PDA

View Full Version : New rooms at the Contemporary are open!

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Today the Contemporary Resort opened half of the newly remodeled rooms on the 10th floor. These rooms are available for anyone who books in the tower until September 11th. Then the Atrium Club (12th floor concierge lite) will move down to the new rooms.

CaliforniaDreaming
08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Will the club return to the 12th floor when it reopens? Thanks! ;)

triplefigs
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Today the Contemporary Resort opened half of the newly remodeled rooms on the 10th floor. These rooms are available for anyone who books in the tower until September 11th. Then the Atrium Club (12th floor concierge lite) will move down to the new rooms.

What is the status of the South Wing rooms?

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes!! as a full concierge with a lounge!

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 05:24 PM
What is the status of the South Wing rooms?

The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

triplefigs
08-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Thank you!

sdlipton
08-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Will ANY new rooms be available to folks NOT booked Concierge if we are booked in early October?

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Will ANY new rooms be available to folks NOT booked Concierge if we are booked in early October?

The Bay side of the 9th floor is due back 09/13/2005. You could try to get that.

sdlipton
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
and the MK Side?

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 07:27 PM
and the MK Side?

Unfortunately the MK side of the 9th floor will not be ready until after you leave. 10/17/2005

Bobbysdog
08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info, Insider. Can you answer one more self-serving question?!? :cool1: We have 10th floor concierge from 9/26-10/1 (originally booked the twelfth floor, and then got the letter from the CR informing us of the switch). We've requested the MK view (and we know it's not a guarantee), soooooo...what are the chances that we'd get a renovated room on the MK side during our stay?

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info, Insider. Can you answer one more self-serving question?!? :cool1: We have 10th floor concierge from 9/26-10/1 (originally booked the twelfth floor, and then got the letter from the CR informing us of the switch). We've requested the MK view (and we know it's not a guarantee), soooooo...what are the chances that we'd get a renovated room on the MK side during our stay?

If you are booked for the 10th floor, then your chances of having a renovated room are 100%. As for the magic Kingdom View it is 50/50. Make sure you call DRC to put it as a req on your res.

Bobbysdog
08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Already done, and thanks for the quick response!
Since you have good inside information, who's gonna win the Super Bowl this year?!? :rotfl2:

The_Insider
08-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Already done, and thanks for the quick response!
Since you have good inside information, who's gonna win the Super Bowl this year?!? :rotfl2:
I don't watch Football, but I have to say the pirate: Bucs! pirate:
LOL

dreamalittledream
08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow, what great info! How about the North Wing? would it be done by 12/06?

jcamacam
08-25-2005, 10:09 PM

Since we initially booked 12th floor concierge last October (2004), and now we're being moved to 10th floor Atrium Club, does that mean we will have full concierge and not "light" like we thought? Woo hoo, that would be great!

Also, I know everyone must request MK view; however, when I spoke to the wonderful CM on the phone when I booked, she said, "hold on a second, I'm putting your request in two different places." Do you know what she meant by that. Any chance we'll get MK view for 12/3-12/10? We've stayed there every year for the past 5 years and never for the MK view - I hope we get it this time!

stephandjoe
08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
We are staying 10/28 - 11/2 in the wings. I'm afraid to see what we're going to get! Any info on the North Wing since it sounds like S. Wing will not be ready yet?

princessesrule4
08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
When I spoke to someone at the CR last week ,they said that the 10th floor has no lounge because it is just housing the Atrium Club temporarily till the 12th floor is rehabbed. Then when the 12th floor is rehabbed the Atrium Club will move back up there permanently. Is that correct? Is the 12th floor being rehabbed now and when will it be done? Is the 14 th floor going to be refurbished? Also, are there Concierge rooms on the 14th floor and what is there price? Or is it all suites up there? Sorry so many questions! You sound like you truly are an Insider so I thought I'd ask!! Thanks so much!

The_Insider
08-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Wow, what great info! How about the North Wing? would it be done by 12/06?

There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete.

The_Insider
08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Since we initially booked 12th floor concierge last October (2004), and now we're being moved to 10th floor Atrium Club, does that mean we will have full concierge and not "light" like we thought? Woo hoo, that would be great!

Also, I know everyone must request MK view; however, when I spoke to the wonderful CM on the phone when I booked, she said, "hold on a second, I'm putting your request in two different places." Do you know what she meant by that. Any chance we'll get MK view for 12/3-12/10? We've stayed there every year for the past 5 years and never for the MK view - I hope we get it this time!
No, the 10th floor will be concierge light. It becomes full club when it moves back to 12. Sorry.

When the CM on the phone told you she was putting your request in 2 places, she was talking about 2 different computer systems. One was on your reservation, and the other was in a system that keeps all your info from previous stays. That is why when you call they ask for your last name and zip code. They are looking up all your info; name, address, phone, family members, email addresses, birthdays, and previous special requests. This way it is easier and less time consuming to book your new reservation.

The_Insider
08-26-2005, 09:55 AM
When I spoke to someone at the CR last week ,they said that the 10th floor has no lounge because it is just housing the Atrium Club temporarily till the 12th floor is rehabbed. Then when the 12th floor is rehabbed the Atrium Club will move back up there permanently. Is that correct?
Yes that is correct.
Is the 12th floor being rehabbed now and when will it be done? Is the 14 th floor going to be refurbished? Also, are there Concierge rooms on the 14th floor and what is there price? Or is it all suites up there? Sorry so many questions! You sound like you truly are an Insider so I thought I'd ask!! Thanks so much!

