PDA

View Full Version : Booking WDW This Morning at POR..Last Minute Q's ???

bellenbuzz
08-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Okay, I am booking this morning for 3 families.Total of 10 ppl. We are going to book Port Orleans Riverside. And are adding the Dining Plan too and Park Hopper and Water Park Add-Ons.
We want the Alligator Bayou Section at POR. We need 3 Separate Rooms of course, to be close together would be nice.
What is Considered a "Waterview Room" at POR ????
In 1997 I stayed in building 18 across from Quiet Pool and loved it...Is that still a great building to chose (or request) ???
Any suggestions PLEASE OH PLEASE. I want to get this all confirmed and any input or tips while booking would be GREAT !! :disrocks: :flower3:

vacationwoman
08-25-2005, 10:55 AM
18 is still a good location. Your "waterview" doesn't have to be of the pool area, it could also be of the river.

100AcreWood
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
18 is still a good location. Your "waterview" doesn't have to be of the pool area, it could also be of the river.

Hi Vacation Woman,
You seem to have a lot of experience staying at POR! I just booked our December vacation and will be staying at POR for the first time. Any other tips or tricks we should know about?

Thanks!

SAWYERMAW1
08-26-2005, 12:53 PM
We were in Bldg. 18 in May. It's a great location. Bldg. 14 is closer to the food court and buses but has a higher noise level. I wouldn't go beyond Bldg. 18 due to walking distance. Bldg. 15 and 16 are good locations but there is a chance of a parking lot view. Enjoy!!

deejohn
08-26-2005, 02:31 PM
We stayed in Building 12 with a waterview of the River. It was nicely located near the cafeteria and a short walk over the bridge to the Swimmin' Hole. We loved it and would book it again, however, we are 6 now and won't fit. POR is a great resort, you'll love it!!

SAWYERMAW1
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Where is Bldg. 12? POR AB section starts with AB #14.

Hawk
09-04-2005, 11:53 AM
bellenbuzz: Why pay the extra for a waterview room? Will you be staying in the room looking out the window for any length of time? There are several standard rooms that you can get that have a great view without spending the extra $$. Just a thought. Have a great time.

Hawk

isyt
09-04-2005, 12:12 PM
bellenbuzz: Why pay the extra for a waterview room? Will you be staying in the room looking out the window for any length of time? There are several standard rooms that you can get that have a great view without spending the extra $$. Just a thought. Have a great time.

Hawk

My personal experience is never ever pay for a waterview. The way thge value and mods are set up your doors and windows are next to each other. So if your curtains are open anyone and everyone is looking in your room. Just like a car accident you have to look ( I'm guilty too ). I paid for a waterview the first time and never opened the curtains so what a waste. I do however enjoy bldg 14 due to the fact after the kids go to bed I like to get my nightly tea.

bellenbuzz
09-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks!
It does make sense, right?!
Okay, I already booked my room/package....CAN I now call and change my room from a "waterview" to a "Standard" without any problem?? AND will they change the total of my package by deducting that amount ??!!
It just sounded so lovely ...'Waterview"..... :wizard: princess:

deejohn
09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Where is Bldg. 12? POR AB section starts with AB #14.
We stayed in room 1412 according to my paperwork, I mistyped the number. It is building 14, which was an excellent location for me and my 3 kids and expectant mother!!! Close to everything - food, main pool, launch, and bus stop. Here is a link to a map:
http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/_ResortAssets/Port_Orleans_French_Quarter/Port_Orleans_French_Quarter_Map.pdf

mhf
09-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I know this is really out there...DH likes to walk places. I don't see how it's possible to walk from POR to Epcot...or is it? How long does it take to bus there?

I have a hold on a room at POR and am now considering Swan as I can get the government rate...any hints or ideas?

Thanks!

MHF :paw:

Amy&Dan
09-04-2005, 06:14 PM
No you cannot walk to Epcot. The bus ride is probably around 10 minutes to Epcot. If he has his heart set on walking to Epcot from a resort you need to choose Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk or the Swan Dolphin. POR is a beautiful resort. We stayed there last April and could not have been more in love with the place. If you do like to walk there is plenty of beautiful paths to stroll or jog on at POR's extensive grounds. You can also walk over to the French Quarter and check out their grounds and pool. The main draw to POR for us was the boat to DTD and the quiet beauty of the resort. Swan Dolphin would be a great bet if you can get the government rate. Good luck with your decision!

100AcreWood
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I know this is really out there...DH likes to walk places. I don't see how it's possible to walk from POR to Epcot...or is it? How long does it take to bus there?

I have a hold on a room at POR and am now considering Swan as I can get the government rate...any hints or ideas?

Thanks!

MHF :paw:

We're staying at POR for the first time in December so I can't comment there. But I have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin. The thing I like best is being able to walk/boat to DS and EPCOT. The resort is also very beautiful. Especially at night when it is lit up. The rooms are good. The beds in the Swan were wonderful! The only negative I would comment is the fan in the bathroom didn't work so the bathroom was steamed up everytime one of us took a shower! I'd definitely return though.

Let me know if you have any other questions!