PDA

View Full Version : Surveys for Disney $$

familyfirsttimer
08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Do any of you do any on-line surveys that you actually get paid for? Lately, I have been signing up for some but I'd like to know from some of you DISers that have experience...
Which ones are reputable?
Do you really get paid?
Is it worth it?
Any programs that you'd recommend?

Any opinions are appreciated. :wave2:

momofmikey
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I've had great luck with Pinecone Research. They pay $5 each survey - over the last year, I've probably gotten $75. Often times, I receive the check before I've even completed the survey. I enjoy the questions as well.

Savin4Disney
08-21-2005, 09:32 PM
PM and I will send you one place I use. It does take a while but I have been lucky so far.

MyGoofy26
08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
I'll second Pinecone. I've been a member for 2 weeks and already got paid $10.

I just started SurveyDirect and qualified for my first $2 from paypal. Not a lot of money, but since it took me about 2 minutes to do the survey it's not too shabby. Once I get a new computer in the next few weeks and get moving a little faster I'll spend more time looking through the surveys they have available.

I've also had success with InboxDollars - just got a check a few weeks ago for $60. It's not really surveys, but you get paid to sign up for trials, mailing lists, etc. You get $5 to sign up. You also get $5 for each referral. You can cash out at $30. I signed up for all everything that was free (using a junk email since you know you're getting spammed from those places) Then when there were any programs that I wanted to sign up for, I'd check there and see how much payback they had. I switched ISPs and got $10 both times.

I've also gotten $20 from CreationsRewards in less than a month and I'm a few more 'signups' away from another payout.

I've also gotten $75 in gift cards at MyPoints over the past 9 months, and just a handfull of points away from another $25.

MyGoofy26
08-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Adding onto this, putting it in its own post instead of adding to my already long one. . .

There's a running thread on SlickDeals for Pinecone. As soon as someone finds a banner they post a link in that thread. There are 49 pages right now. Just save this link and check it occasionally. Start from the last page and work your way back to try and find any new links that have been added. This is how I found the link that I got in on.

SlickDeals Pinecone Research Master Thread (http://forums.slickdeals.net/t5568.html?)

Right now, all the posted links are dead - but keep an eye out on that thread.

familyfirsttimer
08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Thank you so much for the great info. I appreciate you taking the time to post all those options you've had success with.

Thanks again! :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

littleshamrock
08-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Pinecone is AWESOME!!! If you ever see a banner for them , click on it immediately!! I do surveys on another site, plus do VERY well with their affiliate program (just getting others to sign up). Please pm or e-mail me if you would like details!!!
Thanks!!
MB

umaangel00
08-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I love pinecone. In the past year I have made at least 100 dollars from them. I have gotten several products to test!

HLAuburn
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
So you can't just go to the website and sign up? How do you find these "banners" that link to a sign up?

littleshamrock
08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
So you can't just go to the website and sign up? How do you find these "banners" that link to a sign up?
Unfortunately, no. You have to find a banner. I guess that's there way of controlling the number of people who sign up. If you look hard enough, you'll find one. And if I happen to see one, I will try to post where I saw it at and maybe someone else can get signed up...
Hope that helps!!
MB

Microcell
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I just filled out a sign up page on that link from goofy26 that had another link to a sign up sheet. I will let you know how it turns out. It just said I would hear in a few days.

DisneyGirl83
08-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I just used this link to sign up...try this out...Good Luck

http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp

littleshamrock
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
AWESOME!! You guys will love Pinecone!!

familyfirsttimer
08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I just used this link to sign up...try this out...Good Luck

http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp

I just used it too!!!! Thanks a lot! :love1:

chrismiss56
08-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Used it also......hope I qualify. Thanks for all!!

Have a Magical Disney Day!!

sunkissed212
08-23-2005, 05:24 PM
just filled out the info - I hope I qualify!

Alice28
08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
I've participated in www.mysurvey.com & have probably earned $40 in the past year or so.

luvdisney14
08-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you very much for the link, I hope I hear from them soon. :flower:

SStJean
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Just an FYI, I just signed up using this link and it looks like it took.:)

http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp (http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp)

----------
Steve

briannesmom
08-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Just signed up too :cool1: Thanks for the link SStJean!

Amy

lsg1
08-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks SStJean! I was looking all over for a banner from them, and I used your link last night, and got my first survey this morning!! Thanks so much!

Just an FYI, I just signed up using this link and it looks like it took.:)

http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp (http://www2.pineconeresearch.com//signup/ds457Burst2.asp)

----------
Steve

Kayla's Mom
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I signed up yesterday and just received (and completed) my first survey! :flower:

Thank you MyGoofy 26 for posting the link (that is the one I used to sign up)!

sunkissed212
08-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I signed up yesterday as well and just received (and completed) my first survey as well. It was fun and hopefully it's legit and I'll get my check in the mail in about a week (that is what the email said anyway).