The 12th and 14th floors will be the last in the tower to be finished.
There are 5 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor.
2-kings MK view
2-Queen/Queen MK view
1-Queen/Queen Bay view
Rates depend on season and discounts (yes the 14th floor non-suites do have discounts, AP, FL res, ect.)

princessesrule4
08-26-2005, 10:17 AM
So, is it possible to book the 14th floor specifically or is it just luck of the draw whether you get a non suite Concierge room on that floor? I didn't know that the 12th floor was going to be full Concierge - that is great! So, will the 12th and 14 th floor be finished around the end of Feb.? We are hoping to book it for Jan. but it sounds like it won't be done til after that! Thanks! :flower:

TammiMcMan
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
So, is it possible to book the 14th floor specifically or is it just luck of the draw whether you get a non suite Concierge room on that floor? Great question and I can see where you're coming from. My guess is that even after the rehab, you will have to book a specific concierge level, either Atrium (12th floor) or Tower (14th). Again, just a guess on my part, but I know plenty of guests who will pay more money to stay in a standard concierge room on the 14th floor. You're talking only 16 rooms, which means a less crowded lounge and probably more personalized staff service. They have some options though, it will be interesting to see what Disney decides to do.

Tammi

D&R love Disney
08-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Princessesrule4 - you can book a regular 14th floor room directly with CRO. They are very hard to get but it is possible. I got a MK king room for Labor Day weekend and got it with an AAA rate which was actually better than the AP rate that came out later.

Hatzie
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
We are going Thanksgiving week and have booked just a regular room in the tower, am I going to be running into renovations? Is it possible I may have a chance at a recently refurbed room? I'm the nervous type and likle to know what I may run into.

Thanks!!!

Walt

erinz
08-26-2005, 12:55 PM

Hi jcamacam! We're going to be on the 10th floor the same week you will be! :banana:

We have also asked for a MK view and are crossing our fingers since we won't be able to check in until early Sunday (the 4th) morning.

Hey!....... You're going to get our MK room!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Deb & Bill
08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete.

I hope they DON'T build a CR DVC resort because I want to stay in the older, larger rooms on points. If they build a DVC, it will be the same layout as BCV, VWL, BWV and SSR and they won't let us use points to stay at CR.

dreamalittledream
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I hope they DON'T build a CR DVC resort because I want to stay in the older, larger rooms on points. If they build a DVC, it will be the same layout as BCV, VWL, BWV and SSR and they won't let us use points to stay at CR.

I agree! I hope they keep the CR the way it is, for nostalgia reasons. that and the fact the North Wing is a great deal, close good $ and very Disney.

princessesrule4
08-26-2005, 04:27 PM
May I ask what your AAA room rate was? If you want you can PM with it ( if you feel comfortable sharing what it is!) We have AAA too and it does seem like the AAA rates are better than AP lately! Thanks!

mickey0216
08-26-2005, 09:02 PM
The_Insider - I have a res for a "Garden Wing King" room for late Nov into early Dec. Based on the current rehab work/schedule, any insight as to where I am likely to be (north or south wing, rehabed - not rehabed room)?

Thanks.

Sammie
08-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Not a betting person, but DVC at the Contemporary is pretty much a sure bet.

dreamalittledream
08-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Not a betting person, but DVC at the Contemporary is pretty much a sure bet.
what would you think the timing is on that? for sales? for opening? I have not looked at DVC before so I have no sense of how long they sell before they open a resort.
This may get me thinking a whole new way.... :idea: I need to know more so I guess I'll have to hang out on the DVC board for a while.

Sammie
08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
what would you think the timing is on that? for sales? for opening? I have not looked at DVC before so I have no sense of how long they sell before they open a resort.
This may get me thinking a whole new way.... :idea: I need to know more so I guess I'll have to hang out on the DVC board for a while.

While many have been willing to at Disney to talk about this rumor, no one seems to have a time table.

The_Insider
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
The_Insider - I have a res for a "Garden Wing King" room for late Nov into early Dec. Based on the current rehab work/schedule, any insight as to where I am likely to be (north or south wing, rehabed - not rehabed room)?

Thanks.

Most likely you will be in the north wing, non-renovated room, unless you get upgraded to the tower. Most of the south will be closed at that time.

dreamalittledream
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
does anyone have any idea why I'm not able to book a std wing room for Dec 2006? nothing is coming up in the computer and no one seemed to know why. could it be the DVC rumor?

disneysnob
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
So, what I'm gathering from all this information, is that they are renovating the Tower rooms first and than moving on to the wing rooms??? I'm only asking because we just booked a Tower room for next June, (bay view, no specific floor, though) so am I pretty much guaranteed a new room? :flower:

klofan
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
So, what I'm gathering from all this information, is that they are renovating the Tower rooms first and than moving on to the wing rooms??? I'm only asking because we just booked a Tower room for next June, (bay view, no specific floor, though) so am I pretty much guaranteed a new room?

That's cool. You have to take pictures! I would love to see more angles and better views of the bathroom and hallways outside the room.

Anyone know when the south wing rooms are gonna be done?

The_Insider
09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
That's cool. You have to take pictures! I would love to see more angles and better views of the bathroom and hallways outside the room.

Anyone know when the south wing rooms are gonna be done?
What do you want a pic of? I might be able to get it for you.

jrogers345
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
We are going Thanksgiving week and have booked just a regular room in the tower, am I going to be running into renovations? Is it possible I may have a chance at a recently refurbed room? I'm the nervous type and likle to know what I may run into.

Thanks!!!

Walt

I'd like to know that answer also. We've got tower reserv. week before thanksgiving. Love to have a rehab room facing the MK. Any chance???

shy little mouse
09-04-2005, 04:46 AM
No, the 10th floor will be concierge light. It becomes full club when it moves back to 12. Sorry.

Hi Insider, we just booked Club level for the middle of January. Will it still be on the tenth floor at that time? Any idea on when it is moving back to 12?

Thanks for your great info! I am very excited about getting a renovated room. :flower:

Janet2k
09-04-2005, 09:54 PM
What do you want a pic of? I might be able to get it for you.

The_Insider, any photos that you could share of the newly refurbished rooms would be wonderful. I saw a few photos a month or two back, but would always be interested in seeing more.

sdlipton
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
The INsider,
Any new news from the CR? My DW2B and I are getting very excited.. Less than 23 days to go!

Windy City Heather
09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Most likely you will be in the north wing, non-renovated room, unless you get upgraded to the tower. Most of the south will be closed at that time.

