PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mug

Planner999
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
What drinks can you fill up your $12 refillable mug with at Pop Century besides regular soft drinks ? Apple juice ? Icees ? Milk ?

THANKS !

wfloyd
08-25-2005, 05:29 AM
You can get tea, coffee, soft drinks and frozen cokes at Pop.

goofy4tink
08-25-2005, 06:31 AM
They also had lemonade and apple juice when we were there 3 weeks ago.

jann1033
08-25-2005, 07:01 AM
just some things i hadn't thought of when we paid for the mugs...are you going to want to lug them around the park all day if you eat breakfast waiting for the bus( like us), are you going to eat/be at Pop that much? i thought we'd get our money's worth but really had to work at it to do so.... we basically used them for our morning coffee and what we ended up doing for breakfast was take our mugs and fill them, at checkout ask for a styrofoam cup, go to the room, transfer the coffee and leave the mug...kind of a lot of hassle! so we maybe save $5 total...don't think i'd do it again to try and save money although it's nice to use it now and remember the trip

tubachick
08-25-2005, 07:59 AM
IMO--- the refillable mugs are a good deal if you are there for three or more days. They are about $12 and drinks cost about $2 per drink. SOOOO-- if you get only one drink a day on the way to the parks/breakfast, and another on your way back to the room after the parks you have already received the "cup" for free (kinda) :confused3 at least that is how we justify it. Since we carry our backpack with us, the lugging it around issue was not big, we also used it for water breaks at the parks, -- from the water fountians :flower: .

BTW-- we never buy more than 2 cups-- we can share-- take two straws, etc.

AND-- I like to drink my morning tea in it when I get home to remind me of my magical trip!!!

That just my opinion. :blush:

Tinkerbell's Mom
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I've really been contemplating the mugs since we are on the dining plan, but I'm a big drinker so I think I'll be spending a lot on drinks if I don't get the mug. I will get a drink with my breakfast using my cs meal but we will be coming back to the resort for naps and then at night I would imagine before bed I'll want a drink, does anyone have any input on thoughts here? I thought about buying just 2 mugs, one for my dbf and I to share and one for my parents to share and then my daughter still loves her sippy cup so I could even fill the mug and turn around and dump it in the sippy cup then refill it for myself . . . $12 per mug seems like a lot when we are on the dining plan, last year we all got the mugs but we weren't on the plan so of course we saved tons. :confused3

Mycroft
08-25-2005, 11:19 AM
...Making some popcorn and hiding under my snack table... :rolleyes1

Lanie
08-25-2005, 11:27 AM
I've really been contemplating the mugs since we are on the dining plan, but I'm a big drinker so I think I'll be spending a lot on drinks if I don't get the mug. I will get a drink with my breakfast using my cs meal but we will be coming back to the resort for naps and then at night I would imagine before bed I'll want a drink, does anyone have any input on thoughts here? I thought about buying just 2 mugs, one for my dbf and I to share and one for my parents to share and then my daughter still loves her sippy cup so I could even fill the mug and turn around and dump it in the sippy cup then refill it for myself . . . $12 per mug seems like a lot when we are on the dining plan, last year we all got the mugs but we weren't on the plan so of course we saved tons. :confused3

I definately think you should get the mugs. Me & my bf are gonna be on the dining plan, and we will take bottled drinks at the food court with the counter service meal, so that we can bring them in the parks! :cool1:

Tinkerbell's Mom
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I definately think you should get the mugs. Me & my bf are gonna be on the dining plan, and we will take bottled drinks at the food court with the counter service meal, so that we can bring them in the parks! :cool1:

Wow that is a really great idea, I'd never even thought of that. :banana:

crow11ad
08-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Get the mugs and start a collection.

ceecee
08-25-2005, 09:05 PM
That's what we do.....and have we got a collection going. POP has to be the ugliest mugs of all, why can't they make them a little more appealing? We have to choice where to stay by what mugs we still need to collect! ;)

Txcamper
08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I know you are only supposed to use the refillable mug at the resort you bought it at...but, do "they" really monitor that? We plan to visit other hotels and ideally would like to get refills at them also. :wave2: Any suggestions?

