PDA

View Full Version : yet another yard sale price ?

mamalle
08-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Im going to have a yard sale next week and Im cleaning out the garage. Im planning on selling the little tikes log cabin, bounce around house, radio flyer wagon ( big one with cup holders and storage), little tikes car, and light weight stroller. I was thinking of $75 for the bounce house, $50 for the cabin and $25 for the wagon. do you think that is reasonable? It doesnt really matter what the smaller stuff goes for. Im thinking like $5 a piece for them but these items Im hoping will sell for a larger profit. I usually get grandparents first thing in the am that like to pick up items and are usually agreeable to my prices.. TIA Lisa :sunny:

ElizaB39
08-20-2005, 08:42 AM
I have no idea about prices but when I used to sell my things to a consignment store she used the following. SHe would sell a used item for half of what it would go for in the store, and she would pay the consignor (me) half of that half. SO I would get 25% of current retail and she would sell it for 50% of current retail. I would use that as a guide. Don't know if this makes sense or not.

ELiza

mamalle
08-20-2005, 08:52 AM
yeah that does make sense. the bounce house and the log cabin are 25% of the retail price but the wagon is off by $5.00. thanks!

ElizaB39
08-20-2005, 09:01 AM
yeah that does make sense. the bounce house and the log cabin are 25% of the retail price but the wagon is off by $5.00. thanks!

I think you should shoot for more than 25% of current retail, that is what she paid me, she listed for 50%. Maybe don't list it for 50% of current retail, but somethinkg between 25 and 50. Also, people will offer you less than what you have it priced for. You never know. Good Luck!

chniki88
08-20-2005, 06:29 PM
You will make more money on ebay.
I sold my log cabin on ebay for 115.00 I paid 40 at a yard sale several years ago. It was local pick up only. If you look the average price on ebay or want ad for the log cabin is around 100.00-125.00.

I just bought a 8' X8' bounce house at walmart for 80.00 on clearence yesterday.

Do you not like ebay?? I think with those 2 big ticket items you would do better there than a yard sale.

THe wagon either one.
GOOD LUCK

mamalle
08-20-2005, 10:40 PM
actually I did sell all my big baby items on ebay and made some nice $$$ but I thought maybe I would try a yard sale and see since I have had some great luck with grandparents in my neighborhood that are agreeable to my prices. I can also do pick up only on ebay if they dont sell. thanks!

PURTYPAT1
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
How Did You Make Out With Your Yard Sale?