What are the chances of actually getting upgraded? We have a garden view wing September 18-23. I am expecting a non-renovated room in the north wing. I never expect upgrades because that just leaves me set up for disappointment. I will be happy with anything I get because I guess I really don't know what I want...o.k. I know what I want and I know I can't afford. I really want a MK view in the tower but that is just a pipedream.

mamaprincess
09-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Not a betting person, but DVC at the Contemporary is pretty much a sure bet.I knew we couldn't possibly leave it alone. :rotfl2:

francie
09-18-2005, 01:17 PM
hi insider, could you please help me with a few questions please? after all renovations are completed on the contemporary, will there still be two floors of consierge? one "consierge lite" and one "full consierge? will they still be located on the 12th and 14th floors? besides the higher floor, what will distinguish one from the other as far as amenities? you referred to the "atrium club". which does that name apply to? thanks in advance for any help.

mjfox
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey Insider,

We have been coming to CR for the last 5 years during Christmas for 20 days and my Aunt and Uncle have been coming for the past 20+ years for Christmas for 30 days.

We have been requesting specific room numbers on the Tower facing MK with connection doors. Our room requests have been on the 11th floor and I was wondering if that would still be possible with all the renovation?

My Aunt and Uncle will be checking in 12/8 and we are due 12/15.

Any insight would be a great help in our planning.

mjfox
09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey Insider,

Any Pictures of the renovated rooms yet?

jrogers345
09-18-2005, 05:25 PM

When the CM on the phone told you she was putting your request in 2 places, she was talking about 2 different computer systems. One was on your reservation, and the other was in a system that keeps all your info from previous stays. That is why when you call they ask for your last name and zip code. They are looking up all your info; name, address, phone, family members, email addresses, birthdays, and previous special requests. This way it is easier and less time consuming to book your new reservation.

How far back does this info go? We were there 8 years ago?

Carlen9
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM

We are arriving on sunday and have requested a smoking room for dh. I see that all the smoking rooms were in the south wing. Is it closed completely or are they just doing one floor at a time?

Karen in VA

csaribay
09-20-2005, 02:32 AM
We are arriving on sunday and have requested a smoking room for dh. I see that all the smoking rooms were in the south wing. Is it closed completely or are they just doing one floor at a time?

Karen in VA

I was at the CR South Garden last week... only a portion of the South Garden wing has been closed for rehab. I've included an image (below)- the shaded portion is the current rooms closed off from public access and assignment.

http://chrissaribay.com/southgardenclosed.gif

All floors that are unshaded are available, and likewise, all that are... aren't.

As a side note, I had taken a fairly long walk around the South Garden wing, and from the exterior, it appeared that not only will the rooms receive the new sliding glass doors, but the upper levels will be receiving balconies as well... a nice plus :D. Couldn't tell for sure, but from what I could see from behind the fence, it appeared to be what they were adding. Great stuff.

francie
09-22-2005, 04:15 PM
anyone know what happened to the insider? he hasn't posted anything since 9/1. thanks in advance

CaliforniaDreaming
09-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow, balconies on the garden wing? That would be great!

The section of the south wing that is unshaded, have those rooms already been renovated, or are they still in the old style?

And I'm wondering, if I book a wing room for May, would I get a renovated room, or is there a chance I could get an unrenovated room in the North Wing?

csaribay
09-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow, balconies on the garden wing? That would be great!

The section of the south wing that is unshaded, have those rooms already been renovated, or are they still in the old style?

And I'm wondering, if I book a wing room for May, would I get a renovated room, or is there a chance I could get an unrenovated room in the North Wing?

All garden wing rooms are currently in the old "art masters" theme- save the rooms (in the shaded area) that are currently being rehabbed. I don't know very much about the timeline, though I think it may be plausible for them to open up some of the new rooms in the South Garden Wing before May. Best to call the resort direct and see what they'll tell you- though if I were a betting man, I wouldn't place such a high bet on this.

zachnlucy
09-22-2005, 07:09 PM
What is the DVC? We're planning 4/06 at CR and I'm looking for advice. Can't afford concierge, but could probably handle the tower if it's really worth it vs garden wing. And which wing is best and why? We stayed at the CR 10 years ago in a garden wing room, but I have no idea what our view was, etc. Thanks. Also, where can I get the best rate for a CR room? Is it worth it to buy AAA for the discount? We will be staying 7 nights. Thanks again.

TwingleMum
09-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Dear Insider~ Do you think rooms in the tower will open up anytime soon?? I've been trying for Tower concierge for 12/2 - 12/5 since March. Thanks for the help.

The_Insider
10-09-2005, 01:37 PM
anyone know what happened to the insider? he hasn't posted anything since 9/1. thanks in advance

Sorry about that, I’m Back! If I missed any questions please send me a PM and I will answer. Glad to be back hope to hear from everyone soon.

Update on new rooms…..

The 10th floor is amazing. The atrium club relocated there and it has been a huge success. Also half of the ninth floor is now open with new rooms. They are tower (non-concierge rooms)

The_Insider
10-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Also..

For someone relatively new to the boards I receive a lot of PM’s. I will do my best to respond immediately. If I don’t respond right away then I am making sure I have the correct answer for you.

jrogers345
10-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry about that, I’m Back! If I missed any questions please send me a PM and I will answer. Glad to be back hope to hear from everyone soon.

Update on new rooms…..

The 10th floor is amazing. The atrium club relocated there and it has been a huge success. Also half of the ninth floor is now open with new rooms. They are tower (non-concierge rooms)

Insider,

Are the rooms (9th) on the MK side or Lagoon?

erinz
10-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Dear Insider:

Is it true that the rooms on the Atruim Club floor do not get any resort chanels?

Somoeone posted that a few days ago, and I'm sort of freaking out........ :earseek:

disneytraveler
10-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi Insider!

I am thinking of staying at Cr in September of 06 but confused in the room description of Tower Mk view and Tower Concierge . Concierge list a mk view plus other views . I know tower mk is not concierge level .

glass slipper girl
10-13-2005, 01:20 PM
:wave: We just booked a 14th floor CL room for next September. Any idea if they will be done by then or if we are at risk for being bumped by the remodel??

