PDA

View Full Version : Buying Tickets..

kmmum
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi..

We are going to Disney fo 7 days.. were not sure if we should buy the 5day hopper with days for the water parks? or should we buy the 6 day one?.. What do you normally buy when you go? We would like to do a water park for sure!.. I think the down time would be good!.. Thanks.. Sarah

Cheshire Figment
08-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Consider that the hopper is good for the four major parks (AK, MK, EC and D/MGM). The first visit to a major park uses up one day, but you can go to one or even all four parks on the same day and be charged for only one day's use.

The five minor parks (BB, TL, PI, WWS & DQ) have their own admissions. Adding Magic Plus to any ticket is $47.93 including tax. Up to three days gets two options, the 4- and 5-day get three options, the 6-day get four, and a 7-day or more gets five. Going to one of the minor parks uses an option. If you start the day at TL, go to DQ and end up at PI all on the same day you will be using three options.

Going to one water park only for one day is only $36.?? for adults and $29.?? for ages 3-9. Therefore, if you will only be going to one of the minor parks you are better off buying that ticket separately.

PJV57
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
On a 7-day trip, we've chosen to spend 1 day at a water park. We've also take a day off from all the parks for things like swimming at the resort, shopping at Downtown Disney, maybe a late morning character breakfast at one of the resorts, a more leisurely day.

The water parks are definitely fun and worth going to. Have fun!

leslieh
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
We buy the largest day passes we can get, afford for the best deal, I have been saving the extra days over the years, we have 29 days left on them. I have not purchased any passes for over 2 years now. So I think buy the 7 day with five pluses, just add the pluses to the value for the hopper w/expiration day, it doesnt seem so bad then.

jrogers345
08-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Can anybody tell me where to get the best deal on Hopper tickets? Unless it's against the rules to do so. :blush:

Thanks!

mjh8955
08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Go to mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly e-mail newsletter. They come out about the 15th of every month. In the newsletter there are usually links to ticketmania.com and discountorlandovacation.com. The links provide extra savings only to mousesavers.com members and both have free shipping. I bought adult 10-day non-expiring, hopper passes with 5 options (to Disneyquest or the water parks) for $358, tax included, free shipping. For months I watched and compared prices; advance sales from Disney, at the gate, at the Disney Store, discountorlandovacation.com, mapleleaftickets.com, floridaorlandotickets.net and officialticketcenter.com. The cheapest were from Ticketmania. I had trouble ordering online, I think I hadn't clicked on the type of ticket before selecting the number for my shopping basket. I called the offfice number while I was ordering and they helped me through it. The tickets arrived by mail right when they were supposed to, along with all kinds of coupons and maps. They had even made a copy of the backs of the tickets for me. Good luck! :)

seashoreCM
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Blizzard Beach during the day, Pleasure Island during the evening -- Consumes zero days and two options, hopping option not mandatory.

Since a 7 day pass comes with one more option than a 6 day pass and a 6 day pass comes with one more option than a 5 day pass when you buy the plus pack for the same $48, you might find it worthwhile to get the 7 day pass for the sake of its plus options even though you let a park day or two expire.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

aka-mad4themouse
08-25-2005, 11:45 AM
The difference in cost between a 5-day MYW Premium (pluses and hopping) and a 7-day MYW Premium pass is only a few dollars (adult prices are $283.29 vs $285.42, tax included). Those are Disney's advance purchase prices. You can get them for less at Ticketmania.com or DiscountOrlandoVacation.com. For the small increase in price, you would have 5 pluses instead of 3 and 2 extra days to visit the parks "guilty-free".

Since we like to re-visit WDW, I like the 10-day premium (no expiry) from Ticketmania when purchased thru the MouseSavers newsletter link. It has the best value of all the tickets but you do have to shell out a lot of money initially. It certainly is not the ticket to choose if you only have 7 days in Orlando and will not be returning to WDW. The tickets are not transferrable to another person, so you couldn't even give the unused days to a friend or family member.