PDA

View Full Version : switched resorts on me!

Honeybug
08-25-2005, 01:20 AM
In October my husband and 2 little girls under 3 were going to take a vacation to Disney World with my sister, brother-in-law and 2 nieces under 3. We booked the trip on my sister's credit card. When we decided to take this trip we agreed that we were going to stay from Oct.1st-Oct.9 at the Pop Century in connecting rooms. This WAS supposed to be a cheap (since we booked because of the great dining package) and fun vacation for both families.

mrFDNY
08-25-2005, 01:26 AM
go have a blast!!maybe you guys can meet up at the parks.also i was thinking (i don't do it often,i promise)maybe her's is a mistake?maybe you should bring it up to her as you thought disney made a mistake and see what she says?i still say go,go,go have a blast.if you really want meet up at the parks!the kids can still do disney together if you guys meet up at the entrances in the a.m. at the park.have fun planning!!!

mrFDNY
08-25-2005, 01:29 AM
one more thing, i think you guys will love pop!!!we have stayed at alot of different resort including the comtempary and in oct we will be visiting pop also for our third time at that resort.we really took to it,i will stay at pop before staying at a deluxe!that's just me.go have fun,trust me you will love pop it has great themeing for the kids.

twojo21
08-25-2005, 01:39 AM
im sure its not meant to be hurtful or mean, just a resort change, sometimes couples/families need there own room/space especially while on group trips, this doesnt mean you cant still meet up & enjoy the parks as a big family with your girls because youre at a different resort. of course you should still go, youve already paid plus your dd will still have fun & its still a great deal/opp to go to wdw.

WaltD4Me
08-25-2005, 01:50 AM
While I totally understand being upset, I say GO!!!!

You will have a wonderful time with your family and your DD will love it! Why punish yourself and your family because of what your sister did? Besides, believe me, you won't be spending much time in the rooms anyway!

I am not sticking up for her, because she definitely should have discussed it with you....but maybe she just didn't know how to tell you they really wanted to stay at the Poly....especially knowing you couldn't afford it....

GO! GO! GO!

crazy4disney01
08-25-2005, 02:11 AM
I agree with the other person who posted and would absolutely GO!!!

Don't let your sister have that kind of control over you!! :cheer2: Why should you pay your money and stay at home while they get to go and have fun just because she changed resorts without telling you? My family tries to do the same crap and walk over me and I said enough is enough and I just tell it like it is now and I don't let them get away with it. : :cool1:

This is just me, but I would mention it to my sister about switching resorts and just see if it is a mistake or if she is surprising you by everyone staying at the Poly-I guess just see what she says...check and make sure your reservations are still correct and have a Disney vacation!!

You could always meet up at the parks and eat together and have time to see everything together. You will have just as much fun staying at Pop as they will staying at the Poly...and you are making memories for your kids even though they won't really remember it since they are young they will have pictures to look back on and you will always have the memories of your trip. My daughter was 1.5 when she saw Cinderella's castle for the first time and I will never forget it.

Sorry my post turned out to be long! I hoped I didn't sound mean :rolleyes: but I've had so much "family drama" that I am nice to them but my hubby and daughter is who I do everything for, care most about, and I don't mean that selfish-they just mean the most to me that I tune out others and what they say/do.

Hope this helps-hope you have fun!!

Chelly

3 weeks 2 days until our next WDW trip!!!! ::MickeyMo :banana:

travelitis
08-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Why would you even consider throwing $2000 away by not taking your trip? You say money is too tight to stay at the Poly, but how is skipping your vacation budget-minded? Sorry, but I can't get past how ludicrous that is. I can't even fathom letting her hotel choice ruin your vacation.

Maybe she could've handled it better, but maybe she meant to tell you and thinks she did. People do that sometimes you know. My husband would tell you I most certainly do claim to tell him things he's never heard. Try to accept they wanted a different hotel without taking it personally. We wouldn't want adjoining rooms with anyone, because we can better enjoy
the company of others if we also have some privacy. It's really probably just that they could afford a deluxe hotel and wanted one and no comment on their relationship with you.

Now, look inside and ask yourself: Are you feeling worse about not being in adjoining rooms or missing out on the Poly?

There is a bright side. You'll both have your space, so if touring together isn't nirvana, it's easy to get a break from each other. If touring together is perfection, then she's scored a monorail resort which you all can use for a breather. Your family can join hers at the Poly's pool in the middle of the day.

muffy0110
08-25-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't know your sister-but is it possible that this is some sort of surprise
for you and your family. You did say her husband makes more money than
yours. And she did not mention this to you and she did put it on their credit
card-mabey just mabey its a surprise.

scanne
08-25-2005, 07:30 AM
I don't know your sister-but is it possible that this is some sort of surprise

I was thinking the same thing....

I agree with the other posters about still going! You will have a blast! And, I speak from experience here, travelling with family can be fun but STRESSFUL. It might be good that you have your own space.

(You can always read my trip reports "Children, Parents and In-Laws, Oh My! on the trip reports board.)

Go and have a great time!!!!!!!!!

abacobaby
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Keep us posted!

Nancyg56
08-25-2005, 07:46 AM
My .02 worth: Go on your trip, and enjoy it! I would ask her about the change, but then let it go. If there was a surprise intended, how nice of her. If she was uneasy about upgrading her room knowing that your budget did not include a deluxe, well so what? You may have been handed a bonus by being able to go to separte resorts at the end of the day.

disneymom727
08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
It could also be a blessing in disguise. I have heard of people going with their families and it being a disaster, myself included. After our last trip to WDW with my family I vowed I would never go woth them again they made it miserable for us. This may be the perfect solution. You could have time alone with you family and she with hers and then like others have said meet up later and have some experiences together. I would definitely not let this situation rob you of the fun you could have with your husband and children!

Princesa
08-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh...let me chime in with the trust me, it's really a blessing in disguise feeling! You sound just like me, and trust me, things never work out quite the way we oh so carefully plan it. :rolleyes:

Just think...now you can hop on a bus and head back to your resort and have some time with just YOUR family. That is ever so important! :cool1: You will of course see them at the parks, at the joint dining PS's already made, etc.

Yes, I agree, it would be incredibly hurtful to find out like that....but don't ruin your vacation because of it....just go and have a blast. And when the two nieces get cranky....just head off to Pop...Say, sis...I think we'll head back....I just can't get enough of that Hippy Dippy Pool, and can barely pull the girls out of Goofy's water jets! See you later! :rotfl:

Clare D
08-25-2005, 08:24 AM
I agree with all the other posts. If your sister has re booked elsewhere I find that a bit mean bearing in mind that both of you have small kids. Also I wouldn't rub it in my sisters face if we were in a better financial position either.
I say go. You will have a great time and the look on your kids faces is going to make up for this blip in the plans. At least this way you will get some free time and could meet up later at the parks/dinner.
As SCanne said read her reports they will make you laugh.
Have a great trip. I'll send you a :grouphug: to make you feel better.
p.s. If she has booked the Poly as a surprise I take it all back as she is a great sister :rotfl:

Nancyg56
08-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Oh...let me chime in with the trust me, it's really a blessing in disguise feeling! You sound just like me, and trust me, things never work out quite the way we oh so carefully plan it. :rolleyes:

Just think...now you can hop on a bus and head back to your resort and have some time with just YOUR family. That is ever so important! :cool1: You will of course see them at the parks, at the joint dining PS's already made, etc.

Yes, I agree, it would be incredibly hurtful to find out like that....but don't ruin your vacation because of it....just go and have a blast. And when the two nieces get cranky....just head off to Pop...Say, sis...I think we'll head back....I just can't get enough of that Hippy Dippy Pool, and can barely pull the girls out of Goofy's water jets! See you later! :rotfl:

a sister after my own heart.....

Belle1962
08-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree with other postres.

1. Your sister may be trying to surprise you.
2. Having gone with a variety of family size groups (from 4 - over 40 on one trip) it is WONDERFUL to have alone time. I have found that usually after a few days the "newness" of the kids being together 24/7 wears off they need some time apart.

Also--I'm not sure I understood how it was booked: as 2 different ressies but both with your sister's card or one ressie asnd you just paid her your portion? If it was one ressie, if everyone has to be on the same package how did they switch resorts?