Thank you!

The_Insider
10-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Lagoon

Insider,

Are the rooms (9th) on the MK side or Lagoon?

The_Insider
10-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi Insider!

I am thinking of staying at Cr in September of 06 but confused in the room description of Tower Mk view and Tower Concierge . Concierge list a mk view plus other views . I know tower mk is not concierge level .

I’m not sure what you are asking, but let me try. Starting in 2006 you will be able to book a specific view in the tower. (Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake [Magic Kingdom is more expensive]) The exception to this is the Atrium Club, (12th Floor) for some unknown reason you will not be able to book a specific view on this floor. I have heard they did this because they will already be raising the 12th floor room rate and do not want to increase the rate even more for the MK view. I don’t know, but if this is the case then you can count on them changing it next year (2007). As for the Tower Club (14th Floor) It will stay the same. You have always book according to the view you wanted. (Except the room only, one of the five of them is on the bay side). I hope this helps.

mom22boys
10-15-2005, 09:35 PM

If we book a garden wing room for November 2006, any guesses as to if the south wing will be the only one open? Do you think DVC will take over the north garden wing next summer? :confused3 If so, I am wondering how soon in advance to make a reservation since the number of garden wing rooms could be less. Maybe I should get my 2006 calendar out now. It sounds crazy to be worried about it when we haven't even gone on our November 2005 trip yet!

glass slipper girl
10-16-2005, 12:46 PM
so 14th floor is definitely now going to be called Tower Club and 12th floor will be Atrium Club? I went round with this with the reservation agent. She kept insisting there were no 14th floor rooms available but she did have Tower Club. The rate matches what I was expecing for 14th floor. I had her read me the description of the room and it did say 14th floor but she was also insisting that it would be light concierge because "tower club is always light." I asked about Atrium Club and was told there is no such thing.

I called back twice to make sure I really did have 14th floor. I didn't want to plan for it and then check in and be somewhere else! One agent said she is seeing both called Tower Club but agreed that the price on our room matches the rack for 14th floor and not 12th.

The_Insider
10-16-2005, 04:23 PM
If we book a garden wing room for November 2006, any guesses as to if the south wing will be the only one open? Do you think DVC will take over the north garden wing next summer? :confused3 If so, I am wondering how soon in advance to make a reservation since the number of garden wing rooms could be less. Maybe I should get my 2006 calendar out now. It sounds crazy to be worried about it when we haven't even gone on our November 2005 trip yet!

I’m not sure. Right now there is nothing scheduled, that doesn’t mean anything though. They may start this summer on the north. If I were you I would go ahead and book now. If they decide to start, and you are confirmed, there is a good chance they will upgrade you to the tower.

The_Insider
10-16-2005, 04:28 PM
so 14th floor is definitely now going to be called Tower Club and 12th floor will be Atrium Club? I went round with this with the reservation agent. She kept insisting there were no 14th floor rooms available but she did have Tower Club. The rate matches what I was expecing for 14th floor. I had her read me the description of the room and it did say 14th floor but she was also insisting that it would be light concierge because "tower club is always light." I asked about Atrium Club and was told there is no such thing.

I called back twice to make sure I really did have 14th floor. I didn't want to plan for it and then check in and be somewhere else! One agent said she is seeing both called Tower Club but agreed that the price on our room matches the rack for 14th floor and not 12th.

The reservation center doesn’t know what they are talking about. For the past few months the resort has used the name Tower Club for 14 and Atrium club for 12 (10). If you PM me your info, or if you know your room category (CC=12 [10], CY & CW=14) I can tell you where you are booked.

glass slipper girl
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank you! My confirmation says:

Contemporary-Concierge Room-CY

So if I am understanding correctly then it is 14th, which is what we wanted. :) I figured it was since it mentioned 14th in the description I asked her to read to me but she kept insisting it wasn't. One CM I spoke with told me that my room would be on 12th but that we would go up to 14 for the lounge. LOL

The_Insider
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you! My confirmation says:

So if I am understanding correctly then it is 14th, which is what we wanted. :) I figured it was since it mentioned 14th in the description I asked her to read to me but she kept insisting it wasn't. One CM I spoke with told me that my room would be on 12th but that we would go up to 14 for the lounge. LOL

Yay! I’m glade you got what you wanted. When will you be there?

Stacy9402
10-16-2005, 07:48 PM
So if you book Tower with Magic Kingdom view will you get an unobstructed view of the MK. Just wondering It is what I am going to book in January 28 -31st.

Thanks
Stacy

The_Insider
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
So if you book Tower with Magic Kingdom view will you get an unobstructed view of the MK. Just wondering It is what I am going to book in January 28 -31st.

Thanks
Stacy

Yes. Best view of the MK in the World!

princessesrule4
10-17-2005, 08:01 AM
When is the Atrium Club moving back up to the 12th floor and will it be full concierge? Can you tell me about the Atrium Club lounge and what it is like as of now? We are thinking of staying there in Jan. Thanks so much! :flower:

disneyag
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the new rooms? The only ones I have seen so far are on Deb's site.

The_Insider
10-18-2005, 08:38 PM
When is the Atrium Club moving back up to the 12th floor and will it be full concierge? Can you tell me about the Atrium Club lounge and what it is like as of now? We are thinking of staying there in Jan. Thanks so much! :flower:

The Atrium Club will not be moving back to 12 until June or July of 2006. As of now the Lounge for 10 is set up in the hall near the elevators with seating for only 18 – 20 Guests. The new lounge will be 50% larger than the 14th floor lounge and will seat approximately 36 Guests, not including the seating on the three balconies it will have. It looks great; I have seen the floor plans and the fabric samples. The current lounge does not have a TV, the new one has two, one for the kids and one for the Adults! Starting in January the Atrium Club will be full concierge, similar to Sugar Loaf at the Grand Floridian. Not sure if they will offer alcohol with the Atrium club yet. They will however have Hot appetizers and desserts.

