PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Anniversary Cake

Maggie0507
08-24-2005, 07:36 AM
We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Disneyworld, staying at the Beach Club. Is it possible to have an anniversary cake delivered to our room? I would love to surprise my husband with a castle cake.

M

goofy4tink
08-24-2005, 07:38 AM
I have read that only the GF bakery does the Castle cakes. But, the bakery at Boardwalk does some pretty nice ones to. I'm not sure if they will deliver to your room though. You may have to pick it up yourself.

tinker*dust
08-24-2005, 08:35 AM
We are celebrating an anniversary and also staying at the BC - I would like any info I can get on this subject too.

Nik's Mom
08-24-2005, 10:38 AM
We're celebrating our 10th anniversary, and are staying at the BC. On the restaurants board, someone indicated the Boardwalk bakery will do a version of the castle cake. I'm trying to decide which bakery to go with.

welovewdw
08-24-2005, 11:30 AM
A castle cake?? Does anyone have a picture of one? It sounds very cool!!! (now thinking of ideas for our 20th next year... thanks!!!)

yankeemom311
08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
We'll be celebrating our 25th in October! We'll be staying at the Yacht Club. This is our first time ever to stay onsite, so we are really looking forward to our time away!

I'm reading these threads with interest, although I haven't yet decided what more special things we will be doing while we are there. We already have dinner set at CRT.

What special plans have you made?

Congratulations on your 25 years together!

christinou
08-24-2005, 01:27 PM
We are staying at the BC for my husband's birthday, does anyone know if they delive a cake to our room??

Nik's Mom
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
One of the threads on the Restaurant board has several pictures of cakes and treats, including the castle cake. Very pretty!

pennst8r
08-24-2005, 07:01 PM
here's the link to the post with a pic. It's really cute. I'm going to see if I can find out about the BW bakery....and I'll post if I do! We're going back to the YC for our anniv in Oct this year, too! We honeymooned there, and thought the kids are old enough to enjoy SAB this time.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=693086&highlight=castle+cake

LargoLori
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
We are staying at the BC for my husband's birthday, does anyone know if they delive a cake to our room??

Yes, they will deliver a cake to your room. We were there in July for DD's birthday. I ordered it in the morning and they delivered it at a scheduled time. They did however deliver the wrong cake. They promptly brought the correct cake and we had 2 for the price of one. Both were beautiful and delicious. I was going to get a cake from Boardwalk Bakery but they did not delivery.

Lori

all4kids
08-25-2005, 03:18 PM
In 1994, we took my parents to WDW for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. There were 28 of us including all of their children and grandchildren. We stayed at POR (old Dixie Landings) and it was a disaster. Initially our rooms were spread out throughout the complex. We waited 3 hours to get rooms in close proximity. After the wait, my parents room was not cleaned when they entered it, luggage was misplaced while held in storage, keys did not fit the doors, etc... I could go on and on with other bad things that happened during our first few days at the resort as well. By the way, WDW was told that it was my parents 50th and POR did nothing to acknowledge it. On the 4th day, we went to GF for a character breakfast. We told them that morning about the 50th anniversary and they treated us like royalty. We had our own private room, all of the characters spent quality time with us, and best of all, the chef at the GF baked this huge chocolate cake and Goofy delivered it to my parents table with many other Disney characters. This was the highlight of the trip for my parents!

To end the story, we went to WDW customer hospitality in MK and told them about the troubles that we had. Oh yea, they gave us three free nights on each of our rooms for a savings of more than $1,000 + they paid for our Thanksgiving dinner. Then finally on the last day of our stay at POR, room service delivered a fruit basket to one of our rooms for my parents. Can you believe that it was addressed to my wife and I. They could not remember whose anniversary it was.

Nik's Mom
08-25-2005, 03:43 PM
If you want to make sure that your special occation is acknowledged, you are better off ordering things on your own (cake, gift basket, etc). If you wait for WDW to acknowlede it free of charge, you may find yourself dissapointed. For your own piece of mine, order on your own. If WDW gives you something extra, that's great. But if they don't, at least you will have ordered your own goodies. :sunny: All4kids, congrats on 50 years of marriage for your Parents! That is a rarity these days!

Maggie0507
08-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, they will deliver a cake to your room. We were there in July for DD's birthday. I ordered it in the morning and they delivered it at a scheduled time. They did however deliver the wrong cake. They promptly brought the correct cake and we had 2 for the price of one. Both were beautiful and delicious. I was going to get a cake from Boardwalk Bakery but they did not delivery.

Lori

Lori,

Where did you order the cake from? I would like to order it BEFORE we leave home and have it left in our room mid week.

Thanks,
M

Tink&SquirtsMom
08-25-2005, 04:01 PM
My dh surprised me with a minature wedding cake. It was NOT the castle cake that GF does but it was a 3 tier minature wedding cake complete with little flowers on it, they had written happy anniverary on the platter the cake was on in chocolate. It was soo cute and a wonderful surprise that day. He arranged it through BC private dining and they had it waiting in the room when we got back from the parks. It was $25 which they just added to our room charge.

LargoLori
08-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Lori,

Where did you order the cake from? I would like to order it BEFORE we leave home and have it left in our room mid week.

Thanks,
M

I ordered it from room service. You could probably call the resort and set it up ahead of time.

Lori

scanne
08-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Here is a picture of the mini wedding cake with the white chocolate castle topper. My DH ordered it through Victoria and Albert's, but it can also be ordered through the GF's in room dining.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/scanne/va6.jpg
Here is a standard birthday cake. I ordered it from Polynesian room service. I am sure that the BC will be able to do similar cakes. It's just a matter of getting a hold of the "right" person and may take multiple calls.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/scanne/IMG_1541.jpg

It's A Happy Day
08-27-2005, 05:46 AM
I was told they need 48 hours prior to occasion to plan it. As I want one midweek as well I will be taking care of this when we check in for the following Saturday.