Honeybug
08-25-2005, 09:02 AM
My sister and her family are not trying to surprise me! I know this because our names are no longer under her reservation. They changed our reservation, but we are still at the POP. We had to get a new confirmation number to even be able to check on our reservation.

disgram
08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I am sorry that your sister has done this to you. Sounds like mine. I would never think of going on vacation with mine. That being said, I wish that it were possible.

I would go ahead and go in spite of her. Have you gone and talked with your sister and brother-in-law about this? It seems to me that you have alot to talk about.

Try to talk calmly with them. Explain to them that you found out and ask point blank why the change. Also ask about the change in your tickets. Being as you have invested $2000 in this trip, by all means, you have a vested interest in the answers.

Don't let your sister ruin your vacation. It is your vacation, too. Go and have a magical time!! :wave2:

ducklite
08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Did you stop to think about it from your sisters POV?

I would not be happy staying at Pop. I wouldn't want to spend the money on a WDW vacation where I was staying at a resort I wouldn't be happy at. People have different expectations of their vacations. While some want to spend most of their days in the parks, others want to have time out for relaxing at their resorts. I would not be able to have the type of vacation that I want, and am accustomed to, at a value. It sounds like your sister feels that way as well.

That said, I think that there is a major communication breakdown happening here. We've been to WDW with family and friends on quite a few trips. In some cases we've just had everyone stay with us in a DVC unit. But on other trips we've gone with people who couldn't afford to stay in a deluxe. We didn't expect them to, but also made it clear we wouldn't stay in a value. The open communication was the key.

The trip worked out just fine, we would meet during the day at the parks, and have many of our meals together.

It is difficult when families have different budgets, but it can work as long as you communicate. In my case we took my brother and his family a few years ago. They stayed with us in a 2BR DVC unit, so where to stay wasn't an issue. But they had budget constraints, and we had a frank discussion about what their budget would be at the very start of the trip, and I planned our dining to fit within their budget. They were very pleased with the plans that I made, and even happier when they finished the trip under budget.

I highly doubt your sister was trying to slight you, but rather was planning her family's vacation to maximise what is important to them. Remember, they are also spending a lot of money for the trip, and want it to be "right" for them as well.

Anne

meatballsmom
08-25-2005, 09:34 AM
My sister and her family are not trying to surprise me! I know this because our names are no longer under her reservation. They changed our reservation, but we are still at the POP. We had to get a new confirmation number to even be able to check on our reservation. Also when they changed our reservation they somehow changed it from 8 park hopper tickets to 5. What happened to the 3 we paid for? What are we supposed to do now? My husband and I are so hurt. This was supposed to be a family vacation. My sister and I have been talking about this trip on a daily basis since we booked it. We planned our dining together, etc. We are even flying on the same plane to Florida (we live up the street from them). We just talked about Pop the other day and she said nothing. My husband and I know that they didn't tell us because they knew we would be upset. They didn't want to face us. BUT when were they going to tell us? When we got to Disney? I don't think that I can still go to Disney now and have a good time. I am so hurt that my sister and her husband would go behind our backs and lie to us. My sister has hurt me in the past, but WOW I didn't think she would do something like this.
Thanks for listening.

Could it be that her husband did it as a surprise to her?? I don't understand why you had to get a new confirmation number. Does that mean you had to book the trip again?? Somehow something sounds off. Check again to see if somehow you are booked at the Poly too. She could have moved the reservation and when they looked up your information saw an old request. I would just ask her about it. It's much better to be upfront. Also, don't let that ruin your vacation.

Honeybug
08-25-2005, 09:40 AM
They did have to book the trip again. Originally, both trips were booked under one reservation on my sister's credit card. Now my sister and her family's vacation staying at the Poly is booked under the old reservation number and my family's vacation staying at the Pop is booked under a new reservation number.
The biggest thing we are upset about is that they did this without telling us. They lied to us just the other day. Again, where are the 3 missing park hopper tickets?

Lewisc
08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Go, after being in the parks all day and part of the night you probably need separate time.