10nis
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Insider...have all the rooms in the tower been renovated now? Our arrival date is Jan 6th and I am seriously considering changing my reservation to CR tower if I know for sure that I will get a renovated room :confused3

Thanks for your help!

The_Insider
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
No only the 10th floor and half of nine are compleated.

Insider...have all the rooms in the tower been renovated now? Our arrival date is Jan 6th and I am seriously considering changing my reservation to CR tower if I know for sure that I will get a renovated room :confused3

Thanks for your help!

jrogers345
10-23-2005, 10:43 AM
No only the 10th floor and half of nine are compleated.

When do you think the other half of 9th will be done?

The_Insider
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
When do you think the other half of 9th will be done?

Construction in the tower has stopped until 12/05/05. At that time the other half of nine will close. It is scheduled to reopen on 01/15/06.

jrogers345
10-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Construction in the tower has stopped until 12/05/05. At that time the other half of nine will close. It is scheduled to reopen on 01/15/06.

Umm, so there's no chance of getting a renovated room with MK view unless you're booked in Consierge floor. :sad2:

WDWRC
10-24-2005, 01:32 AM
The reservation center doesn’t know what they are talking about. For the past few months the resort has used the name Tower Club for 14 and Atrium club for 12 (10). If you PM me your info, or if you know your room category (CC=12 [10], CY & CW=14) I can tell you where you are booked.

Being one of the top performers at CRO, I know you meant to say that "not everyone knows what they are talking about."

The_Insider
10-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Being one of the top performers at CRO, I know you meant to say that "not everyone knows what they are talking about."

I apologize. You are correct. I can't believe I singled out an entire department for one persons ignorance. Sorry.

The_Insider
10-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Umm, so there's no chance of getting a renovated room with MK view unless you're booked in Consierge floor. :sad2:

For now.

dreamalittledream
10-24-2005, 11:04 AM
I really appreciate all of the info on the CR you have shared with us. I am hoping you can help with my problem. We are planning for Dec 1-8, 2006 at CR but want a standard wing room. We have booked a Wing King room b/c that is all that is available.

I have been calling since 500 days out and have called back every few weeks to try to change the room. Still nothing is showing available. Why are they all booked already? No one I have talked to at CRO seems to know why, they just say they are booked and it might be a convention.

Is there something that I can try to get the room we want? Any insight would be helpful.

sixcats
10-28-2005, 04:55 PM
We usually stay DVC, but those new rooms are so pretty. Today I booked a MK view tower room for our first three days. The last time we stayed there was 8 years ago. :Pinkbounc

honeymo78
10-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Insider - do you know what the timeline is for completing tower renovations? I thought I had read somewhere a date of Feb 19 for completion but who knows where I got that one. We booked MK view for Feb 13-17 and are hoping for a renovated room. Just wondering how much they might have done by then.

cobbler
10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok never stayed at Cont and want to next year at the end of Nov/first of December.

Will all the rooms be renovated by then? And what floor do the guest rooms start?

The_Insider
10-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I really appreciate all of the info on the CR you have shared with us. I am hoping you can help with my problem. We are planning for Dec 1-8, 2006 at CR but want a standard wing room. We have booked a Wing King room b/c that is all that is available.

I have been calling since 500 days out and have called back every few weeks to try to change the room. Still nothing is showing available. Why are they all booked already? No one I have talked to at CRO seems to know why, they just say they are booked and it might be a convention.

Is there something that I can try to get the room we want? Any insight would be helpful.

The Democratic convention has book a huge convention on property in the beginning of December. That is why there are no rooms available.

SB in KY
10-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Current schedule says all rennovations complete by 7/06....not sure if that is cast in stone though.

The_Insider
10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Insider - do you know what the timeline is for completing tower renovations? I thought I had read somewhere a date of Feb 19 for completion but who knows where I got that one. We booked MK view for Feb 13-17 and are hoping for a renovated room. Just wondering how much they might have done by then.

The complete refurbishment will not be completed until mid to late 2006, but more new rooms will become available every couple of months.

The_Insider
10-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Ok never stayed at Cont and want to next year at the end of Nov/first of December.

Will all the rooms be renovated by then? And what floor do the guest rooms start?

Most likely all the rooms (except the north) will be completed by then. Bay view rooms start on the 5th floor and MK view start on the 6th.

jrogers345
10-29-2005, 12:16 AM
The complete refurbishment will not be completed until mid to late 2006, but more new rooms will become available every couple of months.

I had read tht the tower refurb starts in august and is to be done by some time feb 2006. But it's already end of Oct. and only 1 1/2 floors are done? And you're saying they stopped for now and will start working later in Dec?

Tower will definitely be taking a LOT longer than Feb. 15. :(

sixcats
10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm confused on the timing too. I thought the regular tower rooms would be done by this June. How likely are we to get a renovated room if we request one?

cobbler
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks Insider. :) Any more rumor news on that North Wing being DVC?

Paisleyjane
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
The renovation has been stalled by the hurricanes. Furniture was being manufactured in areas hurt by hurricanes. The North Wing will be torn down and will be replaced by a 5 story DVC. You can PM me if you have more questions, I will try to answer accurately.

MandaPerry
11-01-2005, 07:22 AM
The renovation has been stalled by the hurricanes. Furniture was being manufactured in areas hurt by hurricanes. The North Wing will be torn down and will be replaced by a 5 story DVC. You can PM me if you have more questions, I will try to answer accurately.

Has the North Wing being replaced by 5 story DVC been announced?

Paisleyjane
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Has the North Wing being replaced by 5 story DVC been announced?

The cm that told me did not tell me it was a secret, or that I shouldn't share that information. I hope that answers your question.

kyirish25
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Wonderful information on CR! Thanks!

Mickey B
11-11-2005, 09:04 PM
I received disturbing news that my 9 month old reservation would be cancelled because NO rooms are available from 12/7-12/13 due to furniture availablility. The wonderful CSR stated that I have a choice of accepting a downgraded room at the Poly (which I hate) or losing my reservation completely. The rep stated that if I didn’t accept the change, that I would be lucky to have a room anywhere on the property.

