PDA

View Full Version : Beach club Villas or Resort?

Redbudlover
08-25-2005, 05:49 PM
:sunny: :sunny: Tough decision!!! Same price same area, but haven't stayed at either place before. would you rather stay at the resort or at the villas??? Is one in better condition? Does the additional room at the villas make is more comfortable? What about views? I understand a water view at the BC doesn't always mean yhou can see water. what about the BCV?
:confused3 :confused3

Redbudlover

LIFERBABE
08-25-2005, 06:05 PM
We have stayed in the BC and BCV.

The sleeping arrangements will be the most important difference. The studio Villa has a QN bed and a Fullsize Sleeper Sofa. The BC room will have 2 QNs.

The Villa Studio will have a small kitchenette with Micro, Coffee, Toaster, Fridge, and wet bar.

The BC will have a Fridge.

They are both well maintained. The Villas are connected to the main Hotel via covered walkway. It will take approx. 3-8 minutes to get to SAB from the Villas. It could take just as long from the BC from their farthest rooms.

HTH!

The Villas will have Pool View or Woods View/Obstructed Epcot or Main Entrance. You will not see any part of Crescent Lake from the Villas. They are all considered Preferred View by CRO but that is in the eye of the beholder.

I think you can pay extra to guarantee a preferred view at the BC.

Redbudlover
08-25-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks liferbabe. Are the views about the same from each?
Redbudlover

Danauk
08-25-2005, 06:12 PM
I guess it depends how many people will be sharing the room. I personally would choose the BCV as there are only 2 of us and I like having the sofa in the room instead of the bed. I do like the villas though for the kitchen area as we like to have breakfast in the room. Plus if a balcony is important to you all BCV rooms have a balcony with a table and chairs you can sit out on where as the BC quite a few rooms have no balcony.
So I would choose the villas (and did for our Christmas trip.)

Viki
08-25-2005, 06:16 PM
thanks liferbabe. Are the views about the same from each?
Redbudlover

We always stay at the villas, but there are some spectacular views from BC, overlooking the lake and the BW. Like a poster above, I don't find any of the views from BCV all that awesome (though they are very nice).

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Sammie
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Water views at the resort can be very lovely with views of Crescent lake and the Boardwalk.

The views at the Villas, while not bad, are not in my opinion as nice as the ones at the Resort. The villas were built in what was the Resort parking lot and tennis court areas so the views were not as planned.

jarestel
08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
The views are much better from the resort, but the rooms are much better at the villas. It depends which you put more of a premium on. Good luck!

moonshadow
08-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Years ago we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk and loved it. This Septemeber we decided to try the 1 bedroom at the BCV. I really love the villas. Having a living room, king size bed, hot tub, kitchen and of course a washer and dryer are great. We plan to spend more time at the resort this time and having a villa IMO is nicer then just having one large room.

Hope this helps.

Redbudlover
08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
How about the studios? We would probably stay in one of those.....
Redbudlover

mma
08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Are you going to rent points from a DVC member or book a BCV room through Disney directly? If you rent from a DVC member you pay less than half of what you would pay for the same room. Look over on the DVC boards on this site. That is what we are doing for our trip in 30days and we only paid 120.00 a night.

jarestel
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
How about the studios? We would probably stay in one of those.....
Redbudlover

For 2 people, I think the studios are more comfortable than a regular hotel room because you have the pull-out sofa to sit on instead of having to sit on the beds. If there are more than 2 people, someone will have to sleep on the pull-out which would probably not be as comfortable as having the extra bed in the room. Of course, some people can tolerate sleeping on the pull-out better than others, so that may not always be an issue for everyone.

pixiedust23
08-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok now I may be biased b/c BCV is one of our home resorts but ........ I love it. We have always had a view where tyou can see part of the fireworks over epcot! It's very nice to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy that. Now my dad allots the points out to people lol (yes he is a control freak, yes I have inherited that trait) so when I go I usually stay in a studio and I have to agree I like the whole fold up sleeper sofa much better than an extra bed. This time it will just be my BF and I so we wont even unfold it, but a few years back I went with some girlfriends and we would unfold it at night and it would leave a lot more space int he room!

Redbudlover
08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I wish I had known about renting points when I booked for this! We are already booked and paid for POFQ on the package that includes free dining. We just had some good business news and it could allow us to upgrade. I have always wanted to stay at the BC! I was thinking about cancelling our ressie and then buying points from a DVC member but that way we still pay our cancellation penalty - I think that is about $200?? We would still save money. but on the other hand I have been considering staying with our POFQ ressie and then going back to BCV through a DVC member next spring by myself for the garden show??? Any ideas? Thanks everyone who helped me n this!

redbudlover

Boardwalk Tigger
08-27-2005, 10:17 AM
The views at the BC are ok but most of them are not that spectular. There is always a concern that you will get a full balcony. However you might want to check on the difference in space( square footage) between the BC room and BCV studio. I think a studio is smaller than a regular BC room although I stayed in the concierge room at BC and it was too small for me. I believe it was dormer and those rooms are smaller. I would chose the Yacht Club because the rooms seem to be larger than the rooms I have stayed at at the BC and the Yacht club has beautiful views. They also have full balconys. That being said they are all nice accomdations. I would go for a one bedroom if I was staying at the BCV's. We are DVC members there and love the place. We became members after DH decided the BC concierge rooms were just too small for us. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

jaguar9748
08-27-2005, 10:32 AM
I loved the Beach Club - we had a nice garden view. The resort is very spread out - we were very close to Epcot but quite a distance from the boat and the lobby.

We stayed in the Yacht Club and had a water view. It was really nice, but I could have done without it. Also, we were near the boat dock and we were constantly hearing the boat horns. ;)

We're staying at BCV this Christmas for the first time - very excited! We've stayed in the WLV 3 times and just love them. If you can swing the 1-bedroom, do so. If not, the studio offers the kitchen, the balcony, the sofa bed (which is really comfortable). Villas are well kept up due to the DVC owners. :sunny:

DizWacko
08-27-2005, 10:40 AM
I would vote for the BC. The BC hotel room will give you roughly 30 sq feet more than the villas with a much nicer view if you are anywhere on the cresecent lake side of the resort.. And whoever said that the pullout sofabed at BCV is comfortable is definitely in the minority, it is the most uncomfortable bed (using the term bed loosely) you could imagine. The BC is slightly more convenient and in the middle of the action than the Villas as well. However, if you could cut your cost in half by staying at the Villas, i would do that ....

You will have fun no matter where you decide.

jarestel
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
I would vote for the BC. The BC hotel room will give you roughly 30 sq feet more than the villas with a much nicer view if you are anywhere on the cresecent lake side of the resort..

I agree with the view part of your post, but the studio actually feels much bigger because the sofa bed isn't taking up all the space ( except at night if some poor sap has to sleep on it ) the second bed in the hotel room does. So I would say the studio has much more useable space than the BC rooms do, regardless of actual size. Not having that second bed makes a big space difference in the studios.