PDA

View Full Version : WL Expert Needed

sillyguys
08-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Is it possible to walk from the WL to FW. If so, about how long of a walk. Thanks for your help.

grimley1968
08-25-2005, 03:56 PM
I've heard that you can, but it's a long one. I'd imagine it would be at least a 20-minute walk. It would be easier just to catch the boat over to FW.

KLEONARD
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
If you are at the bus stops, walk down the sidewalk. Cross the road where the busses come in. There is a blacktop path that runs along the road from FW to WL. It is less than a mile (I have jogged it in 8 minutes, and I jog 10 minute miles!). I have thought about walking to HDDR, but the walk back might be too dark. It winds up taking you to where the petting zoo used to be, right by pioneer hall.

DW, Dniece(4yo) and I will be @ VWL Oct. 16th-21st. MNSSHP here we come.

chip64
08-25-2005, 05:52 PM
pirate: I personally have rode bikes on the path you are talking about and I for one wouldn't want to walk this path. I think it's either 3/4-to 1 mile. I could be wrong but believe me it would be quite a trek by foot. Hope this helps. Chip.

sillyguys
08-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks for your responses. If walking is not an option, can you take either a boat or bus to FW?

Starz723
08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Ive rode there on a bike to the petting zoo. Thats fun.

If you like to walk its ok, given its not sweltering hot...if not take the boat ride over or rent bike.

jarestel
08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your responses. If walking is not an option, can you take either a boat or bus to FW?

During the day, walking is definitely an option, as the distance is a mile or less, nothing too strenuous. I've done the walk plenty of times, even with my grandchildren. It's at most 15-20 minutes. The path isn't lit at night, so I wouldn't try it after dark.

There are plenty of boats from the WL to FW, you won't have a problem with that option at all. Have a great trip!

disneymom1
08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
We walked with an 8 year old and a 6 year old. There is an unpaved path through the woods or you can also walk on the paved bike path. The unpaved path is shorter since it hugs the shoreline of the lake part of the way. We took the unpaved path and it was about a 15 minute walk. We spent some time at the petting zoo, explored the store and then took the boat back from FW to WL. The boats run about every 10 or 15 minutes and it is a very pleasant ride.

We have also rented bikes and ridden on the bike path. My guess is that it would take 20 - 25 minutes to walk on that path to FW.

MAGICinMYHEART
08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
When you check in they will give you resort information with transportaion to Ft. Wilderness included. Following is a map of the jogging/walking/bike trails that run between the two resorts. The busses also run between the two resorts every few minutes. Have a great trip.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/wljog.jpg