PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Spa?

xmelissax
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I have heard there is a spa at the Dolphin but haven't heard anything about it since. Is there, and is it any good?

ascardino
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing too!

All it says on the S&D website is that it is opening 2005.

So, I just called and there is a recording that just asks you to leave your name, number, and inquiry....

paras4ri
08-24-2005, 05:14 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago and the area is still walled-off so it doesn't seem it will be ready soon.

dznyntnh
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't know if it's opened yet, last I heard was 'late summer '05'. But it is a Mandara Spa and if it's half as good as the one in Paris Las Vegas, I'll be there the next time I go down. They are awesome.

ascardino
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
I was really keeping my fingers crossed that it would open by Labor Day.

I would love a massage :earseek:

webray
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't know if it's opened yet, last I heard was 'late summer '05'. But it is a Mandara Spa and if it's half as good as the one in Paris Las Vegas, I'll be there the next time I go down. They are awesome.

Hmmm..I thought it was a steiner spa..like on the disney cruise ships.

xmelissax
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Hmmm..I thought it was a steiner spa..like on the disney cruise ships.

I just looked a little closer on the site, it wasn't easy to find but I did find info on the spa and it says it's a Mandara spa. I hope it's opened by the time I get there in Jan '06. I LOVE spas!

ascardino
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I called the Dolphin today and spoke to someone at the Health club who had no specific information on the opening other than probably the first or second week of September. Since it is a separate company, they did not have anything more definite.

Oh well....

TammiMcMan
08-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Hmmm..I thought it was a steiner spa..like on the disney cruise ships.Found this, it might clear up the confusion:

Steiner Leisure Limited is a worldwide provider of spa services. The Company's operations include spas and salons on 114 cruise ships, at 53 resort spas and at two luxury day spas. In addition, we license the "Mandara" name for use at 12 resort spas in Thailand and two resort spas in China and we also license the "Greenhouse" name for use at a luxury day spa in New York City. Our cruise line and land-based resort customers include Carnival Cruise Line, Caesars Entertainment, Celebrity Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard/Seabourn Cruise Lines, Hilton Hotels, Holland America Line, Kerzner International, Marriott Hotels, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean Cruises.