PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Info...

Nini
08-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I am staying at POP in October and when I spoke with my TA today, she mentioned that Disney is now putting complimentary refrigerators in EVERY room. However, the Value Resorts are the last to receive them so she is not sure if they will have them in place by October.

We will soon see that every room has a refrigerator...it's in the works!!! :flower:

Tinkerbell_Girl
08-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I am going in Dec and hopefully they will have refrigerators by then when I go. If they do this will keep me from having to bring a cooler with me.

Nicole princess:

tink2020
08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
As you all stay in the values later on this year, keep us posted! :)

Nini
08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I will be in POP this October and will let you all know the status!

becka
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
That would be nice if it is the case. Since we are staying for 8 nights the cost for a fridge was a little steep.

deadhedjen
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I sure hope so...
I'd love to have a free fridge in my room...Most places do. Sure helps bring down the cost of drinks and meals if there's a fridge available. Cold cereals, juice boxes, lunch meat sandwiches. I like to save my food budget for character meals or sit down dinners at the parks.

Please post when anyone finds out when this is happening.

Jennifer. :dog:

luv2go2disney
08-24-2005, 07:43 PM
That is awesome. Too bad it probably won't be in place in 2 weeks...just my luck!!!!

Mcmouse
08-24-2005, 10:56 PM
We always brought a collapsible cooler. We put in our drinks and lunch meat or whatever and kept them on ice. I usually bag the ice in plastic bags, seal them and the double bag them to keep the loose water to a minimum. Fill the ice at night and then again in the morning. Our stuff always stays cold. We typically eat in the parks anyway, but breakfast (cereal, yogurt) is where we used this the most (and for keeping sodas cold).

Mike :earsboy:

luv2go2disney
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. We planned on bringing a cooler anyway, since we will be driving...

Adrienne
08-25-2005, 12:01 AM
that would be so cool, i hope they are in all the POP rooms by June next year. It would be fantastic if they were, cause then we could save so much money on breakfast....

Adrienne :wizard:

dyna
08-25-2005, 12:54 AM
We've always used a good sized hard cooler in room and prolly still will once the fridges in the room as those fridges are not very big.

Will be nice to keep lunchmeat and milk in fridge and sodas and water in cooler tho.

FirstNo
08-25-2005, 06:50 AM
I am staying at POP in October and when I spoke with my TA today, she mentioned that Disney is now putting complimentary refrigerators in EVERY room. However, the Value Resorts are the last to receive them so she is not sure if they will have them in place by October.

We will soon see that every room has a refrigerator...it's in the works!!! :flower:

That's interesting. I just finished working for Dis, as a sales agent (i.e. reservations), and we weren't told any thing about the values receiving fridges. Dis added them to the mods and deluxes as selling points to help 'change your minds' about moving up to another resort (and spending more money). Never even heard any rumors about it.

The only rumor I did hear was from a manager who mentioned AP/FL res rates for the rest of the year would be coming out. But, she wouldn't (or couldn't?) tell us when. That was about a week or so ago and nothing was loaded in the system for it when I left. :(

DisneyGrandParents
08-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Just FYI, we stayed at Pop and asked the same question as we had heard the other resorts we getting the fridges. We were told no, Pop and Carribean Beach had no plans for them. We rented a refrigerator (among lots of other stuff) from A Baby's Best Friend. It was just like the photo on the website, and held a lot. The best part was for the week we were there it was only $45 or $50, don't really remember, but it was A LOT less expensive than the Pop wanted. It was delivered before we arrived and waiting for us in the luggage room.

Hope this helps you. It was so nice not monkeying around with ice/coolers.

patsal
08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Just FYI, we stayed at Pop and asked the same question as we had heard the other resorts we getting the fridges. We were told no, Pop and Carribean Beach had no plans for them. We rented a refrigerator (among lots of other stuff) from A Baby's Best Friend. It was just like the photo on the website, and held a lot. The best part was for the week we were there it was only $45 or $50, don't really remember, but it was A LOT less expensive than the Pop wanted. It was delivered before we arrived and waiting for us in the luggage room.

Carribean Beach is a moderate and should have friges.

pph
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM

Hi! Would you be so kind to provide me your feedback on the stuff you rent from A Baby's Best Friend? We'll stay at ASMo for a week next month. The fridge is a must. I am just wondering if I also should reserve a toddler bed for my 2-yr dd and other stuff. Many thanks in advance for any inputs you may send my way.