PDA

View Full Version : When to list Halloween costumes on eBay?

DKx3
08-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi, as part of my "paying for Disney" project, I am planning on listing some of our outgrown Halloween costumes (Disney princesses included) on eBay. When do you think I should list them, I want to be close enough when parents are looking to buy with plenty of time for them to arrive for Halloween. TIA!

jennifer293
08-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I would do it now or in the next week, because I know I am already searching for the "perfect" costumes for my little ones...

Halloween is my favorite holiday so maybe I am the only one searching this early!!!! :maleficen :maleficen :maleficen

pyrxtc
08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
I agree now. I have already bought mine and sold one.

RichNKatHolly
08-24-2005, 08:25 AM
I would have to agree with the others - list today! Good luck!

Kristi1357
08-24-2005, 08:48 AM
I was wondering the same thing!

I bought a bunch of costumes last year after Halloween just for this purpose. I better get them out of the attic asap!

scrappinmom
08-24-2005, 08:53 AM
I would list them asap! I've already been looking as well...

& don't forget to let us in on your "ebay name" :goodvibes

ceecee
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
I listed two exact costumes last year and got double the price in early October than the one I sold in early Sept. I plan on waiting a little longer.

CheapMom
08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I sold costumes last year from 2nd week in Sept through the 1st week in Oct-the last week in Sept I got the most and the highest bids. By the way- this was one of my most profitable eBay ventures ever. Best of luck!

Kristi1357
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
I think I will hold off until mid-Sept. I was just looking at current & completed auctions, and my costumes which are brand new are not selling, or selling for very little right now. Decisions, decisions!

maggiew
08-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I think a lot of people are in the back to school mode and are buying school clothes right now. I would say after the school year begins, more people will have time to think about Halloween.

Maggie

DKx3
08-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I'll start getting my pics ready of the costumes so I'll be set for the end of September. Hopefully they'll get multiple bids!

minnie1928
08-24-2005, 03:20 PM
we sold two identical costumes last year at different times and the one sold in October sold for much higher. I'm planning to do the same this year :cool1:

tinkerbell13
08-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I've had the best luck in the very beginning of October also. I sold a used costume for more than I paid new at full price! This year I have 2 buzz lightyears that I got at Company D for 75% off!

mamalle
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
I would hold off until late sept beginning of Oct. I have had the best luck with selling costumes closer to Halloween than early.

kilee
08-24-2005, 09:46 PM
I would wait until closer to the end of September. I too usually sell about 50 costumes on ebay for the last 3 years. (I get them dirt cheap middle of the winter at Party Stores). However, I usually start the second week of September and my last week of Sept and first week of October are the highest sales for the most. There are some bidders now, just not as many as you'll find in a month.

grlpwrd
08-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Yes, I would wait until you get closer to October because the majority of buyers by that time are usually not as budget minded like the rest of us. :)

Then again it also depends on the type of costume and whether the market is saturated.

Be sure to check for Completed Auctions.

GL! :wizard:

IStoleMyKidsPins
08-26-2005, 08:33 AM
What I do is check current & completed auctions for my specific costume to get a gauge as to the marketplace. Right now it's not very hot for mine. I sold 2 of them last month & only got 5 bucks{I have approx 10, so I wanted to see how they'd do}. But I'm waiting until late Sept/early Oct. Once the Halloween frenzy is in full-swing & people wait too long & the Disney Stores sell out, that's when they'll come running{hopefully}.