PDA

View Full Version : Meal Vouchers

sames1
08-21-2005, 11:51 AM
I've heard of meal voucher for Disney World. Are they real? I'm a bit jaded over the "travel vouchers" that offer a trip to Las Vegas, but when you try to redeem them they charge a "registration fee" more than if you booked the trip yourself .
I hope meal vouchers aren't the same thing.
pirate:

lmountford
08-21-2005, 12:04 PM
They are real although the savings can be minimal except in one or two places, there is a comparatively recent budget board thread about mousesavers offering a link to get them for $16.77. I have bought six to use Beaches and Cream / Pepper Market but more as a sort of pre payment device :-)

jgates
08-21-2005, 01:18 PM
We used them at Beaches & I did use them a few other places that were more of a 'break even' and 'nothing new has to go on my credit card today' situation, LOL. I bought a couple of the dinner ones also and we went to Canada in the WS to use those. Excellent value there. Excellent food also. Gave us a chance to have a real treat of a meal for a set amount.

I had a few extra of the lunch ones, so I gave them to some of the people at the Club level at the Swan - they were so nice to us and were talking about how they loved to eat at Beaches too - so I gave them those for a Thank You gift.

I'll probably order a few next time - it is harder with the lunch ones - the heat kills my appetite somewhat - but we will definitely be going to Beaches!!

Alexander
08-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Personally I think $16.00 is even a difficult break even point for B & C. We paid $14.50 and just broke even with them. The most expensive lunch menu item is $8.99 and the sundaes run about $6.99. That's if you can even get a sundae down after having lunch, we just usually grabbed a milkshake for $3.99. It really wasn't worth us buying them this time. When we paid $10 or $11 for them it was a better deal. I know tip is included in the cost of the voucher, but we always leave a tip anyways because they are ALWAYS so good to us and we pay cash for DS meals.

Now when we use them at the Pepper Market we did come out ahead. DH had a Prime Rib dinner for $18.99 plus, drink and a $3 dessert, I had shrimp fajitas for $15.99, plus drink and dessert. We did well here.

All in all, they just aren't the deal they used to be. You will be very lucky to break even anywhere other than the two places mentioned above when buying them for $14, but I dont' think you'll come close when paying $16.