I think I am being scammed by WDW to accommodate a convention. Who can find out the truth? Usually when a hotel has issues like furniture, plumbing, overbooking etc…an upgrade is available for the customer “trouble”.

Thank for any info
Mickey B

skiwee1
11-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Insider ,I am booked for a tower room Dec 1-7. I booked this months ago and long before the new view premium. I requested a MK view. Two weeks ago I called CRO to ask about something and the CM commented on my request for a MK view. She said I had no chance for it since I didn't pay for it. I don't understand this as I booked before they charged a premium for a MK view. I then offered to pay the extra $$ only to be told there was none left! Needless to say I am already regretting staying at the CR. My mother is getting up there in years and has always wanted to stay at the CR so we are finally going for it! I know that requests are just that and I only have a 50% chance of getting it and that is fine. What I don't like is someone telling me I have no chance of getting it. So is what the CM tellling me is true about not having any chance for a MK view? I couldn't care less for a rehabbed room! It's the view we want!

Mickey B
11-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I feel your pain- I have two small children that are will be in tears if it isn't the CR (they think MM actually live there). The "Snowballs chance..." approach from WDW is something that is new to me. I am used to being treated with the BEST customer service anywhere at WDW and the CR...then this came up (after they took my payment).

bcooper
11-13-2005, 10:47 PM
I am staying with my wife and my son who will be turning one year old on thanksgiving at the Contemporary from 11/21 through 11/25. Is there any advice on how to gaurentee that we get a king size nonsmoking room and any tips on how best to request an upgrade from a garden room to a tower room. Any help to make my son's first Disney experience the best.

Can't wait to introduce my son to Disney and start a tradition that my dad started with me by taking me almost every year until I turned 18.

Kteacher
12-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Any recent news on the remodel :)

kyirish25
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
We stayed at CR from Nov 26th - Dec 4th. They were working on the 9th floor MK view and also 8th floor Bayview.

It was easy to tell which floors were complete because of the black doors and also the new balconies from the outside.

jrogers345
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Insider ,I am booked for a tower room Dec 1-7. I booked this months ago and long before the new view premium. I requested a MK view. Two weeks ago I called CRO to ask about something and the CM commented on my request for a MK view. She said I had no chance for it since I didn't pay for it. I don't understand this as I booked before they charged a premium for a MK view. I then offered to pay the extra $$ only to be told there was none left! Needless to say I am already regretting staying at the CR. My mother is getting up there in years and has always wanted to stay at the CR so we are finally going for it! I know that requests are just that and I only have a 50% chance of getting it and that is fine. What I don't like is someone telling me I have no chance of getting it. So is what the CM tellling me is true about not having any chance for a MK view? I couldn't care less for a rehabbed room! It's the view we want!

The Premium price is suppose to start for 2006!!! There should be some kind of management to get in touch with. Also, how could she tell you that you have no chance??? Everything I've read says rooms are not assigned until couple of days before arrival?

Umm, I see your trip is already over. Let us know what happened.

jrogers345
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I received disturbing news that my 9 month old reservation would be cancelled because NO rooms are available from 12/7-12/13 due to furniture availablility. The wonderful CSR stated that I have a choice of accepting a downgraded room at the Poly (which I hate) or losing my reservation completely. The rep stated that if I didn’t accept the change, that I would be lucky to have a room anywhere on the property.

I think I am being scammed by WDW to accommodate a convention. Who can find out the truth? Usually when a hotel has issues like furniture, plumbing, overbooking etc…an upgrade is available for the customer “trouble”.

Thank for any info
Mickey B

I would be royally p*ssed! First of all, do you mean to tell me that that many rooms were booked at CR before your 9 mth reserv? so that you are at the bottom of the list? Sounds like BS.. this renovation is behind schedule... BUT they still only have one floor closed down at a time which had to of been considered when they booked rooms.

I see that you "should" be there right now. Let us know what happened!!

JMB
01-12-2006, 09:40 PM
This thread's been quiet for a month, but I was hoping someone (the Insider?) could say if there's any recent word about when the "Atrium Club" would be moving from 10 back to 12 (with a lounge!).

The Insider reported back in Oct. that this was expected to happen in June '06, but someone else said Feb.

As of now, the official site is "selling" Atrium Club as 12th Floor and Tower Club as 14th Floor.

Thanks for any info!

The_Insider
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone I'm back!!!! Sorry I have been gone so long. If you sent me a pm I will try to answer them soon. I have some great info I will be posting soon.

NJRAM
01-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Insider,
We have reservations for next week. Am I correct that the South Garden is being rehabed? If so, do you have a specific room recommendation for the North Garden (Garden Standar View) which is as close to the tower as possible and a nice view?
Also, what are the chances for an upgrade and how should I handle?
Thanks for any and all info you can give!!!

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Is the South or North wing closer to MK? Which one is preferred? Can you request a specific wing?

Also, when is the re-hab suppose to be completed?

Thank you.

Cheryl-Feb06
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Is the south wing rennovation completed yet? If not, are any of the rooms or floors in the south wing open?

beastlyprince
01-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Is the South or North wing closer to MK? Which one is preferred? Can you request a specific wing?

Also, when is the re-hab suppose to be completed?

Thank you.

The North Garden Wing is closer to the MK and to the "back door" to the Food and Fun Center (counter service restaurant and game room).

I stayed in that wing (standard view, a.k.a. parking lot view) and my view was of the Tower and the monorail.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
The North Garden Wing is closer to the MK and to the "back door" to the Food and Fun Center (counter service restaurant and game room).

I stayed in that wing (standard view, a.k.a. parking lot view) and my view was of the Tower and the monorail.

Thanks. Did you like it?

MermaidsMom
01-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone I'm back!!!! Sorry I have been gone so long. If you sent me a pm I will try to answer them soon. I have some great info I will be posting soon.

