PDA

View Full Version : POP or POR

Olallamom
08-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I need quick advice. My husban and I are doing a spur of the moment trip. We loved our stay at POR in June, will we be disappointed with POP? It is a $200 difference with the BRP. :confused3

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
I love POP. They have fun pools, a great food court, and a lounge (Classic Concoctions) that serves adult beverages inside!

Here is some info on the resort:
Disney's Pop Century Resort Dining and Merchandise
Everything POP shopping & dining
Hours: 6am-midnight
Dining:
Five unique food stations offers great sandwiches, fresh salads, pizza and pasta favorites, cheeseburgers, hearty dinners, assorted baked goods, cakes, pies, cookies, ice cream and "mom's Night Out" dinner specials. Refillable souvenir mugs are available for $11.99 plus tax and can be refilled at Everything Pop Food Court.
Bakery
Grab 'n' Go Market
Grill
Ethnic Station
Pasta/Pizza
Birthday and Celebration Cakes: Guests may order cakes by calling 407-938-3068 or 407-938-4590. Please advise to call 48 to 72 hours in advance.
Packages 2005: Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - Counter Service or Snack
Discounts: Disney's Dining Experience (20%)

Classic Concoctions
Hours: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Indoor lounge located in the Everything Pop Shopping and Dining Food Court. Comfortable and convenient with two televisions. Open every evening serving classic cocktails, beer, wine, and frozen specialty drinks. Nachos, Beatnik Cheese Platter, Chips & Dip, and Swinging Dessert Trio are also available.
Discounts: Disney's Dining Experience (20%)

Petals Pool Bar
Hours: 12pm to 12am(seasonal; hours may vary)
Poolside bar featuring fun and lively drinks located just outside the Everything Pop Shopping and Dining Food Court. Offers thirst-quenching cocktails and frozen specialties.

Shopping
Phone: 407-938-3026
Services: Merchandise purchased at WDW Theme Parks and Downtown Disney and delivered to the Resort is available for pick-up at Everything Pop
Merchandise:
Pal Mickey available for purchase

Palendat
08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
After staying at POR, I swore I would never stay at a value resort again. We loved POR, and found POP to be really crowded. There are 4 floors of rooms crammed into too small of a space, as far as I am concerned! If it is just 2 adults, I would go with POR. It is SO MUCH more relaxing! That being said, we will be checking into ASMu on Sept 30 for an unplanned, free-dining trip. I guess that I shouldn't swear!!! :rolleyes:

SqueakyMouse
08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Dh and I added on a first night at Pop at the beginning of our late July trip to WL. We had never stayed at a value and were surprised by how much we enjoyed our visit. I kind of wish we had spent the entire long weekend at Pop and saved the $$$. Our view of the bowling pin pool at Pop was much better than our "upgraded" view at WL!

Olallamom
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks to everyone who has replyed so far. After doing more reading on this site, I feel that we will choose to save the $$ and try a value. I am curious about the values and this would be a good time to give it a test. We will be there only 6 days and without the children. So my DH and I will be the only ones complaining if it isn't what we hoped for. :rotfl: We are just glad to be on a childless getaway. They are very rare occasions.

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks to everyone who has replyed so far. After doing more reading on this site, I feel that we will choose to save the $$ and try a value. I am curious about the values and this would be a good time to give it a test. We will be there only 6 days and without the children. So my DH and I will be the only ones complaining if it isn't what we hoped for. :rotfl: We are just glad to be on a childless getaway. They are very rare occasions.
Since it is just the two of you request a king bed. The two beds in the room take up too much space and are really close to the door.

allaboutmm
08-27-2005, 01:53 PM
We just booked the POP today :banana: ! Last trip stayed at the ASSP, liked it, just wanted to try some place different this time. I would love to hear your input on the place when you get back! Hope your and your family has a safe and fun trip!!!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :earboy2: princess:

1980's 2x's @ Poly- thanks :earsboy: :earsgirl:
2004- ASSP- first trip for pirate: & :earboy2:
December 7-12 2005- POP- first trip for princess:

goofy4tink
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
We love POR. One of our favorite resorts. In fact, dd and I stayed for there for our last two nights, after a week at BCV in June. Then, several weeks ago we stayed at Pop for 4 nights. We got a terrific airfare and our APs hadn't expired yet, so down the two of us went. I was really interested in seeing how Pop compared with POR and ASMusic. It compared quite favorably!! We loved it. Yes, it was full. But, it never really felt crowded. We took a really nice walk around the back of the resort by the lake...very beautiful. The pools were fine, we both enjoyed playing in them. And I actually liked the food court at Pop better than the one at POR.
So, it all depends on what you are looking for. I think POR is much more laid back and romantic. But, Pop is no slouch....lots of fun there.

lovethattink
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
We've stayed at both. We prefer POR. We found Pop to be alot more noisy.

CPer'sMom
08-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Olallamom ~

OMG, I just had to read your post to see if you were really from Olalla :)
We live in Virginia now, but both my girls went to Olalla Elementary!!
Small world .....

Oh, and I definitely would choose POR over POP ::MickeyMo

bubba73
08-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I was at POP in June of this year and it was great. My DW and DS loved it. The icons, the room, the wake up calls, the bedtime story at night made it all memorable. We have been back now for 3 months and I can't stop myself from thinking about it or wishing I was back there. If there is any drawback, it would be that the toilets are a little noisy but you really only notice that the first day. It is no different than staying at most regular hotels, just with better theming.

Looking forward to my first trip to Disneyland!!
:love: ::MickeyMo :love:

WOODY13
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
POP is nice but for 6 days I would go with POR. My experience has been the longer the stay the more important the resort.