PDA

View Full Version : Switch from Poly concierge to WL concierge for 1 night???

AmyM
08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I am trying to finalize our plans for our October trip. We are staying 3 nights at Poly con. on DVC points, we have one night in the middle up in the air, and 5 nights at BWV in a 1BR. I am paying cash for the one night in the middle. To stay Poly concierge would cost about $250 more for the one night than switching to WL concierge for that one night.

My family LOVES Poly concierge and I'm not sure I want to switch for one night....but $250?!?!?

Any thoughts? Would we be disappointed in WL concierge? We love the monorail, seeing the castle out our window, the pool, and the feel of the Poly.

Stitches
08-25-2005, 06:12 PM
If you stay anywhere for one night you are pretty much only going to be there from mid-afternoon when you check-in until check-out the next morning. This won't give you much chance to take advantage of the concierge features.
I've taken trips where I moved to a different resort just for the last day. It was a nice way to check out a resort with a small commitment of time. But it felt like I really only got half a day there, considering the time spent packing, arranging for luggage transportation, checking-out of the previous resort and checking into the new resort. Considering that you are already splitting time between the Polynesian and BWV, I think it would be a real hassle.
If I was going to do it at all, I think I'd get a less expensive room at WL to save more $ since there'd be so little time to take advantage of the concierge features. I wish some discount code would come out to make it more affordable for you to add an extra day at either the Polynesian or BWV. Good luck!

AmyM
08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks Stitches...I'm doing the AP code watch with everyone else :rolleyes1

CaipiraBob
08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
A one day jump isn't worth the time and inconvenience of changing your room. Checkout and Checkin have a difference of some four hours and they are not committed to having the room ready at 3:00PM. Then it takes time for the luggage to arrive. It's worth the money to not have to worry about all the garbage that can happen for just a few hours in a different room.