This could be fun if it works out!

Tasha+Scott
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I signed up yesterday and just received (and completed) my first survey! :flower:

Thank you MyGoofy 26 for posting the link (that is the one I used to sign up)!
Same here! :)

umaangel00
08-24-2005, 09:22 AM
I signed up yesterday as well and just received (and completed) my first survey as well. It was fun and hopefully it's legit and I'll get my check in the mail in about a week (that is what the email said anyway).

This could be fun if it works out!

It is legit. I have made about 100 dollars in the past year from them and tested several products. Now if I could just figure out how to update my email addy.....

sunkissed212
08-24-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm addicted already - I want more surveys!!!

cseca
08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm in!!! :)
Just received my first survey.
WOOHOO!!!
Thanks for posting the link.
You guys are awesome!

familyfirsttimer
08-24-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm in!!! :)
Just received my first survey.
WOOHOO!!!
Thanks for posting the link.
You guys are awesome!

Me too!!!! These boards rock!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Dcat2u
08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Just finished my first survey too!

Karibeth19
08-24-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm in too!!! :Pinkbounc I have been wanting to get into Pinecone forever, and I was so happy to see my e-mail from them this morning. Thanks for the link!

leight
08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
FYI- I've been doing pinecone for several years and they are very much legit!

sunkissed212
08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
How often do they send us surveys? weekly? Monthly? randomly?

TIA!

LuluLovesDisney
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm trying to find a pinecone banner to click on but this is like Towel Animal, Tag Fairy, etc. - these things never find me!

leight
08-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I think it is pretty random- depending on how you answer some of the questionnaires they will send- those do not have compensation. But thru those and your profile I think they screen for target groups to answer specific surveys. I usually get 2-3 a month. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

angeladisney
08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
:cool1: You guys are great am register now all I have to do is see if I quailify. I hope so :Pinkbounc This will be one more way I can help my Disney Fund, and we all know that the most important fund of them all. :rotfl2:

SnowWhite
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Not sure how this really works but after skimming through this thread and finding the "link" I found out that is only open to American residents. :guilty:

Here is the link I found.....https://www2.pineconeresearch.com/Signup/Signup_Form.asp

not sure if that will work but give it a try!

MTW
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't know if it is my computer or what, but I was unsuccessful with the Pinecone link the first 4-5 times I clicked on it. The last time it worked and I filled out the info. Thanks for the link! Great for this SAHM!

tink2020
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks! I was able to sign up too.... hopefully I qualify! If it's like any of the ones around here though (non-internet)... I'll be disqualified on the last question! :) Whatever.... can't hurt! Even if I only make $5 it's lunch! ;)

gm
08-24-2005, 06:46 PM
I love pinecone too.

I get at least 2 a month and have tried several new products for them. I have them for about 3 years now. :cool1:

littleshamrock
08-24-2005, 07:55 PM
MTW:
Pinecone is very "elusive." You have to sign up as soon as you see a banner because the next time you click on it, it will probably be gone. There are always people posting on message boards looking for a banner. It's a good program though, definately worth it!!
MB

luvdisney14
08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
I just filled out a survery, how do I know if I get money or not.

mrsboz
08-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe I'm braindead but, how do you sign up? I followed that address that someone gave but didn't see where we can sign up? I know I'm not good on the computer but can you sign up with that address? :confused3

littleshamrock
08-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Maybe I'm braindead but, how do you sign up? I followed that address that someone gave but didn't see where we can sign up? I know I'm not good on the computer but can you sign up with that address? :confused3
The link is dead, for the sign up page anyways..they go quickly!!

AND, if you did a survey for pinecone, you will be getting a check for $5 in the mail. I always get mine within days of doing the survey!!

cseca
08-25-2005, 06:41 AM
what's the difference between a survey and a questionaire?
in the faq section it mentioned that a 2-5min questionaire is unpaid and the survey is paid.

I guess I'm confused.

help?

MyGoofy26
08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
what's the difference between a survey and a questionaire?
in the faq section it mentioned that a 2-5min questionaire is unpaid and the survey is paid.

I guess I'm confused.

help?

Usually questionaires are asking about your demographics, interests, etc so they know which surveys you are most likely to qualify for.

MI mom of 3
08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
I signed up last night, thanks for the link. Received an e-mail this morning and have already done my first survey. I can't believe it was that easy.