Your sister probably didn't know how to tell you they don't want to stay in a value resort and that they don't want to be together 24/7. Make sure you didn't lose free dining when the reservation was switched. She may be delaying telling you so you won't try to strain your resources by switching to the POLY.

It's also possible your sister or BIL is planning on surprising the rest of the family with a magical upgrade.

meatballsmom
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
They did have to book the trip again. Originally, both trips were booked under one reservation on my sister's credit card. Now my sister and her family's vacation staying at the Poly is booked under the old reservation number and my family's vacation staying at the Pop is booked under a new reservation number.
The biggest thing we are upset about is that they did this without telling us. They lied to us just the other day. Again, where are the 3 missing park hopper tickets?

I'm sorry but i'm still confused. What missing 3 park hopper tickets?? Didn't you say it was you, your husband and your 2 under 3 daughters?? Under 3 doesn't require a ticket. Also I thought you said it was your sister, her husband and their 2 daughters under 3. So again, they wouldn't require tickets. I come up with only 4 park hopper tickets to begin with. Is there only 1 now???

Marseeya
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
What I'm not getting is why you just don't ask her about it instead of wondering about her motives.

It sounds to me like you were looking forward to all this together time, but maybe they weren't. It's probably nothing personal -- I mean, I love my sister to death, but I'd never want to spend that much time with them at WDW in adjoining rooms. Maybe she thinks it'll be too stressful and difficult to keep that many people together when they all might want to do different things at different times.

Plus I agree with everything Ducklite said.

Marseeya
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry but i'm still confused. What missing 3 park hopper tickets?? Didn't you say it was you, your husband and your 2 under 3 daughters?? Under 3 doesn't require a ticket. Also I thought you said it was your sister, her husband and their 2 daughters under 3. So again, they wouldn't require tickets. I come up with only 4 park hopper tickets to begin with. Is there only 1 now???

I thought she meant number of days :confused3

Lewisc
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM

Sounds like the tickets were switched from an 8 day hopper to a 5 day hopper. Maybe sister is planning on spending some days at the POLY pool or Sea World.

CherCrazy
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Maybe they used your park hopper $$ to pay for their upgrade to the Poly.

You seriously have to talk to them right away. You can't let this go and be "surprised" when you get to the park and you don't have any tickets. Don't let your sister get away with this. You must speak up or she will keep on doing this to you.

Sorry...tough old lady here....can't stand to see anyone stepped on. Ya want me to call her??? ;)

meatballsmom
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Sounds like the tickets were switched from an 8 day hopper to a 5 day hopper. Maybe sister is planning on spending some days at the POLY pool or Sea World.

Oh that makes sense. I thought she meant tickets not days.

ChrisAlli
08-25-2005, 09:56 AM
It looks like this is being discussed on the restraunt threads as well. Not to be mean...but stop talking to us and call your sister!!!!

Maleficent13
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM
JMHO, but if you are close enough to your sister to take a vaca with her, then you are probably close enough to ask her about this. I can't imagine not saying something, especially when your tickets have been affected.

kaylie&laurensmom
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
First of all, DON'T LET YOUR SISTER RUIN YOUR VACATION!!! Please, please, do not throw away $2k and let your family miss out on Disney because your sister (or BIL or both) is being thoughtless.

I would just have a frank discussion with her. "Look, I wish you would have at least told me you were staying at another resort". Talk it out and hopefully you can both move forward and have a great time at Disney. I agree with previous posters, sometimes being together ALL THE TIME with another family is not so great on vacation. We tried that once and will never do it again! Little things starting bugging the h*** out of you! Park/dinner times together should be plenty!

The most important issue here is where are the remaining days on your tickets?? If you're there for 8 days and paid for 8 days, you should get your 8 days, not 5! If the reservation is in your name, I would call Disney immediately and find out what happened to your tickets! If your sister didn't transfer the proper $$$ to your reservation to cover the tickets you paid for, this needs to be worked out with your sister ASAP. The additional days really shouldn't be that much, as the more days you buy, the cheaper per day price you pay. This should be worked out easily either with Disney direct or with your sister.

