PDA

View Full Version : Beach or Yacht Club or Boardwalk Inn? Please help!

kath1210
08-25-2005, 10:36 PM
We are considering extending our December stay by 3 nights, December 23-26 and are interested in one of the Epcot area deluxe resorts.

Which one do you prefer - Beach Club, Yacht Club or BWI? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Which one is closest to Epcot? Which rooms are the most roomy? In which would we be most likely to get a daybed? Which is decorated the best for Christmas? How likely would we be to get any use out of the pools, since it will be late December?

TIA for your opinions!

Lalita
08-25-2005, 10:44 PM
My vote would be for the Boardwalk, its decorated beautifully at Christmas. I think the rooms are all the same size for the resorts you menition. I think all Boardwalk rooms come with a balcony, which is not the same for Beach club. Boardwalk is not that spread out as BC/YC, so its not a long walk to your room at the end of the night. Also I think a day bed at Boardwalk comes standard with a daybed. It has a great entertainment/nighlife area.

As for swimming in late December I been there three times and out of the three time I swim maybe once. Its really hit and miss in December, its really cool in the morining and later in the evening. Maybe in the afternoon you can trie swimming!

Disney Dee
08-26-2005, 04:40 AM
BC is the closest to Epcot, but not by much.

wdwgoofeeee
08-26-2005, 06:25 AM
All three resorts are really close to both Epcot and the Disney Studios so this should not really be a factor. We have stayed at both the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk Inn. Although we enjoyed the YC, the Boardwalk has a more lively feel to it. As someone posted, it is not as large and spread out. They also have great entertainment on the boardwalk. We stayed in June in standard room 4278 at the Boardwalk. It overlooked a very peaceful courtyard and had a great view of the Epcot fireworks right from our beds.

YesI'mObsessed
08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Beach Club is the closest to Epcot, about a 10 minute walk. I actually prefer the BC because the Yacht Club seemed a little stuffy to me. They have great decorations at all the hotels, in the BC lobby there is a huge life size carosel made out of gingerbread and chocolate! We stayed last December and swam everyday. Even though the weather was VERY COLD. The pool's are heated to about 80, which in my opinion isn't very warm. But you really don't notice it until you get out, so bring a warm fluffy robe. However, it was never too cold for the hot tub, the kids swam in there everyday!

SEAlla
08-26-2005, 08:34 AM
We had the same delima. Finally we decided on the Yacht Club... :cool1: Because, hey, there is always the next trip for the Beach club (or any other resort for that matter) :)

missypie
08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Look on allearsnet.com and choose the one with the decor that appeals to you. I think there are also pictures of some of the resorts decorated for Christmas. All three have the same "thoughtful" amenities...a storage shelf under the bathroom sinks, double bathroom sinks, a whole chest of drawers, lights on dimmers over the beds. So the difference in the rooms is really the decor. Almost all of the YC rooms have a balcony...not the case for BC...don't know about BWI. All three are very convenivent to Epcot and MGM. The daybeds at BWI are pretty small - smaller than the ones at YC and BC, if that matters to you. I don't think you can go wrong with your choice!

eliza61
08-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Kathy,
I've stayed at both the Yacht & the beach club precisely because it is walking distance to Epcot. Both resorts are absolutely gorgeous and both will give you that extra degree of luxury. Cast members are great too. So if I had to choose between the 2 I would go with the Beach club only because I travel with kids (3 boys) and there were more children at the BC (remember this could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you feel. I think the BC tends to be a little noisier.) Both resorts have access to stromolong Bay which is an awesome pool.) There is also Beaches & Cream, which is an old fashion ice cream . It's directly across from the BW so you have some additional dining choices but to me, it's not as noisy and crowded at night, especially on a weekend night (After hanging out in the parks all day until 10:00-11:00 at night I appreciate a little quiet.) One other cool thing, when we were there last August, the lagoon next to the quiet pool had 2 alligators in it, every morning on our way to the parking lot we would watch the gators sun themselves. Ok so it was probably only cool to us, hey were northerners, not much chance to see them in Philadelphia. :rotfl:

Enjoy your stay, I've never been to Disney at Christmas. I bet it is spectacular.

Eliza

kath1210
08-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks to all who posted. :wave: It really sounds like we can't go wrong staying at any of these resorts!

amyhwang
08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi! Just wanted to post that we'll be there Dec 17-24 at the Yacht Club - had the same dilemma (which to choose) but chose YC since we've stayed at BW in a villa 2X and the BC but had serious mousekeeping problems there - plus sometimes the BC rooms are smaller and don't all have balconies. BTW, we're from Maryland also! I don't think ANY disney resort is really stuffy - even the GF - so whatever you choose will be fun. We like being able to walk to Epcot since they have good restaurants. We got an overflow rate from SOG for $169 which I was happy about. I think they all are supposed to have daybeds for little kids (but we'll bring a toddler aerobed for DD 6yo anyway). It's a great time of year to be there with the decorations!

littlestar
08-27-2005, 09:28 AM
The Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn have convention facilities attached to them. So we saw more "suits" at the other two. Beach Club seemed to have more families on vacation. I personally don't like seeing business people working while I'm on vacation. Yuck - please don't remind me of work while I'm on vacation.

SurfingGirl
08-27-2005, 12:43 PM
i have stayed at the Yauht Club and loved it the service was nice and everything but i would not know what to recomend because i have never stayed at the other restorts you named but the Yaught Club is great

Ladyhawke10
08-27-2005, 12:50 PM
We are considering extending our December stay by 3 nights, December 23-26 and are interested in one of the Epcot area deluxe resorts.

Which one do you prefer - Beach Club, Yacht Club or BWI? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Which one is closest to Epcot? Which rooms are the most roomy? In which would we be most likely to get a daybed? Which is decorated the best for Christmas? How likely would we be to get any use out of the pools, since it will be late December?

TIA for your opinions!

Another vote for the Boardwalk...I've stayed at all three, and I think the Boardwalk has the prettiest decor and the rooms are just lovely. Huge as well. We had a daybed in ours but I'm not sure if that's guaranteed. Our room at the Boardwalk (courtyard view) was as large as our room at the Yacht Club (water view), but both YC and BWI's rooms were significantly larger than our concierge room at the BC. We had a dormer room at the BC on the fourth floor, and it had a terrace view.

I've swam just fine in December, and we've gone many times that month, but it really just depends on weather and personal preference. In any case, the jacuzzis are always fun, no matter how cold it is! :dog2:

I think the Boardwalk looks beautiful at Christmas. :cloud9:

10nis
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I have stayed at BWI and YC and personally prefer BWI. As someone previously mentioned, it isn't as "spread" out as YC. At YC, we had a room very close to the Dolphin, just walked down some steps and out a door and were steps away from the Dolphin and boat launch. It was convienent most of the time but we sure didn't spend much time using the resort amenities.
I saw many more "suits" during our stay at CR than either YC or BWI. BWI is decorated beautifully at Christmas time. Very festive :) When we went last year for the Marathon in January the resorts still had up some Christmas decor and we lucked out with BWI still fully decked out on the outside. The big inside decorations were gone--I believe it is a gingerbread carousel if I remember correctly.
Everyone certainly has their preferences w/ Disney resorts and I have found mine at BWI. I can't really pinpoint why, certainly location has alot to do w/ it. I also believe it is a bit smaller and therefore might have a more intimate feel to it?
Good luck w/ your decision!!!