PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help - Disney Magic is fading!!

djm99
08-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Oh I miss WDW - I went to Disneyland this summer - it wasn't the same (dah, it is California) but I thought I'd feel the "magic" of Disney - but it just wasn't there- felt like any ole theme park. It was kind of wierd considering thats the house that Walt built, but you can't beat LA weather in August - it was absolutely beautiful - but anyway - I'm already planning to visit WDW in March and I am completely out of the WDW loop - I tried to stay away from the WDW boards and focus on DL - so I've forgotten so much.

Like, last time I checked Hotwire had discountinued the meal vouchers - but I remember someone posting a website that didn't require membership but the vouchers were sold for a little more money. And - Where can I find good prices on Disney tickets now - I used Alamo rental car company to buy my last tickets a couple years ago - are they still offering those discounted tickets if you rent from them? If so how much are the tickets?

So much to refresh on - in what seems so little of time.
Thank you for your help!!! :Pinkbounc

GrannyEv
08-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi there:
I totally agree. I've been to DisneyLand once and found that the Magic wasn't there. Welcome back to WDW. When are you going?
Are you staying onsite? Driving down?

hugs
GrannyEv :flower:

Cheshire Figment
08-21-2005, 11:41 AM
When you first got on Main Street, was your reaction: "Where's the Castle"?

raysnkaysmom
08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
I haven't been to Disneyland in about 15 yrs...and back then, I wasn't 'Disney" like I am now... I can't imagine not feeling the magic there too.. but take your trip in March to WDW...stay with us on the boards....Disney Magic never leaves, it may just be in hibernation :)

utahkennedys
08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
That is funny about DL...I have only gone to WDW my whole life b/c I grew up in Boston, but last fall we went to DL and I LOVED it, truly LOVED it. The Magic Kingdom was definately magical to me there. I have to say the overall atmosphere wasn't the same, but even California Adventure was magical to us. Maybe I am just a Disney nut?

djm99
08-21-2005, 05:26 PM
That is funny about DL...I have only gone to WDW my whole life b/c I grew up in Boston, but last fall we went to DL and I LOVED it, truly LOVED it. The Magic Kingdom was definately magical to me there. I have to say the overall atmosphere wasn't the same, but even California Adventure was magical to us. Maybe I am just a Disney nut?

There were a few things that put me in the Disney mode, like Its a Small World. As many times as I've been to WDW I'd NEVER seen that display - WOW and Pirates of the Carribbean was the best - but besides that - no disney feeling. The only thing I did like about California Adventure was how empty is was and SOC - which was the best "ride" I have been on (almost as good as Spiderman in IOA - ALMOST). I can't wait to do the NEW one in EPCOT!

djm99
08-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi there:
I totally agree. I've been to DisneyLand once and found that the Magic wasn't there. Welcome back to WDW. When are you going?
Are you staying onsite? Driving down?

hugs
GrannyEv :flower:

I will be driving down but it looks like I will likely be staying off site - renting a house for 2 weeks!