Please let us know what happens! Good luck and have a MAGICAL vacation with your girls!!!!

beattyfamily
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
It looks like this is being discussed on the restraunt threads as well. Not to be mean...but stop talking to us and call your sister!!!!

yes, and it's also on the Families board as well!

AJKMOM
08-25-2005, 10:05 AM
It's time to talk to your sister and get answers to all your questions. If I were you, I would definitely go on the family vacation that you paid for, and don't think once about what they are doing. When we went with SIL, we paid for the room, and we didn't care if we saw her or not.

This isn't the time to worry about why they did it, just get an accounting for the money and reservations NOW. The longer you wait, the more you will "stew" about it, and you will feel worse than you do now. What's done is done, and you can't change that or make them go to POP with you. I agree they are being spineless weasels, but certainly don't lose thousands of dollars because of them!

Tara
08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
My sister and her family are not trying to surprise me! I know this because our names are no longer under her reservation. They changed our reservation, but we are still at the POP. We had to get a new confirmation number to even be able to check on our reservation. Also when they changed our reservation they somehow changed it from 8 park hopper tickets to 5. What happened to the 3 we paid for? What are we supposed to do now? My husband and I are so hurt. This was supposed to be a family vacation. My sister and I have been talking about this trip on a daily basis since we booked it. We planned our dining together, etc. We are even flying on the same plane to Florida (we live up the street from them). We just talked about Pop the other day and she said nothing. My husband and I know that they didn't tell us because they knew we would be upset. They didn't want to face us. BUT when were they going to tell us? When we got to Disney? I don't think that I can still go to Disney now and have a good time. I am so hurt that my sister and her husband would go behind our backs and lie to us. My sister has hurt me in the past, but WOW I didn't think she would do something like this.
Thanks for listening.

Like many other people have said, you need to be talking to your sister. The longer you wait, the more you tie yourself into knots over this. Right now you don't "know" why they did what they did or why they didn't tell you. I always try to remind myself that, when the situation is unknown, the most innocuous explanation is usually the correct one -- so try not to assume the worst until you know that you have good reason to.

meatballsmom
08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I agree. Talk to your sister. You never know what the circumstances are until you do and your letting your anger fester. Talk to her soon.

Ardenne
08-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I agree -- I say talk to her as soon as you can, but try to calm down first, so you're not just venting at her. The more calmly you can approach the situation, the better!

The tickets should be easy to fix... and definitely check and make sure you still have the free dining added on, and fix it if you don't, because it would be a shame to miss out on that!

eeyore45
08-25-2005, 12:24 PM
I responded on the Resort board,( I came here as I usually do)

but I am curious, do you need help with ADR (advanced Dining Reservation)?

I see you only have 15 posts, so WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

This is a very helpful, friendly site!! Truly, IF your plans have to change, and that is totally unsettling, talk to your sister, and come back, start a thread - hey, if you want to meet up, we're staying about the same time, we're at POR, but at the Resort board there is a HUGE thread of Dis'ers staying at the Pop - on the theme board there is a thread "Who's going in October?" a poster named MommyBoo made a spread sheet of all us disers going in Oct, what dates, and where we're staying!!

So, take a deep breath, decide what you need, and come on back, and we'll help you plan one heck of a memorable, FUN vacation!!

:grouphug:

meatballsmom
08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I responded on the Resort board,( I came here as I usually do)

but I am curious, do you need help with ADR (advanced Dining Reservation)?

I see you only have 15 posts, so WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

This is a very helpful, friendly site!! Truly, IF your plans have to change, and that is totally unsettling, talk to your sister, and come back, start a thread - hey, if you want to meet up, we're staying about the same time, we're at POR, but at the Resort board there is a HUGE thread of Dis'ers staying at the Pop - on the theme board there is a thread "Who's going in October?" a poster named MommyBoo made a spread sheet of all us disers going in Oct, what dates, and where we're staying!!

So, take a deep breath, decide what you need, and come on back, and we'll help you plan one heck of a memorable, FUN vacation!!

Hey Eeyore!!! I'll be at POR at the same time as you!! Maybe we will see each other. Are you doing green???

crazy4disney01
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I hate to hear you are still considering not going because of your sister...

I would call and see if you can straighten out the park hopper days, it may just be a mistake on their part, but if they can't straighten it out....

