PDA

View Full Version : FREE Microsoft Student 2006 ($99 value)

MyGoofy26
08-21-2005, 06:28 PM
As always, I find the good stuff at Slickdeals - this time credit goes to J.Bourne.

Microsoft Student 2006 (http://www.interactservices.com/msstudent/)

The site is getting slammed so it may take a couple attempts. I was able to get the site and enter my info with no problems but I had to keep hitting back and re-submitting my info. It took 3 tries for it to process.

I don't know how long this will last, so if you're interested in it or think you might be interested then you may want to hurry.

summerrluvv
08-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Cool, thanks!

got2lovedisney
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Took awhile but I got through...thanks!

Free4Life11
08-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Just so you know, this ISN'T Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. It looks JUST like Microsoft Office Student and Teachers version so it's easy to mix them up...

MyGoofy26
08-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for adding that Free4Life11 - I meant to add that note in there. But yeah, it's a new product, and I think there's a small description on that site.

From the MS website:

Sometimes the hardest part about doing homework is getting started. Learning Essentials for Students provides assignment-specific guidance in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel. With curriculum-based templates, tools, and tutorials, Learning Essentials helps with a variety of subjects and assignments, from history reports and essays to physics projects and chemistry labs.

Getting past the blank page
The easy-to-use and intuitive tools, templates, and tutorials in Learning Essentials help students get past formatting questions and puts them into the core of the assignment to create high-quality reports, presentations, science projects, and other assignments more easily. Developed in cooperation with well-regarded academic publishers like Pearson Prentice Hall, SchoolKiT, and Great Source Houghton Mifflin Co., Learning Essentials even offers tips, tricks, and tutorials for managing homework projects and developing study aids.

Writing in Spanish, French, and German?
Microsoft Student 2006 unlocks tools in Microsoft Office specially designed for foreign language assignments, providing templates for writing in Spanish, French, and German. Once a template is launched, the student will have tools available specifically for writing in that language, such as letters with appropriate accents and spell checking with suggested correct spellings.

Putting together a polished package
Learning Essentials help students create accurate and compelling work—even in math and science. Guidelines and templates for Microsoft PowerPoint make for sharp analytical presentations, and templates for Microsoft Excel improve critical thinking on physics and chemistry assignments.

poohfan
08-21-2005, 07:35 PM
This is a new software package that MS came out with. It's intended for Middle School and High School students. It contains things like math tutorials and report templates. You can get more information about it on the microsoft.com website.

:flower:

cruisnfamily
08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Is this some kind of "tutorial" program? Or is it a program that actually does stuff?

tink2020
08-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks! I got through pretty quickly... let us know if anyone gets theirs!

nepean
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Got it!! Thanks!!! My daughter does high school on line and this will be a great help.

disneyxo
08-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Thank you :) It took me awhile had to hit refresh a couple of times but definately worth the wait!

momof1princess
08-21-2005, 08:50 PM
thanks so much! my DD isn't old enough for it, but i picked up a copy for my 13 yo cousin! :)

blondimom
08-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Just got through-Thanks!! :Pinkbounc

MyGoofy26
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Is this some kind of "tutorial" program? Or is it a program that actually does stuff?

Both.

More info - this is from the first page that pops up in the link I gave, for those who want to see what it's about before clicking.

Introducing Microsoft® Student

Microsoft demonstrates its ongoing commitment to education with the introduction of Microsoft Student 2006, a comprehensive set of essential homework tools every student needs to achieve academic success. With curriculum-based templates and tutorials, groundbreaking graphing calculator software, trusted digital reference content, and tools for cutting through online clutter, Microsoft Student 2006 makes it easier for kids to start and complete high-quality assignments in less time.

On this website, you can order one full package of Microsoft Student free of charge*. You will also receive a CD containing Learning Essentials for Microsoft Office, the new education add-in for schools that transforms your familiar Office applications into a customized set of tools specially designed for 21st-century teaching and learning.

Microsoft hopes you enjoy Microsoft Student and looks forward to hearing from you about your experience.

The Microsoft Student Team

Tigger1
08-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Is this for teachers only? I fit that catagory so thats good for me. I did get threw but had to hit submit several times,
thanks for the information MYGOOFY@^

Your great

Tigger

iNTeNSeBLue98
08-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Is this for teachers only? I fit that catagory so thats good for me. I did get threw but had to hit submit several times,
thanks for the information MYGOOFY@^

Your great

Tigger

This is at the bottom of the sign up page:
Microsoft intends that the use of this product comply with applicable federal, state, and local government gift and ethics rules. If you are a government employee (including an employee of a public education institution), this product may be used for evaluation purposes only. This means your use of the software must be solely for the benefit of your agency/institution, and not for the personal use or benefit of any individual. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, you should consult with your agency/institution counsel or ethics officer prior to your use of the software. You may return this product to Microsoft at its expense.

I placed an order for DD who starts HS in next week. Thanks for posting!

tnhillbilly
08-22-2005, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the info. Got mine after 3 times. :hug:

scrappinmom
08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
GUess I'm the unlucky one...I've been trying now for 2 days & cannot seem to get thru! I get thru putting in my info then I get tossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ugh

scrappinmom
08-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Never mind! The maigical power of being sad on the DIS board.....talk about pixie dust! I went back after that last post & tried one more time & got thru instantly!!!!! thank you :banana:

DisneyForLife
08-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Thank you to the original poster. I got one on the first try. Good deal.

mousefansmom
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
dead link for me. . . :confused3

mousefansmom

gr8ful4Him
08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks to the OP!
I did this late last night....or what is early this morning :confused3 Persistence paid off...I got through to the website after refreshing a few times and then had to also hit submit quite a few times before it gave me the confirmation page. I told my dh this morning and he said he was going to buy it at Staples last week for $80 but didn't *phew* What a savings! :banana:

StephaBabe50
08-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I just tried and I guess they have sold out

andychris14
08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
thanks, I got mine!!!!

IStoleMyKidsPins
08-23-2005, 08:21 AM
They're all sold out of the free copies. Bummer for me & everyone else who saw this link too late.

my3kids
09-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Has anyone received their copy yet? It has been 3+ weeks.

my3kids
09-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Has anyone received??

gr8ful4Him
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Has anyone received??
I haven't yet, but hopefully it'll come soon. My reciept said it would be shipped within 14 days, but it's been 18 since I ordered. Hmmmm...maybe they sent it el cheapo mail and it's just coming via horseback? ;)

my3kids
09-09-2005, 05:12 AM
Or not coming at all is my guess :( I sent an email inquiry as the receipt said, but didn't get a reoly to the email. This is not looking good.

MommyBoo!
09-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Well, it's only been two and a half weeks and there was a holiday in that time. And the confirmation states that it would be shipped within 14 business days, which could mean that they wouldn't ship until today. So, I think we should give it a little more time. :)

my3kids
09-12-2005, 09:24 AM
bumping to see if any of the earliest orders (8/21-22) have arrived yet.

chniki88
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
what is the web address for this ?? Could you please post it or PM me

Thanks so much

gr8ful4Him
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
The website for this no longer exists. It comes up "Page cannot be found". I guess they figured they didn't need to have the "this promo's over" page up anymore. :confused3
I just emailed msstudent@interactservices.com with my reference number... I'll let you know if I receive any response.

tnhillbilly
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Hello,
I emailed them on the 8th with the reference number and still have not got a reply.

gr8ful4Him
09-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Hello,
I emailed them on the 8th with the reference number and still have not got a reply.
Hopefully this isn't a sign that we're just not getting it. Of course, if that is the case, they could at least have the decency to tell us!

my3kids
09-13-2005, 05:15 AM
I've emailed twice with no response.

;) I am outraged! I paid absolutely nothing for the product and I have not gotten it yet! My husband works hard for my money and to not spend it and not receive the product is just shameful. ;) It's a conspiracy!

gr8ful4Him
09-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I've emailed twice with no response.

;) I am outraged! I paid absolutely nothing for the product and I have not gotten it yet! My husband works hard for my money and to not spend it and not receive the product is just shameful. ;) It's a conspiracy!

hmmm...the old phrase "you can't get something for nothing" comes to mind. :rolleyes:

my3kids
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
hmmm...the old phrase "you can't get something for nothing" comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Did you not see my ;) . hmmmm it was a JOKE.... :rolleyes:

gr8ful4Him
09-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Did you not see my ;) . hmmmm it was a JOKE.... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know you were joking around and I actually got a chuckle from your humor! ...sorry
I just hope they don't sell all of our information to thousands of other retailers so they can fill our in-boxes with their junk and inadverdantly crash our computers so we won't be able to get more "free" items or come to the DisBoards anymore :scared1:

disneyxo
09-17-2005, 08:40 PM
bumping to see if any of the earliest orders (8/21-22) have arrived yet.

I ordered on 8/21 and have not received yet.

Tigger1
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I thought it was 6 to 8 weeks to get it? When did everyone order?

Tigger

my3kids
09-18-2005, 07:01 AM
My confirmation said to be shipped within 14 business days. That has come and gone.....They aren't delivering, I don't think. I have written to the email address they provided 3 times with a request for information, but they never even responed. I ordered 8/21 or 8/22.

tink2020
09-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Don't know if this is of any help or just more false hope :) ...

but another computer-ish blog spot (I searched for the offer on Google to check out other forums) says people are getting theirs. There are pages of complaints about not getting them, the 14 days being over, blah blah blah and then a few are getting them (and even posting pictures).

There is also some speculation about whether people ordered more than one (for family members, etc) whether that canceled out or not....

all just reported from another site. Don't flame me if someone there is pulling our leg! :teeth:

disneyxo
09-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Don't know if this is of any help or just more false hope :) ...

but another computer-ish blog spot (I searched for the offer on Google to check out other forums) says people are getting theirs. There are pages of complaints about not getting them, the 14 days being over, blah blah blah and then a few are getting them (and even posting pictures).

There is also some speculation about whether people ordered more than one (for family members, etc) whether that canceled out or not....

all just reported from another site. Don't flame me if someone there is pulling our leg! :teeth:

I believe we will get them enventually. I am sure that it was very popular and since it was free I can't imagine them killing themselves to ship ALL the requests within 14 days. Plus I figure they didn't use any express type shipping either.

MyGoofy26
09-18-2005, 09:13 AM
The board I originally found this on, people are just starting to get theirs as ofFriday/Saturday. Keep in mind that 14 business days is almost 3 weeks and there was a holiday in there as well. Plus they're shipping USPS and if you've read some of the ebay threads that deal with shipping, you'll see that a lot of people have been waiting a lot longer than usual for packages via USPS since the hurricane. Things that used to take a few days are taking a week or two.

So be patient.

wdwstar
09-18-2005, 09:18 AM
hmmm...the old phrase "you can't get something for nothing" comes to mind.

Isnt it " You cant always get what you want" Oh i think that is a phrase from the rolling stones... :rotfl:

my3kids
09-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Anyone yet?

disneyxo
09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Anyone yet?

not yet, but not giving up hope!

gr8ful4Him
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I got this in an email tonight...

Dear Customer,

Many of you have been sending emails inquiring about your order of Microsoft Student 2006, in which an order was confirmed. Due to the overwhelming interest in Microsoft Student 2006, all available free seeding copies have been distributed. This limited time offer is now over. Microsoft Student 2006 is available at Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, CompUSA, Wal-Mart and other fine retailers. We will contact you as soon as more information is available from Microsoft, until then we will not be fulfilling any outstanding orders.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Student Team

I guess those of us who haven't recieved this yet aren't going to unless we give up the $$!

my3kids
10-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Yep, I'd sent 4 emails and got 4 of those messages.

MyGoofy26
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
In the board I found this deal on - someone got a response that said that Microsoft gave this company 16,000 copies to distribute however they wanted and they were trying to see if they could get more- but they only had 16,000. . . and someone made the observation that everyone they know that actually recieved it had used an email address that identified them as an educator. . .

So we'll see. . .

hemispheredancer
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew!

Tigger1
10-19-2005, 05:19 AM
I did not recieve mine yet but used my school address. I am not sre which email I used.

rebbeca
10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
I ordered this as soon as it was posted. I followed the latest threads up to the point where it was being said they would not be sending any more out. I just moments ago received this E-mail. It looks like we will be receiving them after all. One more Christmas gift taken care off.

Dear ,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft's new software for educators and students.

We are emailing you to let you know that we are in the process of sending you a free copy of Microsoft Student 2006 (one copy per address). Your product is scheduled to ship out to you by November 15 and will arrive approximately 7-10 days later via USPS.

We had an overwhelming response to our special limited time offer to educators for a free evaluation copy of the new product. This offer was intended to provide educators with the latest technology to help aid their students in academic success.

We are excited to send you copy of Microsoft Student and invite you to share your favorite features and best homework tips with us through email at mssteach@microsoft.com. Be sure to check out the features listed below, or for more information visit the web site at http://www.microsoft.com/student.

Learning Essentials for Students
* Microsoft Office-compatible templates, tutorials, and toolbars help students create high-quality reports and presentations.

Graphing Calculator
* A customizable 3-D calculator helps students visualize and solve complex math and science problems.

Online math homework help
* Complete sets of questions and answers taken directly from popular math textbooks offer step-by-step help

Encarta Premium Encyclopedia
* A full version of Microsoft Encarta Premium provides a world of trusted information to explore.

Project starters
* Organizational guides and tools take the stress out of starting projects.

Web Companion
* Web Companion improves Internet research with editorially approved content that is presented alongside Web search results.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Student Product Team

my3kids
10-28-2005, 05:14 PM
No email for me. :(

nepean
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Just got the e-mail tonight. They are shipping mine as well.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

gr8ful4Him
10-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I came home and got this same email tonight. I saw who it was from and figured they probably were going to give me a "discounted" price or something. I'm glad they're sending them out finally...not sure if I should :cheer2: yet or not LOL Maybe I'll just hold it in for now until I actually recieve it! ::yes::

iNTeNSeBLue98
10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I got the email. :cool1: If this is the same program DH downloaded this week, your kids (and parents too) are going to enjoy it tremendously.

blessedby3
10-29-2005, 06:53 AM
I got the same email as rebbeca got this morning. Guess it will be coming when we are at Disney. I was going to have the post office hold my mail. Hope this makes it to me when we get back!!!

Delilah Bleu
10-29-2005, 02:27 PM
I received the same email as Rebecca. let's just hope it comes.

tiggersgal19
10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Ireceived the e-mail also. Hope it comes soon. :cool1:

my3kids
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
No email for us.

disneyxo
11-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I got the email too, I was very surprised to have received it......I accidently deleted it cause I thought it was junk mail and had to restore the email.

MommyBoo!
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Got it in the mail today. It came in a small, plain white cardboard mailer.

gr8ful4Him
11-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Got it in the mail today. It came in a small, plain white cardboard mailer.
ohhhh....I'll have to watch for it. I was just thinking yesterday it should (hopefully) be coming soon. Have you tried it out, and is it worth what you paid for it? ;)

iNTeNSeBLue98
11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Mine came today too! :cool1:

mtblujeans
11-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I missed out! :guilty:

MommyBoo!
11-22-2005, 08:36 PM
ohhhh....I'll have to watch for it. I was just thinking yesterday it should (hopefully) be coming soon. Have you tried it out, and is it worth what you paid for it? ;)

Haven't tried it yet; I'm sure DS will tomorrow. I'm also sure it's worth every penny. ;) :teeth:

tnhillbilly
11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I got mine on Monday, took it and gave it to my DS's school. I have not talked to the computer teacher yet to see how they like it. I am glad they can put it on all the computer at the school for all the kids.

susieeQ
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Never got an email...but....yippee it was in todays mail!!!

tink2020
12-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I had unsubscribed from this thread when nobody was receiving it.... but my mom got hers! I had ordered it for her because she teaches (and I didn't need it), and she was talking about it the other day on the phone. I asked her where she got it and she said she didn't remember "showing any interest", but it came in the mail and thanked her for doing so :rotfl:

Cool! :goodvibes

lucyanna girl
12-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I missed out on this and would really like to have one. If anyone doesn't use theirs would you mind passing it on for DD? Thanks.

mtblujeans
12-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Would someone please post if you find another offer like this one?? I would have loved to have gotten a copy of this program for my DSs! TIA!!