jann1033
08-25-2005, 10:04 PM
...Making some popcorn and hiding under my snack table... :rolleyes1
pass me some of that pop corn and let the beatings begin!!!! wish i could figure our how to mark THIS thread:rotfl:

BBGirl
08-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I know you are only supposed to use the refillable mug at the resort you bought it at...but, do "they" really monitor that? We plan to visit other hotels and ideally would like to get refills at them also. :wave2: Any suggestions?
As you stated you know the rules... so I will answer the question to the best of my limited ability. We saw LOADS and LOADS of other resort cups when we were at ASMo this July even saw a few from Pizza Planet :rotfl2: so I would say they don't monitor it that well. BTW we will be buying NEW mugs when we return in December even staying at the same resort. They just take up too much space in the luggage if your not bringing them HOME. :rotfl2:
Now let the bashing begin. :guilty:

DannyDisneyFreak
08-25-2005, 10:30 PM
pass me some of that pop corn and let the beatings begin!!!! wish i could figure our how to mark THIS thread:rotfl:
Here we go! (Read my WARNING)

scrapperjill
08-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Were only going to WDW for two days and still plan on buying one or two mugs...I figure if you were just out right purchase the mug you'd be spending somewhere between $5-9 for it alone...so for the additional $7-3 for the "refills" it's seem like an okay deal anyway you look at it.

We are also on the MYW dinning plan...and plan on (when we eat at the hotel/resort) getting bottled water as our "beverage" and using the mug to fill up and drink then.

I also like the idea/tip on using the mug in the parks for water breaks. Anyone know if you can have them filled with ice at CS places? We usually clip our water bottle tou our pack and tote them around that way...I hadn't thought of having to carry the mugs around the park all day if we filled up before we caught the shuttle...but I guess we could just clip the mug on and leave the water bottle behind....matter of fact...that could save some space when packing to go :smooth:

Anyway...IMO I don't think the mugs are a bad deal...for us it will be more for a souviner (that we can use the WHOLE time) than for pratical money saving reasons.

Txcamper
08-26-2005, 08:19 AM
I read your "warning" and thought it was a joke. I thought that's what this forum was for, asking questions.
Excuse me....I'll go post somewhere else from now on.

jann1033
08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
I read your "warning" and thought it was a joke. I thought that's what this forum was for, asking questions.
Excuse me....I'll go post somewhere else from now on.

sorry txcamper please don't take it personally there are just some "hot" issues and refillable mugs is one. i wasn't making fun of your question but just know it might bring out the "mug police"

here's what it says on the side of the Pop Century mug :free unlimited refills from our beverage islands druing the stay in which the mug was purchased

Lanie
08-26-2005, 10:49 AM
You can get tea, coffee, soft drinks and frozen cokes at Pop.

Is there frozen coke at ASMo too? I don't remember them from May 2004 but I LOVE frozen coke! :love: :blush:

kim35
08-26-2005, 12:13 PM
How big are the refillable mugs? I love my morning coffee and will need more than 1 cup, but don't want to have to make several trips to the food court to keep getting more..

jann1033
08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
average travel mug size maybe 12 oz i would guess

Gooofy-Blade
08-26-2005, 04:28 PM
got any butter to go with that popcorn........

but really, if we didn't discuss the mug debates what would we have to do with our free time! It's good for the soul....and the soles....of the mug men! ;)

cocodog
08-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Hot chocolate........

Mycroft
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
got any butter to go with that popcorn........Sure I do. I take a handful of those little butter packets every time I go to a restaurant. That's OK isn't it? :rotfl2:

jann1033
08-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Sure I do. I take a handful of those little butter packets every time I go to a restaurant. That's OK isn't it? :rotfl2:

well i got my coke left in my 5 gallon refillable mug/ stock pot ( got it at walmart 9.99 before we left and glued a homemade "Pop " lable on it so i could go once for our entire floor at Pop ... no one noticed even when i used it while i was pool hopping at the GF....)to go with the popcorn. our last trip was 2 yrs ago but it still is a little fizzy as i keep the lid on.

annie1995
08-26-2005, 06:54 PM
OK, I read the warning from an earlier post, and all I can say to that is YEAH RIGHT..... We split our stay last year between two resorts, and had no problem using the POP mugs at Riverside. No one ever stopped us, no security was called, never washed a dish etc.....

jann1033
08-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Here we go! (Read my WARNING)

just read your warning and am thinking he might have filled his mug with a little too much... um... adult beverage if you get my drift

BBGirl
08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
OK, I read the warning from an earlier post, and all I can say to that is YEAH RIGHT..... We split our stay last year between two resorts, and had no problem using the POP mugs at Riverside. No one ever stopped us, no security was called, never washed a dish etc.....
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Thanks I needed a good laugh.

annie1995
08-26-2005, 07:14 PM
just read your warning and am thinking he might have filled his mug with a little too much... um... adult beverage if you get my drift

You are so right!!! That was funny, I needed that!!!