Thanks!!!!

airplane
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I signed up last night and I just completed my first survey. It was easy. I can't wait to do another. $5.00 = one bottle of water and one mickey premium bar!

2MuchOhana
08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I signed up last night; but haven't heard anything yet.

ckoncurat
08-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I got in! Did my first survey this morning!!!! Thanks!!!
And, to pass on the help, I have had good experience with www.lightspeedpanel.com
and with
www.kidzeyes.com (kids 5-12 only)

Thanks again!

cseca
08-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Usually questionaires are asking about your demographics, interests, etc so they know which surveys you are most likely to qualify for.

Ooohhh... I see.
So if I was answering questions about a certain product that would be considered a survey. But if it was only demographic information that would be a questionaire. Got it!

Thanks for the info! :teeth:

angeladisney
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
:banana: Thank you all for the help with pinecone. I took my first survey today. I just register yesterday afternoon that was quick. Anywho thank you all for the information. You all are great. :cheer2:

ShellyL
08-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Do you use your home email or do you use like a hotmail account or something else?
Michele

jeepgirl30
08-25-2005, 03:43 PM
i did a survey for pinecone but it didn't say if i would get paid. I may get a sample of salad dressing but not sure if any cash compensation?

angeladisney
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Do you use your home email or do you use like a hotmail account or something else?
Michele
I use my home email. I like jeepgirl30 took a survey on salad dressing. :banana: I think am also getting a free sample to try even though I am not suppose talk about it :rotfl: Anyways just use your regular email that what I did. :wave2:

allaboutmm
08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I also just signed up. Thank you! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :earboy2: princess:

littleshamrock
08-25-2005, 05:57 PM
i did a survey for pinecone but it didn't say if i would get paid. I may get a sample of salad dressing but not sure if any cash compensation?
I did the salad dressing one too, and I got a check in the mail within days (I think 3) of completing it. You should be getting one too!!
MB

LuluLovesDisney
08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I also just signed up! Awesome! :cheer2:

2dd'smom
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much for the great postings regarding PineCone surveys. I signed up tonight! Hopefully, I will be one of the lucky ones to receive an email from them tomorrow! I love this site and just became a member tonight! People on here are so helpful, friendly and nice! They answer everything and anything! How very kind!

:goodvibes

justcruisin
08-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Signed up 24 hours ago and have received NOTHING! I'm hoping they at least send out a "rejection" email.

FWIW, I did answer a family member works in the drug industry... maybe that's why I haven't heard.

Savin4Disney
08-27-2005, 12:46 PM
reminder for those of you new to PineCone. You are not suppose to mention what surverys you do and if you get products.

DsnyDrmr
08-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks! Been waiting for a chance to sign up with Pinecone.

chrismiss56
08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Signed up days ago and have not heard a thing.........have I been rejected?:(:(

Have a Magical Disney Day!!:)

barbeml
08-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the Pinecone link...I got my first survey this AM.

sunkissed212
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I did my first survey last Thursday and I got my $5 check today!!!!! WooHooo!! Also did a Keynote Evaulation Survey and should be getting (my 2nd) $10 amazon gift card in about a week!!!

Alice28
08-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I got my first $5 check today too! :banana:

granmanh603
08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
I just got an email to sign up for Click IQ has anyone heard of them? :earsgirl:

luvdisney14
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I also received my check today, does the next survey come by email?

chrismiss56
08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I guess I have not been rejected....Woo HOO!! Got my first survey and $5 check in the mail.

Have a Magical Disney Day!!

dreamscometrue
08-29-2005, 10:06 PM
I signed up last Thursdayand still nothing. It seems like everyone heard back quickly. Do they notify you if they will not be using you???

Maybe there was a problem with the link. Keep me posted if you see a new one!!
Thanks- :flower: :flower:

allaboutmm
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
:listen: I haven't heard either, and I signed up last Thursday :sad2: ! I wish they would at lease send me a reject letter :badpc: !

disgram
08-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Signed up last Thursday and did my first survey yesterday!! Very painless! :rotfl2:

toystoryduo
08-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Signed up last week and got my first check yesterday! :goodvibes

2MuchOhana
08-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Is there some way to know if you have been rejected other than not getting a survey? It seems there are a few of us that signed up last Thursday haven't heard a word one way or another.

The Disney Bunch
08-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I love Pinecone! I signed up last month & have gotten a survery just about every week- great! Those $5 checks add up! :cool1:

airplane
08-30-2005, 07:59 AM
I did my survey on 8/25 and I got my check on 8/29.
Thanks for posting this topic :cool1:

MyGoofy26
08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure how they do rejections. I signed up a few months ago and never heard a thing, then a few weeks ago signed up again decided to take my chance on the voiding thing and I got my first email the following morning.

