PDA

View Full Version : Pop - soccer tourn in Jan

imsayin
08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
We're going to a soccer tournament, held at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (in January). We're considering staying at the Pop. How close is this to the Sports Complex? Any other insight is appreciated.

Maverick Mike
08-25-2005, 12:02 PM
I would say it is about the closest resort to WWoS. Also, your kids will love it. We have stayed there twice and think it is just awesome!

What kind of tournament is it? When are the actual dates? I woud love more information on it, as I coach a u9 girls team here in Missouri!

Thanks!

AJKMOM
08-25-2005, 12:13 PM
If you don't have a car, make sure you learn how to get there by bus. We learned the hard way that you must take a bus to Disney-MGM (for now) Studios and transfer to another bus to Wild World of Sports. Don't believe the CM's ,like we did, that you can get there from DTD.

You may need to purchase a separate admission ticket to see the games.

jrmasm
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
you may not be able to count on bus transportation. If the buses to MGM start running at 8:00am and your child is sceduled to play an 8:00am game, you are out of luck without a car.

If you're not driving or getting a rental, you might want to double check that scenario with the tournament officials.

disneyobessed
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
I believe its right across from where you exit the POP. its withen.25 mile a way.