:jumping1:

scrapperjill
08-27-2005, 02:37 AM
How big are the refillable mugs? I love my morning coffee and will need more than 1 cup, but don't want to have to make several trips to the food court to keep getting more..

I thought the refillable mugs were a 32oz size...am I wrong???

Amyrlin
08-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know which refills are at POQF, is there the frozen lemonade, I love that!!!!

jann1033
08-27-2005, 08:48 PM
I thought the refillable mugs were a 32oz size...am I wrong???

Yes. sorry you are wrong :confused3 . i measured mine from pop in 2004 and i stand corrected rather than 12 oz, i could almost squeeze 16 oz in to the ery rim of the mug although the last 2 would probably spill out when i put the lid on so it holds about 13- 14 oz tops ( the very bottom of the lid is at 14 oz

scrapperjill
08-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh...Wow..They look so much bigger in the photos I've seen. I've never actually seen one in person as this will be our VERY FIRST trip to the world :teeth: ...I still think we'll get a couple..as souviners. And anyway with them being smaller it'll make them easer to tote around ALL day long...to use at water breaks. I was starting to wonder how nice/easy lugging around 32oz cups would be... :rolleyes:

Buzzfan
08-27-2005, 10:01 PM
What kind of drinks can you get with the refillable mugs at CSR? My son only drinks chocolate milk or apple juice, no soft drinks??

DannyDisneyFreak
08-29-2005, 02:17 AM
What kind of drinks can you get with the refillable mugs at CSR? My son only drinks chocolate milk or apple juice, no soft drinks??
Beverage Station

Orange Juice $2.99
Soft Drinks $1.99
Assorted Juices $2.99
Coffee or Tea $1.69
Milk $1.29

Tinkerbelll
08-29-2005, 02:24 AM
ATTN MOD!!!! WE NEED A REFILLABLE MUG STICKY!!!!!!!!

That way, when the subject comes up, as it so very often does, the OP can be referred to all the rules and opinions in one thread at the top and everyone can stop hiding under their "snack tables"!! (Maybe throw pool hopping, smoking, and stroller etiquette up there too)... :duck:

wfloyd
08-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Is there frozen coke at ASMo too? I don't remember them from May 2004 but I LOVE frozen coke! :love: :blush:

Not that I am aware of.

goofy4tink
08-29-2005, 06:46 AM
A couple of thoughts...I now have a collection of about 17 of the stupid things. Drinking my coffee out of my most recent one from Pop....I actually like the design, but I grew up in the 60's!!! I will continue to buy one when I stay at a resort (non-DVC) each time. It is just too much hassle to bring them back with me. As far as bringing them to the parks during the day...I have seen people do this, but that would bug me. I wouldn't carry it,so it would have to be attached to my fanny pack and I would hate to have it banging against me all day. So, I just buy bottled water or, gasp, grab a quick drink from the water fountain/bubbler.

100AcreWood
08-29-2005, 12:25 PM
It seems like the type of drinks vary at each resort. Other than coffee and sodas, what other beverages can be found at each resort? What about juice for the kids or milk?

jann1033
08-29-2005, 12:37 PM
It seems like the type of drinks vary at each resort. Other than coffee and sodas, what other beverages can be found at each resort? What about juice for the kids or milk?

the milk and i believe juice also are in containers in the get to go areas( at least that is what i remember from pop) so they aren't refillable and are an extra charge. the refillable stuff is the stuff on the beverage bars...coffee, tea, ice tea, pop,tap water, frozencoke( as of 04) at pop..maybe lemonaide or fruit punch(? brain fog)

hojo
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
ok, so what is fozen coke? Is it a slush or like an Italian Ice?