What you could do is.... after talking to your sister and seeing what her intentions are and getting answers to your questions-you could tell her that your park hopper days are screwed up and ask for your money back from her. Then if you still want to go (which I hope you do). You could book your ressies yourself to ensure you were getting everything you wanted- the way you wanted it and they will send you luggage tags, tags for Magical Express, confirmation papers for your ressies and you will know for sure that YOUR vacation is the way YOU want it. What can your sister say-it's your money and your vacation and it's her fault for what happened.

I really hope you reconsider going- once you get there you would have so much fun with your family that you would be really glad that you went despite the antics of your sis!

Chelly :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

DisneyFans4
08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't know the both of you personally and don't know the type of relationship that you both have, however, if this were my sister and she did something like this without telling me I would definitely confront her about it and find out what is going on. After all, this trip is for all of you and any changes made should be discussed.
Of course it would be nice if this was a surprise and you were staying at the Poly also, but if it's not, just look at it that you and your family can come and go as you please and do whatever you want.
Nevertheless, being this is your sister it is very hurtful but definitely ask her about it.
Good luck.

MinnieM21
08-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Anymore confusion could be avoided if you would just call her and talk with her. Trust me, you'll feel much better knowing what's going on. :)

nhmomx2
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
As with all things in life, the more you stress over them the worse things become. Call your sister and tell her you had called WDW about your ressie and they told you what you told us. Ask her, calmly, what's going on. You need to get a breakdown of the money you already put out and what you're getting from WDW (room, tickets, etc.) to make certain you've got what's coming to you. Hotels aside...you may be better off at seperate locations. Too often there are many problems travelling with another group. Enjoy "your" family.

DisneyFans4
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
I agree. As much as I love my family I would never travel with them because something always happens.
I have a friend who went to WDW in June with her sisterinlaw and family and when they checked into the hotel they lost her niece and the sisterinlaw blamed it on her when she wasn't responsible for her. Since she was the one checking everyone in she assumed she was watching her when in fact my friend was just keeping an eye on her own son.
I would always rather travel with my own family only because we can stay on our own schedule and do what we want to do and not worry about everyone else.
But back to the matter at hand----call your sister and find out what is going on.

skipwick1
08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
You can only be a doormat if you allow yourself to be a doormat!!!!

You need to stop posting this all over the DIS boards and CALL YOUR SISTER!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!

eeyore45
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Its ok - the OP is new to the DIS, she may have posted on different boards to get different responses - ie family board, family type info, Resteraunt Board, maybe to get a view on the ressies ie her DD 3rd bday at the Castle, and then here on the Resort Board, because now its 2 differrent resorts, so differnet people give different responses.

Its ok, the mods take care of things, and when you know better...

Hope things are ok honeybug :goodvibes

*Fantasia*
08-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I read little bits and pieces here.. a little bit there... so she is not surprising you. They are staying at the Poly and you're still at POP and she changed the tix from 8 days to 5 days. This is what I would do. Tell her to forget about the trip. Tell her you want your money back. The you book your trip yourself. It is very easy to do. You can call CRO or do it on line~ Disney.com

I would be mad too if I was in your case. But you know what.. since I am a Disney not.. I am not going to let her ruin my trip! I would do the trip without them. I would plan everything.. book everything for myself. And I will have a "magical" trip with or without them.

Bear Necessities
08-25-2005, 06:12 PM
I couldnt have said it better Fantasia!!

eeyore45
08-25-2005, 06:35 PM
I like it Fantasia, unless that means giving up free dining!! and it would mean giving up CRT for he DD 3rd Birthday...

I do agree you must take this lemon and make lemonade... and when a situation is so emotional charged, it makes it even that much more difficult!!

The hardest part would be to sit and talk in person, to cry it out together, to not get into an acussatory situation... But I certainly wouldnt let them control my trip, my emotions!! I'd try very hard to make lemonade!! :wizard:

I dont know why family treats each other so shabbily (as in my own situation!!) its how we rise above it, that we teach our kids valuable lessons, imho

Honeybug
08-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all of the great advice today! Well, my husband talked to my bil and it turns out that he was the one who booked his family in the Poly without telling us. He was going to surprise my sister. And boy, is she surprised, but not in a good way. I have spoken with her tonight. I told her how hurt we are and she is going to have him "fix" this however he can.
Again, thanks for all of the warm responses!