So I don't know if after some time they purge their files of people who signed up but didn't fit any of the descriptions they were looking for? Or if the voiding thing is really only enforced for people who have been accepted?

sunkissed212
08-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I got another study today - just completed it a little while ago. Email said I should be getting another letter in the mail along with my $5 by Sept 5th

This is awesome!!!

Anyone know of any other good sites that pay out as well as this one does?

BethR
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
First let me say that if you are not chosen for Pinecone they do NOT notify you in any way. You just never hear from them.

Second, let me remind all Pinecone members that they are VERY particular about not posting ANYTHING about banners, products and surveys on message boards and chat rooms. Here is a quote from an e-mail that I got from them in July:

While everyone likes to discuss what’s going on in their lives, talking about your work with PineCone can quickly become a security issue. To avoid this, please limit your survey and product testing experiences to your household. This includes posting product descriptions and images or our registration link in Internet chat rooms or on message boards. To learn more about member confidentiality, click on the attached link.

http://www.pineconeresearch.com/membership_agreement.htm

In that link is this reminder: Some of our members have been tempted to discuss products and their experiences on chat rooms and bulletin boards on-line. While they were well-intentioned, we regard this as a security breach and cause for removal from the panel.

To avoid any potential confusion, here is a listing of types of activities that will result in removal:

* Posting of product descriptions or names on chat rooms
* Copying of product ideas
* Selling test product
* Discussing the survey or product with anyone outside your immediate household
* Allowing someone outside your household to try the product

Let me share with you a little story about what happened with ME last year. I had been a Pinecone member for about a year. Someone posted something about Pinecone on this board. I can't recall what it was - a request for a banner or perhaps it was a "open call" to current members for new members? Anyway, another Pinecone member told me to remind people about Pinecone's strictness about posting the registration link and sometimes even just DISCUSSING it.

Well, I wanted to make sure that this was stated at Pinecone itself and looked all over the place for something stating this.

When I was unable to find it, I e-mailed Karen Scott telling her that I was a moderator on a message board and I was wondering if people could even just discuss Pinecone on the boards. She simply referred me the FAQ's on the Pinecone site.

And I never received another survey.

After some months, I e-mailed Karen again and told her that I had not been receiving any surveys. She told me that my name was no longer in their database. :( She said the only way to become a member again would be to find another banner.

Luckily, I was able to register again some months later. Which I did. With a new e-mail address - just to be cautious.

And I have been receiving surveys ever since.

But I just wanted to warn the rest of you to PROTECT your Pinecone membership by being VERY cautious about what you post so that you don't lose your membership in a very good program.

2MuchOhana
08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for all the clarifications, Beth!

I am sure this will help a lot of people!

momof404
08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
Nevermind, I answered my own questions! :rotfl2:

2MuchOhana
08-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Woo Hoo! I got my first survey this morning!

I have a stupid question, though. How do you know if it was accepted. When I clicked the next button and the following screen was blank. Do you think it went through? Do I need to redo it? Thanks!

Jodi :flower:

luvdisney14
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
The same thing happened to me last night.

dreamscometrue
09-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Has anyone waited for a week or more for their 1st e-mail from Pinecone?
I signed up last Thursday. I was going to resubmit via a new link that I found, but then read about the duplicate signups being rejected. What to do, what to do??
Any advice would be appreciated!!

disgram
09-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Got my first check today!! :banana: Adding it to the "change bank for Disney"!! :cool1:

familyfirsttimer
09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
How do you know if it was accepted. When I clicked the next button and the following screen was blank. Do you think it went through? Do I need to redo it? Thanks!

Jodi :flower:

I had the sme tinhg happen to be on my first survey @2 weeks ago. I just figured I would wait and @5 days later, I received my check. I got my 2nd survey yesterday, and exactly the same thing happened when I clicked to finish the survey. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the check will be on it's way again. If so, it's a great deal!

luvdisney14
09-03-2005, 05:43 PM
I got my check today from the survey that just ended without notification. :Pinkbounc

MickeyMamma
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I tried to apply last week and haven't seen anything yet. :(

Can somebody please PM me on how to find a link or how to search for one? I can't seem to find one.

Many thanks in advance.

sunkissed212
09-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Has anyone waited for a week or more for their 1st e-mail from Pinecone?
I signed up last Thursday. I was going to resubmit via a new link that I found, but then read about the duplicate signups being rejected. What to do, what to do??
Any advice would be appreciated!!

I signed up about 2 weeks ago and received my first email and survey the very next day. I've received one more since then.

You might want to try signing up again through another link with an alternate email address. Maybe then it won't register as a duplicate? Just a thought.

Good luck!