Any update on the new info? Is the tower club on the 14th floor too "fancy" for 2 teenaged boys? Also, has it been remodeled yet? Thanks!

glass slipper girl
01-17-2006, 01:03 PM
I read somewhere recently that the rehab was supposed to be done by summer but now they are saying October. I know before they were saying 14th floor would be the last one done. We have ressies for 14th floor in September...should I be worried?

Dizz42
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Just got back from 14th floor concierge. According to CM's, 14th floor will be the last floor remodeled. They are not sure of the time schedule but did say it should be done by our next visit (December, 2006). ::yes:: Target is October.

I asked if there would be any changes to the room configurations and they said the number of rooms and suites is the same. They didn't see any floor plans or blueprints so they didn't have much info on that.

Remodeled or not, the room was very nice, all CM's were super and the view is amazing!

disney-super-mom
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Geeeeeez, I got all caught up reading this thread and now I must know...

...What is the great info?! The suspense is driving me crazy! :crazy2:

Also, any more news about a CR DVC?

JMB
01-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Just got back from 14th floor concierge. According to CM's, 14th floor will be the last floor remodeled. . . .

Do you know if/when the other floor of concierge has moved/will move from 10 back up to 12?

Thanks!

glass slipper girl
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Just got back from 14th floor concierge. According to CM's, 14th floor will be the last floor remodeled. They are not sure of the time schedule but did say it should be done by our next visit (December, 2006). Target is October.

The target being October is what worries me. :( we are scheduled to be there starting 9/14 so I'm worried we are going to get that "you can't stay here, we're going to have to move you to _________" calls.

Dizz42
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
JMB:
Atrium Club was still on the 10th floor set up in the elevator lobby area. They said they are supposed to be putting in a lounge on the 12th floor similar to the one on the 14th floor. No date was mentioned though. Sorry I can't be of more help. :flower3:

Glass Slipper Girl:
Gee, I hope you don't get one of those calls but they did say overall it was going a little slower than they had anticipated. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ::yes::

JMB
01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
JMB:
Atrium Club was still on the 10th floor set up in the elevator lobby area. They said they are supposed to be putting in a lounge on the 12th floor similar to the one on the 14th floor. No date was mentioned though. Sorry I can't be of more help. :flower3:

Thanks for the info -- glad you had a good time!

Grace&Carolinesmom
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM

I too am DYING HERE :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Insider...you left us hanging with such a tasty morsel just dangling there.....If I don't read your great info soon :teacher: I am gonna need some happy pills to take me to some happy place far, far, far away from reality where everyone is wearing white coats....

Harryo
01-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Bumping up

kawaba
01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi All

I just got back from my Disney vacation and have some news about the Contemporary. I stayed in the newly opened south wing rooms from Jan 17 - 21. I have not posted until today because we were on the 7 day Disney Cruise and this is my first day back to work. When we arrived on the 17th the workers were putting up the construction walls around the half of the south wing that is closest to the tower. Our room was on Bay lake and looked just like the pictures that have been on the boards of the tower rooms. The outside of the completed section of the south wing has been painted and looks great. It is the same beige color that the tower is painted and has the new windows and railings. They did not add balconies as someone had posted saying they were. Just giving the outside a paint job really made it look nice. I also noticed new carpeting around the monorail platform which was looking terrible when I stayed at the Contemporary in 2005.

That’s all for now.

mrrigby
01-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Any news about how the Tower refurbishment is coming along? My wife and I are staying in the Tower August of 2006. I am hoping all of the Tower rooms will be rehabbed by then. Anyone with some information to share would be very helpful!

kawaba
01-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Any news about how the Tower refurbishment is coming along? My wife and I are staying in the Tower August of 2006. I am hoping all of the Tower rooms will be rehabbed by then. Anyone with some information to share would be very helpful!

It looks like floors 8,9 and 10 are complete and they are now working on the 7th floor. They were putting up the netting around the 7th floor balconies when I was there from the 17th - 21st

bjakmom
01-30-2006, 01:34 PM
kawaba - how did you like the location of the south wing? Did you walk the path to MK? I have booked a std wing room for a few nights the week after thanksgiving and requested the south wing since all the rooms should be finished by then. I've chosen this location because I am taking my DD and DGrD(2) and I could very likely end up alone with DGrD (which I would love, too!) at the last minute. We are DVC owners, but chose CR as I am planning on staying right in the MK area - doing Poly b'fast, GF b'fast, Chef Mickey's (of course) MVMCP, CRT. I also requested an upper floor as I didn't want to have to worry about a just-turned 3 yo and a balcony while I was asleep. We will be doing early mornings, taking a nap and swim, then back out for late day/dinner. Walking at WDW never bothers me, I'm always waaaay ahead of the kids and they beg me to slow down :cool1: . Any opinions/ suggestions about staying in the south wing - I have read so many bad reviews of the wing rooms, I am just going to hope for the best since the location seems to meet so many of my needs. TIA ! :smooth:

kawaba
01-31-2006, 12:59 PM
bjakmom - I have stayed in the south wing on 3 different trips and have never had a bad experience. On our last trip we were about as far from the tower as you can be and I still did not feel like I was to far from anything. I do not think it takes more then a few minutes to walk to the tower from our room. I certainly did not think I needed to time it to see how long it actually took. I have never had a bad stay in the tower or the south wing and believe that people that complain about it just need something to complain about. I am sure there will be some that will complain about the renovations too. Our renovated room was great and I know we will be staying at the Contemporary in January 07 when we take another Disney cruise.

happydays
02-06-2006, 03:49 AM
I think I've read through all of the pertinent threads, but I am still so confused ...
We're booked to stay in an Atrium room the first week of June. The only reason I booked it is because we were led to believe that it is now a true concierge level service and the rooms are snazzy and new (and I have always wanted to stay here). As I now understand it, we will be on the 10th floor and the "concierge" is in a hallway by the elevators. I don't see how that can meet the expectations I have based on our other resort experiences (We have previously stayed in concierge at Poly and AKL and I really like the level of service and various food offerings that those resorts provided).
So ... would I be better off trying to get a room on the 14th floor and stay in an older (and maybe shabby??) room to have a real concierge experience or can anyone out there who has stayed at the Atrium level tell me that it was on par with the other resorts.
Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I looked at the pictures of the 14th floor and new rooms on the wdwig site and the 14th doesn't look too bad ... :confused3

penlanspice
02-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh no, this is not what I was looking to read.
We have reservations for the 14th floor the beginning of Oct. Now if they are doing that floor last wont it be closed around that time??

