PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From All Star Movies Resort

livinwithmcs
08-24-2005, 07:15 PM
It was great! Even though it was an economy room I found it to be just perfect!

I must say that the food is really expensive though in the food court. I would definetely buy the refillable mug for $11.99. I had been told that you could not use it for coffee but I saw plenty of people doing just that.

deadhedjen
08-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. If you have any pictures you can post I'd love to see them. This is one of the resorts I have on my short list.

Jennifer. :earboy2:

Lizzybee
08-24-2005, 11:37 PM
woo hoo thanks for the positive review, this time tomorrow night we'll be sleeping in beds at ASMo...yipeeeeeeeeee!

deadhedjen
08-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Well get to bed will ya, lol! :rotfl2: What are you still doing up? Go on get your jammies on and get a good night's sleep.
Now, take lots of pictures and be sure to post them for us to see when you get back. Can't wait!
I so wish I was going to Disney tomorrow....have to wait til July 06 though.
Have fun!
Jennifer. :banana:

Andrew_Lubow
08-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Can't use the mug for coffee?? Certainly you can. Any beverage on the Island where the soda machines are are "free and refillable".

Mickeygirl
08-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Glad you had a great time :banana: We don't get to go untill July 06 :hourglass But we are thinking of staying at ASMo, so I like to hear good reports from there :goodvibes

Amy&Dan
08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear you had such a great stay. Count us in as another family that loves ASMO. We found the rooms to be way above a Motel 6 (what many people compare them to). Also loved the food court and only shared a bus once (another thing that gets brought up a lot). We would stay here again without hesitation. We let my son pick which value resort for a two night stay in October for his birthday and he picked Sports. Should be fun but my daughter and I were bummed, we kind of wanted to go back to Movies!

kimwim8
08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
It was great! Even though it was an economy room I found it to be just perfect!

I must say that the food is really expensive though in the food court. I would definetely buy the refillable mug for $11.99. I had been told that you could not use it for coffee but I saw plenty of people doing just that.

Are there refrigerators in all of the rooms at ASMo?

Amy&Dan
08-27-2005, 07:30 PM

No there aren't. But you can request one, I think it's $10 a day. It can be well worth the $, to help save money on meals and snacks.

minnie61650
08-27-2005, 08:09 PM

That is correct they are $10 a day.
OP i'm glad you had a good time.
I agree the All Stars are not at all like a Motel 6.
Where do people get those silly ideas from :confused3 ?

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 4 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we take dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 we are staying at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo