, 06:15 AM
We have just returned and spent our last 5 days at the CB (our first time onsite) we booked a water view room but made request with reference to how close we wanted to be to the food court etc. we were in room 2244 in Martinique and we had a great view, right by a pool and a short walk away from Shutters etc. We would request to be in this area again.

catbertdave99
08-27-2005, 07:34 AM
We stayed at CBR in April and were in Martinique 2549, corner room, 2nd floor, view of the beach and lake, and about as close to POR as you can get.

We loved the room, but and probably will request the preferred location again just for location, but I have to agree with many others you'll find in the FAQ's that Jamaica or Aruba would be almost as close and an easy walk across the bridge.

My kids and I really wanted a view of the beach and lake, but we didn't spend much time looking out the window at it... more important, I think, was that we were so close to it. It WAS nice to be able to look down at the beach and see them there, but I think just being close was most important -- and virtually all the rooms give you that.

But, being close to the food court WAS nice. I love to walk, but I really liked being close to the food court.

Bottom line, we loved CBR. My kids both loved it (DS14 and DS11), and insist that is where we will stay next time. I can't argue with them -- it's just a great place, a vacation within a vacation.

LandscapePro_318
08-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks bill....you are correct.

I edited my OP to reflect the proper location.

*sigh* Does this mean I'll be lined up along the secret entrance to Fantasmic and shot on my next trip for "providing faulty info"? I feel Sooo ashamed....

ROFL Well , at least I made it till Friday without making a mistake..

Mike

GrumpeyMom
08-27-2005, 12:11 PM
When we went in 1998, we were in Martinique room 2642 (I think). It was a corner room and as close to OPR as you could get. I think it overlooked the parking lot. We loved it. In 1999 we were in Barbados, building 15 or 16 I think. It was very nice but I liked the corner room better.

Englands Disney Gang
08-27-2005, 12:41 PM
We are coming to CBR for our first time from the UK in 10 days time......I dont care where my room is...I would even sleep ion the beach!!..as long as we get there safely and my kids meet Mickey Mouse!!! :banana:

Amy&Dan
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
We are coming to CBR for our first time from the UK in 10 days time......I dont care where my room is...I would even sleep ion the beach!!..as long as we get there safely and my kids meet Mickey Mouse!!! :banana:

This kind of attitude will insure that you do have a great time! Have a wonderful trip!

CrazedDisFan
08-27-2005, 03:14 PM
We stayed at CBR in Feb/March and enjoyed it a great deal. :)

However, we were initially put in Building 26 Martinique ground floor facing the parking lot. (room 2606) We REALLY disliked the view, the car headlights in our windows and the noise level later in the evening. On day 2 of the vacation, I went to the Customs House and requested a room change, if possible. As a side note the Old Port Royale bus stop is closer to this room than the Martinique stop, but neither are far at all.

We were moved to building 25 ground floor, waterfront. Room 2519 to be specific. The room was nice, the view of the water was hindered slightly by a support post for the second floor, however that was not an issue.

After the room move, we were all much more satisfied. :) The staff of CBR did offer to move our luggage for us, but we chose to do it ourselves. We felt our issue with the room was not the resorts problem, but rather ours, so we should not expect them to move our luggage.

All that said, we enjoyed CBR a lot. It was a nice resort, with friendly staff, nice relaxing atmosphere and effiecient bus service. :)

I would consider the parking lot view again, if we had our own vehicle there. It would be very convenient. :)

can
08-27-2005, 03:21 PM
We are staying at CBR over Thanksgiving for the first time. Thanks to all of you for the great room tips!

qman
08-27-2005, 05:05 PM
We stayed in the Trinidad South section (buildling 35), it is the most "remote" of the villages. The positive is that we found it quiet and had a "quiet" pool and bus stop within a one minute walk of our room. The negative was that it was an eight to ten minute walk to the central Old Port Royale area.

Overall we were happy with the area.

:cool1:

ridgewood
08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
SafetyMom:

Which CBR Villages allow/have smoking rooms? (I want to avoid them)

Disneyjosh229
08-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Weve stayed in Building 25 (Jamaica) and it has a great location, right next to Old Port Royal and the Lake....

safetymom
08-28-2005, 09:15 PM
64 Smoking rooms- Aruba 5100 is smoking optional.

From the front page of CBR FAQ II. This is the only place with smoking rooms.