Anyone have anything new on the subject?

Sam

Harryo
02-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Bumping on up

Marilynbn
02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok, Insider it's been over a month since your last post..what is the great news that you have to report???? Marilyn

apachegw
02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Will the either wing be done by June?

kawaba
02-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Will the either wing be done by June?

I stayed in the South Wing the week of January 16th. The back half of the South Wing was complete and work was being started on the half closed to the Tower. I would guess that the South Wing would be complete around June

apachegw
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Awesome! I wish the Disney Insider would give us an update on the property. They seem to know exact dates and such.

terryfromhawaii
02-16-2006, 02:30 PM
that by the time I get there (Nov 2006) the Atrium Club which is now on the 10th floor (remodeled rooms) will be moved back to the 12th floor (remodeled). She said it should actually be moved back my June. :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo:

happydays
02-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh I hope it is June - that would be great! Of course, we arrive on the second so could still miss it, but ya know ... I'm sure its going to be great anyway because my kids will dig it regardless of where the concierge is - in the hallway or in a castle! pixiedust:

Harryo
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Bumping this up

sheri236
03-07-2006, 07:35 AM
i'm bumping also. we want to book a room in one of the wings for late oct but when i called, all that was available was tower mk view and suites. i was told that they hold rooms in the hopes of booking conventions and may not release them to the general public until just a few weeks before. i didn't know if this was true or if it something to do with the rehabs. any input from a cr expert would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

triplefigs
03-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Disney Insider,

Any other news? We're booked in the Atrium Club for December.

"thegirls"
03-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Has anyone been here lately! Is the renovation complete? I am checking in on the 10th of April and cannot finad any new infor on the rehab!!
Anyone?? Please???
Thanks,
Debbie

penlanspice
03-23-2006, 02:25 AM
I had an email back from the concierge and they told me the work would be completed by the end of August and the 14th floor will be the last to be renovated.

Alicnwondrln
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
this is a great thead they should merge it with the CR FAQ thread
so it all together

"thegirls"
04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi~
I am just back as of this morning. I spent 5 day on the 14th floor. It is not renovated. I spent 5 days in the south wing 1st floor lake view. It is fully renovated. I was very impressed. The look is true modern by todays standards, crome and mirror acccents....brown and beige color scheme...and best of all a flat screen built in t.v.. I agree with other posters that the storage space is limited. I also missed a full length mirror. The door to the bathroom and seperate comode do not lock but the smoked glass is pretty 'smoked' so that you can only make out a culvotled shape due to the beveled smoking. One of my favorite little improvements is the marble at the doorway. Befor you enter the room you have a mini entrance of marble that leeds into the marble floor in the room. I also like the stainlees steelplate that runs the lengh of your door on the right side(handle side.
Overall we LOVE the new rooms. As a seasoned CR fan I am very happy to continue to keep this resort as my favorite!!!
Now I did hear a rumor that the north wing will not undergo a renovation. I was told by 2 bellmen that it is slated to be leveled and a new building will replace it. The new building will be a timeshare. One of the men said the reason they choose the north wing was due to building codes. Something about the South wing being to close to the water line and not appropiate for new construction.
I can definately confirm that the 11th and 12th floors in the tower are closed and actively being renovated. You can actually see the shell of the inside of one of the rooms from the monirail going from the MK. So it's not just a facelift but a total remodel...walls and all.
take Care,
Debbie J

ploto
04-18-2006, 02:30 PM
When will the North wing's remoldeing begin, and when will it be complete? Thanks

lark
04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Now I did hear a rumor that the north wing will not undergo a renovation. I was told by 2 bellmen that it is slated to be leveled and a new building will replace it. The new building will be a timeshare. One of the men said the reason they choose the north wing was due to building codes. Something about the South wing being to close to the water line and not appropiate for new construction.

This is certianly consistent with what many have been saying. The building code is interesting too, because it tends to confirm that the DVC that will be built there will not be just a 3-story wing like the south wing, but instead (as reported) another tall tower to stand next to the hotel.

Alicnwondrln
04-18-2006, 03:18 PM
wow
do you think all the tower rooms will really be done by august

csaribay
04-18-2006, 03:38 PM
wow
do you think all the tower rooms will really be done by august

The crews can work relatively quickly on each floor. Baring any supply issues with room furnishings, it's certainly more than possible. Each floor takes a couple weeks to do.

ktink
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I have some questions, please. I'm really not very familiar w/ CR but as I read more on it I'm impressed. Now, we are going 9/3-9/9 and if we stay at CR it will only be a standard room. Are all of the standard rooms in the wings? And what are the chances of getting a newly renovated room? I've seen some pictures of the new rooms posted and they are gorgeous. I called CRO and they quoted me a rate that is $500 less than Poly and it is only $500 more than CBR. I'm thinking location, location, location.

Also are there any activities for the children in the pool or at the resort during the day that are comparable to those at AKL or Poly? TIA :teeth:

vacationbound
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I wonder when construction (or demolition) would begin on the North Wing? Any ideas? :stir:

HeyItsDeb
04-30-2006, 12:17 AM
My husb and I are going to WDW for the very first time June 3-10 for our 20th anniversary. We requested a North Wing room. I didn't know they wouldn't be renovated. I tried to upgrade to the Tower Bay Lake View, but they told me they were full. I heard a lot about the shabbiness of the old rooms and now I'm worried. It's my first trip to the World and I want it to feel great! I don't want to be disappointed! What are the chances I'd get upgraded? I'm thinking maybe I should check the Polynesian. Also, what's the big news?

mouseaddicts
05-06-2006, 01:25 AM
What's happened to The Insider??? :confused3

I was hoping to read more & get an "inside scoop" on the big news!