UrsulasShadow
08-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Maybe now you can remove all the multiple posts.

shellybaxter
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM

Not everyone knows all the etiquette of online bulletin boards. I would hope this community could overlook a few cross postings from a new user

Shelly

crow11ad
08-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks for all of the great advice today! Well, my husband talked to my bil and it turns out that he was the one who booked his family in the Poly without telling us. He was going to surprise my sister. And boy, is she surprised, but not in a good way. I have spoken with her tonight. I told her how hurt we are and she is going to have him "fix" this however he can.
Again, thanks for all of the warm responses!

I am glad you finally got the answer you were looking for. Don't be too upset with BIL....he was trying to surprise his DW and in the process proabaly was not thinking about what if. I am sure you know how it is when you yourself try to surprise your DH or kids and come up with this idea. Do you stop for a second and think, what if..No you go with the fun of the surprise. So you 2 famalies take your trip and have fun. Make those memories magical..

*Fantasia*
08-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Forget it, it's over.. it's done. Besides... you can't delete a post. Once you post that's it. Many moons ago this was possible... but not anymore.

Honeybug... I'm glad it's out in open. Now you know. I hope everything is back to normal. Enjoy your trip! It really would have been nice if your BIL told you rather than finding out later on the day of check in that your sister and the kids will not be staying at the same resort. Anyways... Take care.

SB in KY
08-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Gotta say I am glad this had a happy ending...actually if the BIL is like a lot of the men I know he probably thought he was doing something really nice for his wife and never even thought about how it would make everyone else feel...poor guy....he is gonna be shaking his head over this one for months to come!! Bet he never tries to surprise his wife again!!!

Jen D
08-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh geez... well, I'm sure your BIL wasn't thinking, so matter how it resolves, hope you all still have a magical vacation!

patsal
08-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Glad it all worked out . Go and have a great vacation! I'm sure it will all be fine, I'm kina feelin' for your BIL though--as someone else said, it will be a long time before he feels comfortable try to surprise someone!

ceecee
08-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Trust me....being at your own resort may be a blessing. I just wish the inlaws would stay elsewhere. They think value resorts are "trashy" and we love them! Of course we stay 9 nights to their 2 or 3 so there's a cost factor as well. They decide to slum and stay with us at POP this year....and then they stick to you like glue.....go away! I figure I can stand them for 3 nights and DD gets to play with her cousin (they are both only children).
Why would you even consider losing $2000.00 and not going? Can't you cancel and get your $ back? If you really want to do that.

ericamanda01
08-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Happy to hear that it all worked out!

HappyMommy2
08-25-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm glad you found out the truth. I think everything will be fine.
I don't know your BIL or his real feelings, but I know my DH, who is a real sweetie and wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally, but might easily get so caught up in carrying out a "surprise" that he would be a little clueless about everyone's feelings!

tubachick
08-26-2005, 12:05 AM
I've been following this post(s) all day and I am glad there is a reasonable reason for the mix up. Hopefully BIL will be able to straighten it out. Good luck. let us know what finally happens.

DMRick
08-26-2005, 12:08 AM
But what happened to your tickets..the ones that are missing 3 days?

Tidus
08-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing? You have to finish the story!

bridgettesmom
08-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Men.. :confused3 I know he meant well, but, geeze!!
I'm glad that you were able to find out it wasn't you sister who changed the reservation without telling you.

Nancyg56
08-26-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm so glad that this story has a happy ending. Have a great trip!

Marseeya
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm so glad that this story has a happy ending. Have a great trip!

Doesn't sound like such a happy ending for the poor BIL :rotfl2:

Nancyg56
08-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Marseeya, I think that you are right. Seems like his surprise backfired.

CherCrazy
08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey Honeybug,

I am so happy that your story had a happy ending. Days after your original post I was still thinking about your situation and had to do a search to find out what happened!

Have a wonderful vacation!! :cheer2: