PDA

View Full Version : Quality of disneydirect princess costumes?

2littleprincesses
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Can anyone tell me how the quality is of the Cinderella and Belle costumes? Is it comparable to Target/Walmart costumes or better? I am trying to decide whether to get these. Thanks

rdsx28
08-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi,
I purchased the Ariel costume for my daughter who's 5. I saw it in the Disney store and the quality seemed ok but they did seem to run a bit small. I ordered her a M and think I will have to change to a L.I think the quality is a little better than target etc.If you buy 2 accesssories with the costume you get 20% off with free shipping. I also got 10.00 off for spending over 50.00 with the coupon code HALLOWEEN FUN. Good luck!

Fire14
08-21-2005, 06:35 PM
My nieces costumes from Disney store or disney direct have survived 2 girls, mutiple halloween, and many dress up's and only the origanal belle dress has seen better days. I noticed the shoes tended to run SMALL I always ended up buying next shoe size up.

kerry34
08-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I have bought several costumes over the years in the store and online and they have always held up well. I find the quality of the fabric to be better than that of the costumes sold at walmart or other department stores. I recently bought Belle and Tinkerbelle and my girls just love them. Got the accessories as well so got the 20% discount. Costumes ended up around 17.50 a piece. Great deal for me because my girls will get lots of use from them.

MelodyMack
08-22-2005, 12:42 AM
We didn't get the Jasmine, but we did get the Belle from DisneyDirect, and we love it! As a matter of fact, its my favorite so far. I think the quality exceeds that of Wal-mart IMO.

HTH!
Mel

scrapperjill
08-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Over the years we've purchased a Sleeping Beauty, (2) snow whites, tinkerbell, 101 dalmations and cinderella costumes from either the Disney Store or Disney Direct....and I would have to agree the the quality of these is better than wal-mart, target, Costco....

The ONLY problems we've had with them...is the tulle under the dresses being stepped on and torn (happened to the FIRST snow white dress that I got years ago for my then 2yo dd)....but that was mostly because ....my girls are not real tall...so the lengh was longer on them than it should have been...and because she wore it ALL the time....Plus I tend to buy them bigger than they need...so they can be worn more. Matter of fact the Snow White and Sleeping Beauty dresses that I purchased 2 years ago...still fit my girls now.

CheapMom
08-22-2005, 08:31 AM
The princess costumes from Lillian Vernon are the best quality- they are so pretty and really well made- also they run a little bit large.

mamalle
08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
definitely better quality. god mine have held up thru many playdates and out on the swing set with many different little girls wearing them.